• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 is EVERYTHING I Needed it to Be

It has become victim to both hype and the pedigree CDPR built with the Witcher games, sure it was probably way over hyped but I also really like it.

It would be neat with some mini games and other stuff to do beside jobs and gigs.

With some updates the coming months it will turn out to be pretty great I think.

It has become victim to both hype and the pedigree CDPR built with the Witcher games, sure it was probably way over hyped but I also really like it.

It would be neat with some mini games and other stuff to do beside jobs and gigs.

With some updates the coming months it will turn out to be pretty great I think.

it's good at literally all of the same things as the witcher 3...it is even designed the same way which shouldnt be a surprise to anyone who actually...knows their fucking games.

the problem is, because this game has guns and cars it is attracting a crowd that either hasn't played the witcher 3, or prefer something like skyrim over an RPG like the witcher 3.

so you have these fucked up articulations of what this game is supposed to be; people that dont have a clear reference point to understand or expect it to be designed like the witcher 3 because they havent played it, or people that have no affinity for the witcher 3 which means they dont value the things that this game, or the witcher 3 does well.

that is why you are seeing what you are seeing.

I agree with the OP. This game has blown me away but I am not the kind of person to be uncharitable or force a game to be what it isn’t. I don’t need the police to chase me or spend hours causing chaos like I do in GTA.

After the game opens up, the point where it just all clicked was just doing a side gig. Pulling up to a gig mission where I had to steal a vehicle from a warehouse, my skills were too low to get through the doors so I found a massive vehicle, pulled up beside the building, got onto the rooftop, dropped in through a sky window, stealthed the entire way through. Was so incredibly satisfying and that was just a ‘gig’.

I have a relatively high end PC which helps. To those on consoles I would recommend waiting.

Yeah the whole prologue part felt rushed, playing as a Nomad I thought there would be a long introduction where you do nomad stuff but nope, 30 minutes and you're in Night City already.

The game really picks up after Chapter 1 though.

I actually do completely agree with this. I picked nomad soley because I expected a more thorough beginning

see! a valid critique! one that actually isn't inconsistent with what the game actually is.

Ogbert

Yeah, the best way I can explain it is that in the Witcher 3 it was just much more relaxing running around looting stuff. I don’t quite get the same feeling here. Maybe it has to do with the setting.

It doesn’t have the sense of space that Witcher 3 had. Huge, windswept forests, open plains and distant mountain ranges. Everything feels like the awkward, too busy cities.

Funnily enough, the only place you do get that sensation is in the Badlands - an area I love.

It doesn’t have the sense of space that Witcher 3 had. Huge, windswept forests, open plains and distant mountain ranges. Everything feels like the awkward, too busy cities.

Funnily enough, the only place you do get that sensation is in the Badlands - an area I love.

lol well, it's a futuristic city...so im not getting...is this an actual complaint? lol

Ogbert

lol well, it's a futuristic city...so im not getting...is this an actual complaint? lol

No, not a complaint. Just an observation on why Cyberpunk doesn’t seem to be delivering the same exploration loop that Witcher 3 was able to.

In Witcher 3 it felt like discovery and adventure, here it feels like busywork.

CZY

People are overreacting over the glitches and stuff. The game is ambitious and rather complicated - and the glitches are a testament to that. I've encountered bugs here and there but all were manageable.

This game has more varied NPCs/fashion variety in the first 10 minutes than most games have spanning fucking trilogies.

Just had a look at the metacritic user score - and people are bombing it to the ground with 0s and 1s. It's a shame because it means other studios will be encouraged to play it safe and release the same ol' shit we've been getting the last decade.
This year’s Madden got review bombed hard, and to this day I have no idea what that shit was about. Sure Madden might be “same ol’ shit” tier, but if that deserves 0s and 1s I’ll eat my socks. Gamers are just fucking retarded and devs really shouldn’t even be listening to them.

This year’s Madden got review bombed hard, and to this day I have no idea what that shit was about. Sure Madden might be “same ol’ shit” tier, but if that deserves 0s and 1s I’ll eat my socks. Gamers are just fucking retarded and devs really shouldn’t even be listening to them.

Madden is blatant copy and paste. It deserved the 0s and 1s.

