• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Lead Quest Designer Says No Changes Based on George Floyd Aftermath; Game is “Not a Political Statement, [or] a Political Thesis”

Tesseract

Banned
Water under the Bridges 🌻
tbwEGlw.jpg
i see you, enemy

muhammad grunt memes on ice for now

SantaC

Checked if this thread was on era. Nope.

Resetera in a nutshell. A high profile game that everyone wants to buy gets a free pass from their shitty dogpiling, but if this was a random EA game there would be huge boycotts and fires over there now. Hypocrites.

Shai-Tan

Banned

Resetera in a nutshell. A high profile game that everyone wants to buy gets a free pass from their shitty dogpiling, but if this was a random EA game there would be huge boycotts and fires over there now. Hypocrites.

full of hyper partisan idiots axe grinding over mostly imaginary sleights (kinda like many of the responses here)

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Bullshit. We know this game hasn't released because they are constantly reworking the story to align with current events just like all SJW games. I'ts not like it is fucking hard to build main quests and sub-quests in sprawling RPGs while also ensuring that nothing in those quests or in other quests or any part of the game can break the quest.

Fake sarcasm aside, would anyone actually think that a game most recently slated to release in September would try to shoehorn in current events while they scramble to get it out the doors in time for a November release?

Bkdk

Great, nailed it 100%. I hope this Eastern Europe game dev culture will expand To dying light 2 and stalker 2 as well. They are the last hope for western Game developers.

But CDPR actually WAS catering to the woke brigade. If this game had released 10 years earlier all that gender neutral nonsense would not have made it into the game.

I don't think so.

If there's one setting and one game where it makes perfect sense, it's Cyberpunk 2077. In a world riddled with hyper-individualism and transhumanism, a world obsessed with body modifications, to the extreme of popularising implants such as 3-mouthed faces as sex toys, arbitrary combinations of genitalia and other body parts would be normal and perfectly on-character.

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
I don't think so.

If there's one setting and one game where it makes perfect sense, it's Cyberpunk 2077. In a world riddled with hyper-individualism and transhumanism, a world obsessed with body modifications, to the extreme of popularising implants such as 3-mouthed faces as sex toys, arbitrary combinations of genitalia and other body parts would be normal and perfectly on-character.

apparently it was in source material decades ago. no one noticed because it wasn't some stupid culture war thing. I'm sure someone will find ways that Mike Pondsmith isn't a perfect ally or whatever when the games comes out

Dorohedoro

I'm not sure what ResetEra you've been reading but CP2077 and CDPR currently have a target on their backs from the ultra woke crowd on there, they wanna ban discussion of the game. One guy was wondering what Mike Pondsmith has to say about CDPR's recent "bollocks". I imagine he'd be like "Y'all sensitive bitches stfu" if asked and it would probably break the forum due to the collective meltdown.

Why would some guy dying in America make the slightest difference to a game being made by Polish developers? Some people really believe that America = the world.

Bartski

Gold Member

some bans in that thread are hilarious.

also, isn't Cyberpunk the first RPG ever where you can create and play an actual transsexual character? And the game will most likely react to that?
Yet somehow it's portrayed as the most transphobic game ever, because CDPR refuses to make the game a tube for leftist ideology and because of two jokes on twitter. This is absolutely insane

Rikoi

also, isn't Cyberpunk the first RPG ever where you can create and play an actual transsexual character? And the game will most likely react to that?
I think it's because they came to the realization with the fact that the game isn't built like that because leftist friendly, but because of game mechanics which are disconnected from their politics.
It will be funny to see them implode when this game releases and sells millions of copies.

Dorohedoro

Yet somehow it's portrayed as the most transphobic game ever, because CDPR refuses to make the game a tube for leftist ideology and because of two jokes on twitter. This is absolutely insane
I think a lot of them are also raging because of a certain in-game ad. If they're this pissed at CP2077 then GTAVI threads are gonna be graveyards.

Faithless83

Banned
A not political Cyberpunk story? Worst thing I've heard about this gamd

Do they even understand their genre at all?
How self-centered do you have to be to accuse the team, who has the tabletop system creator overseeing the project, of not "understanding their genre"?

I guess I'll have to preorder the physical edition as well now.

