• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 hotfix 1.06 hopefully fixes all future save corruption issues and most console crashes

oldergamer

Retarded devs with their game sized patches. Is this not the third 15GB Patch they release in 2 weeks?

giphy.gif
4th patch. hey they have fixed a lot. I'm ok with it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Still going to be instantly LOST FOREVER when Google decides it's done with another experiment.
i wanted to try it on Stadia but knowing Google are highly likely to pull the plug just puts me right off touching Stadia. if it was a subscription like GeForce Now I wouldn't mind

VivaR3V

Neo Member
Still going to be instantly LOST FOREVER when Google decides it's done with another experiment.

Incidentally, we have a political commentator who works for ITV here in the UK whose only differentiating trait to separate him from other correspondents is to EMPHASISE the occasional WORD. It’s rather funny and you really must SEARCH him out and enjoy the way he just RANDOMLY shouts a word every few SECONDS.

In other news, particularly Google Stadia related, I somehow doubt that with all of the investment and launching in other territories, that they have any reason to do as you suggest. I think the much more logical reasoning would be to look at the positives, that their tech is much more advanced than anything Microsoft or Amazon currently have and that it actuality just works, providing a good service for those who are not necessarily stuck one foot in the past.

I am not suggesting for one moment that you are stuck in the past, as quite clearly you have such a good view of the future and know how it’s going to play out “because”. But up until then, how about the people that are enjoying their 0 size patches, ability to play on their phones, iPads, computers and whatever else do so, and you enjoy the system of your choice. There’s nothing wrong with having a closed mind, what would a discord of any sort be without people who believe there’s only one way to do something.

VivaR3V

Neo Member
i wanted to try it on Stadia but knowing Google are highly likely to pull the plug just puts me right off touching Stadia. if it was a subscription like GeForce Now I wouldn't mind

You sound as though you perpetually live in fear of things? If this is so, then I totally can understand why you would worry about such things, but generally speaking from someone who has the new generation of consoles, stadia and a number of other bits and bobs, I am somehow enjoying the ease of use right here and now.

I have a female friend who worries about Korea and the impending doom it will one day cause on our way of life. Strangely, I put this all down to the fact she was put into foster care when younger. Korea was never the problem, it affects no part of her life other than to have something she needs to worry about. By all means you can worry about Google, but many are really having a good time with it.

Perhaps you should just try it out for yourself, see what it is really like, rather than letting a group of people influence you?

VivaR3V

Neo Member
Stadia is like.. 20GB per hour to stream 4k lol

(don't have to wait for patches, but.. if data size is your concern, lol)

My next door neighbour is on a water metre and I am on unlimited water. I can use as much or as little as I wish, but have no need to count every cup full. Stadia for most people outside of America is like that, having unlimited means you don’t need to worry about any GB. But I do know it’s different in American for many, which is indeed a problem.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
My next door neighbour is on a water metre and I am on unlimited water. I can use as much or as little as I wish, but have no need to count every cup full. Stadia for most people outside of America is like that, having unlimited means you don’t need to worry about any GB. But I do know it’s different in American for many, which is indeed a problem.
For sure; I have unlimited gigabit here in the US.

Still funny for someone to point out 0gb download size for a service that is constantly using data lol

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
You sound as though you perpetually live in fear of things? If this is so, then I totally can understand why you would worry about such things, but generally speaking from someone who has the new generation of consoles, stadia and a number of other bits and bobs, I am somehow enjoying the ease of use right here and now.

I have a female friend who worries about Korea and the impending doom it will one day cause on our way of life. Strangely, I put this all down to the fact she was put into foster care when younger. Korea was never the problem, it affects no part of her life other than to have something she needs to worry about. By all means you can worry about Google, but many are really having a good time with it.