Last edited:
As far as the review thread goes, well, I only get like that when I run into someone as retarded as that neo member

you're doing the same thing in this thread, having a shitty argument making no points with another user about the same game.

clearly it's a "you" problem lol but thanks for remembering, i must've rustled your jimmies. ;)

you're doing the same thing in this thread, having a shitty argument making no points with another user about the same game.

clearly it's a "you" problem lol but thanks for remembering, i must've rustled your jimmies. ;)

Fuck out of here man. You weren't even on Act 2 when you were trying to dismiss my issues with this game. You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. Just another CDPR dick sucker

Last edited:

OrtizTwelve

I’ve been playing more and honestly this is a good game but above average at best.

It is definitely the most overhyped game of the decade. The fact that it launched borderline unplayable on last gen consoles is absurd considering what would they have done if there were no next gen consoles to at least offer a bit better performance. Now we know why they were prohibiting so many early review copies and controlling footage of the game apart from what they deemed acceptable.

Last gen console players got screwed.

There’s not much to do in the world, this isn’t as open as they make it seem. It’s not even close to the openness of grand theft auto v and there’s not a lot of character interaction with npcs on the streets like it was marketed to be.

This is a good entertaining game, but not deserving of a 9 or 10. Solid 7 — it’s good. That’s it. Anything else is just a bunch of nerds sucking the balls of the company because that’s what nerds do.

Last edited:
Fuck out of here man. You weren't even on Act 2 when you were trying to dismiss my issues with this game. You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. Just another CDPR dick sucker

you're issues with the game had nothing to do with content that would reveal itself later. in fact the further i played, the more your gripes made little sense.
for all i know you barely did any side content at all...and breezed through it. considering you only had 59 hrs on the witcher 3 lmao

plus we primarily talked about what made an RPG an RPG. and what made a "good one". little to do with act progression. nice try though. you're bad at arguing and Im glad others are seeing it.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
8 hours in before I got the title screen. About 20 hours in now and i'm really enjoying the game, while not running into many bugs besides a few audio glitches. Thumbs up from me so far.

Way overboard with the number of responses and the level of hostility in this thread. Stay chill.
the things we were arguing about, didn't even pertain to the acts...for all i know you barely did any side content at all...and breezed through it

we primarily talked about what made an RPG an RPG. and made a good one. nice try though.

You were stanning for a game you barely even touched.

Please fuck off and learn how to not be a fanboy

Ta

You were stanning for a game you barely even touched.

Please fuck off and learn how to not be a fanboy

Ta

I had 20 hours before act 2....meaning I spent more time with the other mechanisms of the game outside of just the main quest. which we already know is a strong point.

just as you hated on the witcher 3 with only 59 hrs lmao

once again nice try, barely even touched doesn't apply here.

Last edited:
I had 20 hours before act 2....meaning I spent more time with the other mechanisms of the game outside of just the main quest. which we already know is a strong point.

just as you hated on the witcher 3 with only 59 hrs lmao

once again nice try, barely even touched doesn't apply here.

I had nearly 3 times the amount of playtime in the game before you even reached act 2. You're not qualified to talk about it.

Also I don't hate Witcher 3 you donkey. You constantly just put bs in peoples words

Last edited:
I had nearly 3 times the amount of playtime in the game before you even reached act 2. You're not qualified to talk about it.

Also I don't hate Witcher 3 you donkey. You constantly just put bs in peoples words

you said the witcher 3 was a "chore" to get through and that skyrim was a better rpg lol

once again, everything we argued about had little to do with progression of the story itself. are you...fucking retarded or do you only know how to try to donald trump your way through arguments lol

I already diffused your ability to make that argument pre-emptively and you still made it. hilarious.

Last edited:
you said the witcher 3 was a "chore" to get through and that skyrim was a better rpg lol

once again, everything we argued about had little to do with progression of the story itself. are you...fucking retarded or do you only know how to try to donald trump your way through arguments lol

I already diffused your ability to make that argument pre-emptively and you still made it. hilarious.

Yes it was a chore because of the overreliance on witcher sense and janky combat. Still throughly enjoyed myself

And yes it's still a better RPG and the Witcher 3 is a better story game.

Yes it was a chore because of the overreliance on witcher sense and janky combat. Still throughly enjoyed myself

And yes it's still a better RPG and the Witcher 3 is a better story game.

lmao you said ALL of the quests were structured around the witcher sense. which is objectively false. I'll find the post if you wish.

clearly your playtime has no direct qualification of you articulating the game properly lol

so looks like you just lost your ability to use that argument anymore...oops.

you are terrible at debating. keep it coming though.