GhostOfTsu

Banned

You couldn't be more wrong. Every thread about CDPR or CP2077 turns to shit there. They have so much rage about them, they twist all their words to paint them as the most evil company, full of "alt-right" and "GGers".

They are now doing the same thing with Ubisoft and lots of members are campaigning to ban all talk about their games. They demand Yves to resign asap.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
it is a shame they did not go back in time and radically restructure the game in response to a news event that occurred months ago in another country on the other side of the world.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's a polish game. Black people are not seen very often. (Older)Polish people are also kinda racist... Source I am polish and it can be annoying

Dacon

Banned
I say this as a black man, I don't ever want to fucking hear the words Black Lives Matter ever again.

The only politics that should matter in a games plot are those that pertain specifically to that games story and world.

Not shoehorned real world political drama.

Why do all of these cunts think we want to deal with the same crap we deal with in the real world in our FUCKING ESCAPISM?

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
Don't pretend you don't know the woke brigade will search like truffle hogs for "problematic" things in Cyberpunk 2077, guys. And they will find them, and it won't take them long, and they will gloat in it, and they will get their due apologies from CDPR.

Idk they never apologized for the "problematic" content in The Witcher 3 when the snowflakes started crying about it, did they?

Good. Why does the bullshit happening here in the U.S. have to affect the development of a game in another country? I just want to be entertained. I don't need the drama of the real world permeating things that are meant to entertain. I could just watch the news or go to twitter if I want to fill up on that stuff.

Dlacy13g

Thank you CD Project Red.... Growing tired of the constant SJW over reactions to things that are not sanitized to political correct accepted levels. Its OK to have some things not everyone will be comfortable with if they in fact exist in the game.

killatopak

Gold Member
That’s good.

Look whether the story has any bearing on the George Floyd issue is of no problem to me.

The problem I have is the last minute incorporation of story that may affect the whole picture. If they have a story to tell, I hope it’s not influenced by recent stuff cause it just muddies the whole picture.

anothertech

What are the woke AF ppl gon do when this gets game of the year and didn't give 2 shits about them?

Even worse, when they realize it's a good game??!...

Heads might explode this Christmas...

Woggleman

It is still day one for me but it is obvious they are trying to appeal to the segment of gamers who don't want no agenda in their games when in reality there will be plenty of socio political themes in the game. You could clearly see it in that first gameplay trailer.

whatup

It is still day one for me but it is obvious they are trying to appeal to the segment of gamers who don't want no agenda in their games when in reality there will be plenty of socio political themes in the game. You could clearly see it in that first gameplay trailer.

Cyberpunk is inherently "political," and pretty much everyone responsible for the genre from Philip K. Dick to William Gibson have been overt in their, generally quite liberal, intentions. But, buy all means, fuck those SJW's ammiright?!

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Cyberpunk is inherently "political," and pretty much everyone responsible for the genre from Philip K. Dick to William Gibson have been overt in their, generally quite liberal, intentions. But, buy all means, fuck those SJW's ammiright?!

It's obvious both of you wokes didn't read the thread at all and are just following whatever the other wokes are angry about like brainwashed NPCs.

Rikoi

Cyberpunk will be political in a sense of political fiction.
That doesn't mean they have to inject current US politics into the game because reasons.
You both are just choosing to not see the difference because you have to push your narrative, as usual.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Preorder cancelled. I refuse to play a game that doesnt at least spend the first hour on whatever is the current twitter outrage.

Shai-Tan

Banned

Except that “games are inherently political” like “ethics in game journalism” are slogans whose meaning is determined by what idiots online pour into it destroying any nuance that could be extracted from it.

Raven117

If you build it, they will come.

Just do your thing in a way that you know know how. It will all work out. Remember when GTAV was “problematic?” Yeah, it sold a gazillion copies. This will sell gangbusters for many of the same reasons, not the least of which, the game is fucking awesome.

Woggleman

Cyberpunk will be political in a sense of political fiction.
That doesn't mean they have to inject current US politics into the game because reasons.
You both are just choosing to not see the difference because you have to push your narrative, as usual.
But it will have parallels to the real world like most political fiction does.

I dunno. To me this game looks political in the way one could say the BioShock or Deus Ex games political. Not because of the antagonists view but because there's generally a message delivered by looking at the society and world of the game.

I was under the impression that this game was going to have a lot of depth about the world and why it is the way it is.

Top Bottom