Perhaps you should just try it out for yourself, see what it is really like, rather than letting a group of people influence you?
hahahaha lol no.

i'm all for streaming. i've even defended stadia. i'm just not gonna invest money in a platform from a company that is known to kill off products. if it were a subscription based service where you had access to all the games i'd be using Stadia (and yes i have actually tried it). if people are using it and enjoying themselves then good on them. i'm just not doing it. i ain't letting anyone influence me. spout whatever shit you want.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
hahahaha lol no.

i'm all for streaming. i've even defended stadia. i'm just not gonna invest money in a platform from a company that is known to kill off products. if it were a subscription based service where you had access to all the games i'd be using Stadia (and yes i have actually tried it). if people are using it and enjoying themselves then good on them. i'm just not doing it. i ain't letting anyone influence me. spout whatever shit you want.
I agree, Stadia's tech has a lot of potential but they have not figured out the business model yet. At all.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I agree, Stadia's tech has a lot of potential but they have not figured out the business model yet. At all.
exactly. for example, i have no problem using GeForce Now/PS Now. i'm just not paying £50-60 a game to build up an entire library when the likelyhood is that i will lose access to it sooner rather than later. you could argue that the same is for any digital platform be it Playstation, Xbox, Steam, Nintendo but they've been around for years/decades. shit, i've spent hundreds if not thousands on my digital Playstation/Steam games but what are the chances that Sony, within the next 2-3 years, comes out and says "Right, that's it! We're killing off Playstation and you will lose access to every game you ever bought" ???. Stadia has only been around for just over a year. it doesn't quite inspire confidence to sink money into it.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Finishing the NCPD missions in the Badlands, the game is crashing A LOT since 1.06.
Those updates keep breaking the game for me as I've done 35 hours with day one patch with no crash, and then it keeps getting worse as update are released (performance are better though)

Edit:
So I verified the games files with Steam and 2 files were broken it seems, downloading 7.5gb now:
unknown.png

Last edited:

VivaR3V

Neo Member
exactly. for example, i have no problem using GeForce Now/PS Now. i'm just not paying £50-60 a game to build up an entire library when the likelyhood is that i will lose access to it sooner rather than later. you could argue that the same is for any digital platform be it Playstation, Xbox, Steam, Nintendo but they've been around for years/decades. shit, i've spent hundreds if not thousands on my digital Playstation/Steam games but what are the chances that Sony, within the next 2-3 years, comes out and says "Right, that's it! We're killing off Playstation and you will lose access to every game you ever bought" ???. Stadia has only been around for just over a year. it doesn't quite inspire confidence to sink money into it.

This thinking you have is very interesting and I can see it’s typical of people who use the argument you use. It seems the crux of your thought process is “confidence“ or the lack of if because of this fixed view you hold of the “Google graveyard“?

I would ask you to think a little more logical about this and if you truly believe that Google would just take something away from you without compensating in some way? Could it not be that you will have access to your media for as long as you wish to, or find some other means that would actually be positive rather than this view you have of negativity?

The more logical thought would be that Google have every intention of having a platform that developers will wish to put their content because it gets into the hands of people around the world.

I love Little Big Planet 1 & 2 but I cannot play either on PlayStation 4 or 5 and that is a digital copy for the latter.

I think there is far too much scaremongering and not very well thought out arguments on this, just being used as a means to say something negative about a platform those actually fear, rather than embrace.

Zog

Banned
Lol If they are working during Christmas holiday then they fucking deserve it
2 things:

They got the bonuses whether they worked during the Christmas Holiday or not. Also, they only need to patch this so quickly because they launched it broken.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
This thinking you have is very interesting and I can see it’s typical of people who use the argument you use. It seems the crux of your thought process is “confidence“ or the lack of if because of this fixed view you hold of the “Google graveyard“?

I would ask you to think a little more logical about this and if you truly believe that Google would just take something away from you without compensating in some way? Could it not be that you will have access to your media for as long as you wish to, or find some other means that would actually be positive rather than this view you have of negativity?