Last edited:
lmao you said ALL of the quests were structured around the witcher sense. which is objectively false. I'll find the post if you wish.

clearly your playtime has no direct qualification of you articulating the game properly lol

so looks like you just lost your ability to use that argument anymore...oops.

you are terrible at debating. keep it coming though.

Near enough every misson has you using that witcher sense

Phase

it's good at literally all of the same things as the witcher 3...it is even designed the same way which shouldnt be a surprise to anyone who actually...knows their fucking games.

the problem is, because this game has guns and cars it is attracting a crowd that either hasn't played the witcher 3, or prefer something like skyrim over an RPG like the witcher 3.

so you have these fucked up articulations of what this game is supposed to be; people that dont have a clear reference point to understand or expect it to be designed like the witcher 3 because they havent played it, or people that have no affinity for the witcher 3 which means they dont value the things that this game, or the witcher 3 does well.

that is why you are seeing what you are seeing.
I can tell the game's been severely overhyped, as watching gameplay doesn't blow me away in any respect. But I loved TW3 and I certainly won't be playing this like GTA. I like to be completely immersed in my games and play as if I was really there. I'm still going to wait until the next gen release though. Too many bugs and graphical issues for me. Honestly, I could probably wait a couple of years until I build a new pc to play lol.

Near enough every misson has you using that witcher sense

lol not even close, and creating a dishonest image of the game not having variety in it's quests is quite unbecoming, you know we all played it right? are you confident most here would agree with you that the witcher 3 didn't have varied creativity within it's quest ideas? shall we take a poll?

btw i had over 150 in the witcher 3, so I guess im more qualified to speak on it.

haha JK buddy im not that autistic that I would make such an argument, speak on it all you want ;)

lol not even close, and creating a dishonest image of the game not having variety in it's quests is quite unbecoming, you know we all played it right? are you confident most here would agree with you that the witcher 3 didn't have varied creativity within it's quest ideas? shall we take a poll?

btw i had over 150 in the witcher 3, so I guess im more qualified to speak on it.

haha JK buddy im not that autistic that I would make such an argument, speak on it all you want ;)

You listed the sucubbus quest as an example before

Witcher Sense > Reach Objective > Fight

Last edited:

You listed the sucubbus quest as an example before

sure a contract, and you didn't need to fight the succubus. I sure didn't. clearly you're a heartless killer smh. you had...you had a choice *sniff* you bastard.

so, wrong. no fight; and intriguing ending. and there are quite a few more quests than even the ones I listed, im sure you know.

Last edited:

Gandora64

Neo Member
Apart from the dump AI and how every one goes into combat state just because one lonely guy saw you, the game is filling my deus ex void and whenever im driving near "city center" i feel like im in "bladerunner"

Really taking my time with the game, honestly, i don't want to see the credits.

MiguelItUp

That's good that it is, it is for me too! I'm fucking LOVING my time with it. That being said, there are others that don't feel that way, and that's fine! If it's because of the bugs, hopefully they give it another shot down the road. If not, welp, their loss IMO. 🤷🏻‍♂️

They can stay in their lane, and we'll stay in ours. 👌🏻

I've always tried to be open-minded about that sort of thing. Especially when it's about something I personally don't understand being stanned to such a severe degree. Those TLOU2 threads come to mind, lmao. That wasn't even a game I hate or thought was awful, just thought it was fine! Yet I was talked to like I bad mouthed their new born child.

Also the godling quest you listed

I like how you were wrong about the succubus quest, and you moved on lol your donald trump argument style is crazy fam.

and no friend, I asked what about these quests? for example, were they just witcher sense, then fight? and you said to me ALL the quests used that structure. that's when i laughed at you. because that isn't true.

and that remains not true, even if the godling quest uses it lol thats just me mistaking a quest that uses it for probably the 3 witches questline or something.

Last edited:
I like how you were wrong about the succubus quest, and you moved on lol your donald trump argument style is crazy fam.

and no friend, I asked what about these quests? for example, were they just witcher sense, then fight? and you said to me ALL the quests used that structure. that's when i laughed at you. because that isn't true.

and that remains not true, even if the godling quest uses it lol

Mate these are your examples and they make use of the typical start mission > use Witcher sense > reach objecive contrary to what you thought

And no I said it overuses it. I never once said every quest in the game uses that template. There are obviously some exceptions. That's just you making shit up as usual

The Bloody Baron quest line is also filled with moments like that.

Last edited:

Rikkori

Choices matter? lol. Ask me how I know you're just starting out. And for the record I agree with a lot of what you're saying - eg I also feel like they nailed the gunplay & melee aspects in a big way in terms of fun & overall.

Believe me, this game's been my most anticipated since it got announced basically, and I'd still say I'm a fanboy, but there's no way I can look at the open world elements and say it's even average, and sadly the story part also is not that great with most missions feeling like they're all done by different people and the glued together but mostly just feeling like it's all too short! It's like there's another 2 games worth of story missions missing. And no, the side-missions don't make up for it, they're also all way too short and ad-hoc, the only one I felt was more appropriate in terms of overall length & pacing was the storyline with Ward.

Sure, art-wise we can call it a triumph, just the sheer amount of art & the quality of it, is probably the best out there & the graphics helps too as they're top class. They've built maybe the first real video game city, and it's fantastic to go through. But besides that? The actual game part of it is severely lacking. I do think some places on the internet went totally psycho in terms of negativity ( eg /r/cyberpunkgame) but at the same time it's hard not to look at the game and say - yeah, you know what, there's a lot of flaws here & a lot missing. Are there moments of brilliance too? Sure, who could deny it. But this is not one of the "Greats" sadly.

Fundamentally they needed to work on this game a few more years imo. There's just not enough to it right now & that's not likely to change before they get to work on The Witcher 4 or w/e, whenever that is - we'll see how many people they put on the MP CP2077 one too.

Nymphae

Banned
The high end PC stuff looks absolutely amazing, but I watch footage of the base last Gen systems and even the next Gen systems, and it simply doesn't look impressive at all, ridiculously sparse crowds and roads on top of the graphical downgrade almost entirely destroy the ambiance and it just looks generic as fuck.

Edit: some of the next Gen Xbox actually looked passable from what I watched of the DF footage. The crowds were a little better but on ps4 and ps5 its a wasteland.

Last edited:
This game is FUCKING AMAZING when it works.

I'm playing on PS4 Pro and I still get issues with performance and game breaking bugs like conversation prompts not showing up and in time so sometimes the game auto-decides for me when there is a time limit.

But when it's going, oh boy, this game comes alive. The soundtrack, combat, weapons, hacking, stealth, everything is like a mix of popular games. The hacking gives me that Watch Dogs vibe.

My expectations were very low going into it, and I still came away disappointed. I don't like The Witcher 3. I don't like first person games. I don't like GTA and never bought GTA V. I do like sci-fi and cyberpunk though.

Basically all I was expecting was great art design, decent music, decent story. I never expected good gameplay, and it's probably going to be reliant on a mini-map and going from A to B all day.

If the writing is pretty good, then that's a plus for me. I have a PS5 though and still don't want to play this because the only other thing I was even looking forward to was the art style, and it's hidden currently behind poor image quality and a total lack of next gen lighting or ray tracing.

So maybe in several months I'll get to enjoy the graphics, and see if the writing is decent. That's about all I'm expecting. I played the intro to Street Kid for like 30 minutes and it looked awful on PS5, and then I sat in a car some NPC drove around, doing nothing while looking at completely empty streets.

I would def wait for next-gen patch like you said, then.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an "open world action adventure story" and the game ultimately falls flat on the open world aspect. They ultimately said they wanted to be the next rockstar, but they should focus on beating ubisoft open worlds first.

What Ubisoft open worlds do you prefer?

While it’s still enjoyable, it’s also pretty disappointing, other than the atmosphere and visuals , other aspects is just ok, AI, level level design is actually worse than deus ex. Story is pretty linear for the most part as well. Open world AI is also way worse than GTA. If it takes them 5.5 years just to make this, perhaps they should just learn Ubisoft’s way of assembly line open world production, at least I get to play a trilogy within 6 years. I’m not waiting another 5.5 years for a game with little 0 breakthrough in gameplay experience. If development takes that long, there better be very diverse and reactive AI to various players actions, destruction physics gotta be much dynamic and the story narrative better be a lot more diverse and open than this, otherwise I don’t see why it can’t be done in Ubisoft’s way, just pump them out quicker so I at least have more games to play.

This post made me sick. I do not understand this viewpoint at all. I wish I enjoyed Ubi's games as much as you guys apparently do.

Is everyone just gonna ignore how abysmal the AI is in this game? Yeah? Okay..

The NPC AI? Yes.

It's okay because "it's an RPG."