The more logical thought would be that Google have every intention of having a platform that developers will wish to put their content because it gets into the hands of people around the world.

I love Little Big Planet 1 & 2 but I cannot play either on PlayStation 4 or 5 and that is a digital copy for the latter.

I think there is far too much scaremongering and not very well thought out arguments on this, just being used as a means to say something negative about a platform those actually fear, rather than embrace.
ignored.

RyRy93

Finishing the NCPD missions in the Badlands, the game is crashing A LOT since 1.06.
Those updates keep breaking the game for me as I've done 35 hours with day one patch with no crash, and then it keeps getting worse as update are released (performance are better though)
1.05 was like that for me, shit is getting worse with every patch on console. Still buggy but it's a different game on Stadia.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
There's a huge potential for multiplayer and social games that is just untapped too. Like if they could make a fortnite-level free-to-play multiplayer game that leveraged the cloud features, where you could watch someone stream and then right from youtube just hop into a game? It would huge. But they're just stuck in Old Guard thinking.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Well all was going well but it just crashed my computer. Not to desktop, the PC rebooted. And T-posing in a vehicle is still a thing... Long way ahead of them, for sure. And that's on PC...

Amey

After 1.06 my last 2 Cyberpsycho quests are still stuck. One of them isn't even showing anywhere on map or journal. And the Bloody Ritual one is missing the trigger for psycho to appear.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
After 1.06 my last 2 Cyberpsycho quests are still stuck. One of them isn't even showing anywhere on map or journal. And the Bloody Ritual one is missing the trigger for psycho to appear.

Damn. 1.04 fixed Bloody Ritual for me. It's the only bugged quest I've encountered so far and seems like a common one.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The further you progress, the more frequent the crashes become. My total play time is at around 30 hours, and I feel I have experienced 3 crashes in the last 10 hours, one today.
I am playing on Series X.
Also, I am stuck on performance mode, I cannot switch to quality mode. I prefer performance, but this game is the buggiest I remember playing. Still incredibly fun though.

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Still a crashing bitch 🤣 still love the game though...

Down to two crashes in in 2h new alll time low with 1.06...

Last edited:
I played the game for 5 6 hours on its release on series x without any issue , my friend who also has a series x messaged me after this patch and asked me to see if my game crashes if you drive your car in full speed in city area and volla first try and it crashed me back to my dashboard
Really Good job on these patches

Hugare

Performance is a mess, but I havent experienced one single crash yet on Base PS4 after 20h

Seems to be totally random what triggers these crashes

We need a crash test on consoles from the same channel. That is what the 1.6 hot fix supposedly fixed.
He said in the coments that he hasnt experienced any crashes during tests

Might want to consider giving this guy a subscribe and a like. He's putting in serious work when everybody else is taking off.
He really deserves it. I've subscribed to his chanel because holly crap, doing tests for 7 different consoles everytime a new patch released must be a pain in the ass

Spaceman292

Banned
Incidentally, we have a political commentator who works for ITV here in the UK whose only differentiating trait to separate him from other correspondents is to EMPHASISE the occasional WORD. It’s rather funny and you really must SEARCH him out and enjoy the way he just RANDOMLY shouts a word every few SECONDS.

In other news, particularly Google Stadia related, I somehow doubt that with all of the investment and launching in other territories, that they have any reason to do as you suggest. I think the much more logical reasoning would be to look at the positives, that their tech is much more advanced than anything Microsoft or Amazon currently have and that it actuality just works, providing a good service for those who are not necessarily stuck one foot in the past.

I am not suggesting for one moment that you are stuck in the past, as quite clearly you have such a good view of the future and know how it’s going to play out “because”. But up until then, how about the people that are enjoying their 0 size patches, ability to play on their phones, iPads, computers and whatever else do so, and you enjoy the system of your choice. There’s nothing wrong with having a closed mind, what would a discord of any sort be without people who believe there’s only one way to do something.
Do you work for google?

Top Bottom