... yeah, sort of? The point of mentioning it being an RPG is because the challenge of an RPG often doesn't come from AI, if the game still presents a challenge that's fun then it's not as big a deal the AI has problems for me.

It's honestly not. On top of my head, the Deus Ex games are something special in terms of what you mentioned. Planescape Torment is another one. Age of Decadence, Tyranny, Underrail are some more.

This is what I mean, though, Deus Ex is the closest you came to a game that's like this at all and even then there's so much you're sacrificing from this experience to get the "better" Deus Ex experience (and honestly there's only 2 Deus Ex games that are worth mentioning in the same breath as this game). The other games I have no doubt are great, I enjoyed Tyranny a good deal of those games, for instance but it's not giving me what this game is. I get that for some people the combination of genres isn't that important with this game, they came for one type of experience and for them X other game did that better but I thought I made it clear I love this game so much because of the things it combines.

Whatever makes you feel like your purchase was justified.

I've seen loads of posts by PC players and PS5 players saying the game is in dog shit condition.

Anybody with sense knew to wait. Fact is that CDPR have done irreparable damage to their reputation and this is release is a stain on them.

I have to wonder how many people said the same thing about their reputation after the Witcher III launch or Bethesda after... well... any launch they've had, yet still ravenously await Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI. I'm sure this is a victory for people on gaming forums who love complaining about everything but I doubt it has much real world impact.

Skyrim was my favorite game ever at the time, despite its issues. I love the fact NPC's all had a job, all lived in their towns & most of them (except children because we're not psychos, right?) could get murdered by dragons spawning in the town once the player character becomes dragonborn. It really was an attempt to create an immersive world. Witcher 3 didn't have that. They were all just empty people without names or purpose. So I was personally (despite the fact I also love Witcher 3) not exactly on board with anyone who said Witcher 3 crapped all over Skyrim. Both games has their strengths & I enjoyed both for what they were... but both also had issues.

So I'd say the part I'm absolutely most disappointed with Cyberpunk so far (I don't have the game but I've seen it in motion) is the lack of interaction with the NPC world. It's (from clips) just window dressing. I hated GTA 5 because it's one of the most shallow, pointless experiences out there where the player cannot ever influence the world around him. So when I see how the AI in Cyberpunk cannot turn their cars around a parked player car, or how the cops spawn magically just to shoot the player, I say no thanks. I've often been a proponent of games with different worlds separated by loading screens (even Witcher 3 did this) & I believe Cyberpunk could have benefitted from scaling back the "open world" aspect & focusing on their strong points, i.e. making an RPG shooter with story choices & a kick-ass cyberpunk artstyle.

For example I still love Deus Ex Human Revolution with its hub levels (packed with different routes & distinct artstyles). I don't need one giant GTA 5-esque open world to make it great. It's just sad (at least from my point of view) that so much great stuff in Cyberpunk is ruined (yep, ruined) by a total lack of focus on what works, what doesn't & toning down the scope to make sure what they do deliver is 100% top-notch.

Psychos or not I'm sick of not letting us kill children, it's immersion breaking. I wouldn't say Witcher III crapped all over Skyrim either, clearly they had different strengths, as you say.

All the stuff that upsets you about Cyberpunk is so ancillary to the core experience for me and most people who love it. Play the game for the immersion in a great city, the atmosphere, the story, the characters, the dialogue, the combat, the meaningful systems of progression, crafting and loot but for emergent open world gameplay? No, but the fact is the game is crammed with scenarios tailored by the creators to be entertaining.

So, that's the thing, Deus Ex Human Revolution felt so limited and less immersive for me because of its size. It was also a game I felt done with after 30 hours, I prefer RPGs I can get lost in for hundreds of hours.

Its a good solid game for sure, and anyone saying otherwise is wrong, but at the same time its certainly not 'Welcome to the next generation of open world games' like it was advertized as.
For me the bugs are too much. Some people say they havent noticed too many, but i have had to reload saves 8 or 9 times from stuff like getting stuck on scenary and not being able to move, or simply stuff not triggering, but it will trigger after a reload.
Also what they did in regards to zero base console footage being shown, or allowed to be shown, and reviewers locked out of the console version, well its just a very scummy thing to do imo.

Its a fun and pretty deep open world game, with amazing graphics on PC. I just expected more after the hype.

I remember them showing base console footage, though?

Fuck what you need.

Cyberpunk fanboys are already worse than TLOU2 fanboys, and this shit just released. Your experience isn't everyone's, so stop being a bitch about it. It's a mess that doesn't even work for some people. The 0s and 1s are earned. You wouldn't complain about Madden or 2K getting 0s and 1s for being inoperable.

I can tell you didn't actually read my post, kindly fuck off into another thread.

Then when the lackluster RPG elements are pointed out

“STOP WHINING! ITS MORE OF AN ACTION GAME LIKE GTA!!”

Are the RPG elements lackluster to you? They aren't for me.

Timestamp

Zero respect for someone who calls a game bad simply because of glitches, glitches he then admits other people can't even tell are happening while playing because of how inconsequential to game enjoyment they often are. I wouldn't tell anyone they're wrong if a glitch ruined something for them and they shouldn't be upset and he shouldn't tell people they're wrong to not notice glitches and NOT be upset, it's silly. I do expect a critic to be more professional and judge a game on more criteria than just the aspects that will eventually be patched.

I’ve been playing more and honestly this is a good game but above average at best.

It is definitely the most overhyped game of the decade. The fact that it launched borderline unplayable on last gen consoles is absurd considering what would they have done if there were no next gen consoles to at least offer a bit better performance. Now we know why they were prohibiting so many early review copies and controlling footage of the game apart from what they deemed acceptable.

Last gen console players got screwed.

There’s not much to do in the world, this isn’t as open as they make it seem. It’s not even close to the openness of grand theft auto v and there’s not a lot of character interaction with npcs on the streets like it was marketed to be.

This is a good entertaining game, but not deserving of a 9 or 10. Solid 7 — it’s good. That’s it. Anything else is just a bunch of nerds sucking the balls of the company because that’s what nerds do.

I'm not sure what you mean about the openness of the world.

It's a 9 or 10, anything less is just nerds getting upset about minutiae, it's what nerds do.

Choices matter? lol. Ask me how I know you're just starting out. And for the record I agree with a lot of what you're saying - eg I also feel like they nailed the gunplay & melee aspects in a big way in terms of fun & overall.

Believe me, this game's been my most anticipated since it got announced basically, and I'd still say I'm a fanboy, but there's no way I can look at the open world elements and say it's even average, and sadly the story part also is not that great with most missions feeling like they're all done by different people and the glued together but mostly just feeling like it's all too short! It's like there's another 2 games worth of story missions missing. And no, the side-missions don't make up for it, they're also all way too short and ad-hoc, the only one I felt was more appropriate in terms of overall length & pacing was the storyline with Ward.

Sure, art-wise we can call it a triumph, just the sheer amount of art & the quality of it, is probably the best out there & the graphics helps too as they're top class. They've built maybe the first real video game city, and it's fantastic to go through. But besides that? The actual game part of it is severely lacking. I do think some places on the internet went totally psycho in terms of negativity ( eg /r/cyberpunkgame) but at the same time it's hard not to look at the game and say - yeah, you know what, there's a lot of flaws here & a lot missing. Are there moments of brilliance too? Sure, who could deny it. But this is not one of the "Greats" sadly.

Fundamentally they needed to work on this game a few more years imo. There's just not enough to it right now & that's not likely to change before they get to work on The Witcher 4 or w/e, whenever that is - we'll see how many people they put on the MP CP2077 one too.

Surprised by your comments on the choices and side quests. It's not reflective of my experience. Though I've done stuff like done a mission one way and then watched how my brother did the same mission as he's playing it on One X, if you haven't seen the different ways things can go you might assume things were always going to happen the way they did, the game has a good quality of making it feel like the way things turned out was how they were meant to, even if it was one of several outcomes. I saw someone in another thread talking about how a particular mission they did felt like it was designed to make it easy for them to hit their outcome because of how "right" it felt, but it was totally different from how it turned out for me and mine felt right because it felt like a big set of scripted set-pieces with it's own mini-ending and epilogue to it. Game is going to need time to be appreciated for all that it's doing... but it'll happen.

Lol. Weirdly enough I have not yet come across any issues like this in my playthrough.

Releasing on PS4/XB1 was a mistake but I also have no sympathy for anyone who expected a good experience on those console.
That's because the developers deliberately withheld any console footage until the game's release. Only showing off PC footage. People who are not as informed as us forum goers will expect the game to look similar to what was shown running on the PC.

Why do people defend CDPR for deliberately misleading people by withholding all console footage until the game's release? I really don't understand that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom