• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 hotfix 1.06 hopefully fixes all future save corruption issues and most console crashes

hemo memo

Gold Member
Well naturally, they have MILLIONS of beta testers now to report all the problems to them.

I send every crash report to Sony with the attached screen shot and video on PS5. Yes every crash just so they know how fucking awful the performance is.

also hopefully console owners arent crashing as much now!

No. OP simply can’t read. It still crash every hour and even IF they managed to make it a crash every 5 hours that would still be fucking terrible.

January patch is the only hope for the game on consoles to at least run like a normal open world game or more accurately out of early access.

Rayderism

Yeah, I reported every crash too on my PS4 Pro. I even left data analytics on with the thought that it would help them resolve problems, and left that on with the PC version too for the same reason.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Fixes are coming in fast, as expected from CDPR.
Always trusted that they will make this improve this. Yeah they shouldve delayed but its ok, soon the game will be as it was intended and this fiasco would be behind us. Maybe a redemption arc like No Man's sky? Hopefully.

Crash
First impressions on base PS4 after 30 minutes of walking, driving on both motorcycle and cars..

I feel the LOD and popping have got a massive improvement here. The city now seems to run coherently overall. It doesn't longer feel like a city that is loading all the time as before and like if everything that is far than 10 meters around your point is struggling to load. The only problem I'm still noticing is with random ads taking quite a while to load properly, from PS1 resolution to low texture PS4 resolution; sometimes they load when you look elsewhere and then look back at them, sometimes viceversa, the advertising is fully loaded and surprise!! It has gone back to the PS1 resolution.

Moreover, there is something odd now with the draw distance after this new 1.06 version on PS4. Did they just add some sort of permanent mist around the city?? I need someone to confirm me this to see if I'm not the only one noticing this. I attempted skipping 24 hours three times, and the mist was still there. It doesn't look bad at all though, it gives a certain level of ambient to the city, like a real city of the future with pollution everywhere, and no just a clean summer city like before; but I think they've done this fully on purpose to save up performance.

Another thing I noticed. There are more NPCs walking and more traffic without a single onze of doubt, in both at night and in the day time. Maybe PS4 version now has the same density of NPCs as the Xbox One version?

Performance wise. IQ seems cleaner, but that might just be me (maybe new TAA solution??), and framerate seems quite improved in certain areas, but it's still a bit far away from being 30 FPS stable. However,with the actual pace they are going with releasing constant patches, I'm pretty sure that sooner or later CDPR will manage to make very acceptable experience all around. Maybe with the big January update??

More after 3 hours playthrough on base PS4.

The thing about the fog or mist, forget about that. I'm pretty sure now that was related to a dynamic weather effect I have not seen till now.

I can absolutely confirm the NPCs and traffic density being more present, the LOD, popping improvement, or well...the streaming of all the world information in general (?); I'm not really that savvy to refer to the proper term of what I'm trying to explain here. The game is running like a beast in term of putting many stuff on screen fully loaded and happening at the same time. Yes, there is still popping here and there, but minor stuff from afar and some NPCs (which seems to happen even on PC). For example, one of the areas in Santo Domingo district, where there are many garbages around the area, you could see from a certain distance how the garbages level of detail never was fully loaded till you got too close; that no longer happens after the newest patch.

Framerate seems a bit improved for me, but I just had combats in generally stable areas. The patch also seems to have reduced the stuttering issue, but it seem to keep happening when you are moving from one big area to another. I think that stuttering is there on purpose; one second where the game pauses to 0 framerate when you are moving to other big areas...

Corpo Plaza, certain areas around the city center, North of JapanTown, South area of Watson are the areas where you encounter framerate problems. Basically all the areas where you are surrounded by taller buildings. Meanwhile, Santo Domingo, Pacifica, most part of Heywood, and Badlands in general run acceptable.

So far, as how the game is performing right now on PS4, I would say it is almost acceptable enough to get is back on PS Store. And I say "almost acceptable" because the crashes are still happening, even if they are less frequent than before, they need to fully address the crashes issue before putting it back onto the play store.

Hugare

Crash

The thing about the fog or mist, forget about that. I'm pretty sure now that was related to a dynamic weather effect I have not seen till now.

I can absolutely confirm the NPCs and traffic density being more present, the LOD, popping improvement, or well...the streaming of all the world information in general (?); I'm not really that savvy to refer to the proper term of what I'm trying to explain here. The game is running like a beast in term of putting many stuff on screen fully loaded and happening at the same time. Yes, there is still popping here and there, but minor stuff from afar and some NPCs (which seems to happen even on PC). For example, one of the areas in Santo Domingo district, where there are many garbages around the area, you could see from a certain distance how the garbages level of detail never was fully loaded till you got too close; that no longer happens after the newest patch.

Framerate seems a bit improved for me, but I just had combats in generally stable areas. The patch also seems to have reduced the stuttering issue, but it seem to keep happening when you are moving from one big area to another. I think that stuttering is there on purpose; one second where the game pauses to 0 framerate when you are moving to other big areas...

Corpo Plaza, certain areas around the city center, North of JapanTown, South area of Watson are the areas where you encounter framerate problems. Basically all the areas where you are surrounded by taller buildings. Meanwhile, Santo Domingo, Pacifica, most part of Heywood, and Badlands in general run acceptable.

So far, as how the game is performing right now on PS4, I would say it is almost acceptable enough to get is back on PS Store. And I say "almost acceptable" because the crashes are still happening, even if they are less frequent than before, they need to fully address the crashes issue before putting it back onto the play store.
I'm sorry for being a downer man, but it seems to be placebo

After playing for a good while on my PS4, popin is just as bad as it ever was.

Try driving for a bit and then stop for a few seconds. Than see the world loading around you (especially lighting).

It took me more than 15 seconds to load the gemoetry/lighting in the downtowna rea after stoping my car for a bit.

And it doesnt seem to be exclusive to my PS4. Watch some patch analysis on Youtube and you will see.

During the night its even more noticeable, due to street lights and all that. It's only a little better than before, but really, only a little.

Performance is just like 1.05. Again, watch some comparisons on Youtube.

But yeah, the game looks good on the base PS4 right now after the resolution bump from 1.04

All that it really needs is to solve the popin, and hopefuly, some of the performance problems.

Night and day difference visually from launch

Last edited:
I'm sorry for being a downer man, but it seems to be placebo

After playing for a good while on my PS4, popin is just as bad as it ever was.

Try driving for a bit and then stop for a few seconds. Than see the world loading around you (especially lighting).

It took me more than 15 seconds to load the gemoetry/lighting in the downtowna rea after stoping my car for a bit.

And it doesnt seem to be exclusive to my PS4. Watch some patch analysis on Youtube and you will see.

During the night its even more noticeable, due to street lights and all that. It's only a little better than before, but really, only a little.

Performance is just like 1.05. Again, watch some comparisons on Youtube.

But yeah, the game looks good on the base PS4 right now after the resolution bump from 1.04

All that it really needs is to solve the popin, and hopefuly, some of the performance problems.

Night and day difference visually from launch

It is not placebo. It is highly noticeable after playing for over 50 hours and seeing every detail closely. The world on 1.06 runs more seamless. You can notice all the elements in place mostly and from far distance. Popping is totally expected in certain areas though, especially when you are moving fast, even PC struggle with popping and LOD with this game, in same areas, but it is nowhere as dramatic as the shit I was seeing with the day one patch and subsequent patches before this one. I don't expect any more solution regarding popping on PS4, what we are seeing is what it is.

I do agree the game IQ has improved a lot too. I think they did something else besides bumping the resolution, something with the AA solution or else..

hemo memo

Gold Member
Crash

They’ll put it back after the January patch which should resolve the crashing issues hopefully.

oldergamer

I did notice one issue. There was a texture following me around in the game. Its a little hard to explain but it seemed to be under every surface to make things look wet/shiney.

Performance in this patch seemed better. Still only had one crash on xbox in 53 hrs

Heartkiller

So I've been playing on PS4 Pro (from an SSD) and I haven't had a single crash but I'm only 4-5 hours into the game. Do the crashes start happening after the game opens up more or am I just getting lucky?

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
The rate and speed of iteration and patch releases means they did not need to ‘let it cook’ for 6 more months. They were 2-4 weeks away from patching majority of Day 1 issues. The good thing is people that get the game for Christmas will have a much better experience.

Gloomnivore

Sony still hasn’t refunded me. Two patches later they’re not going to, are they? I expect to get an eventual ‘it’s fixed’ response in January.

It doesn’t matter massively on a personal level, I’ll go back to it after the next gen upgrade now but it just feels like another case of consumers being lied to. CDPR said we could get a refund. Sony said we could get a refund. In public. After admitting that the game wasn’t fit for release and delisting it. But I still don’t expect to get a refund now.

MadYarpen

FWIW, on PC it stopped to crash for me after 1.05. 1.06 didn't change this. I think it runs a little smoother now. I have 6 core CPU so I guess I don't need to bother with the hex edit now.

FWIW, on PC it stopped to crash for me after 1.05. 1.06 didn't change this. I think it runs a little smoother now. I have 6 core CPU so I guess I don't need to bother with the hex edit now.

Sorry, quick question, how do you check how many cores your CPU is using?

I'm not familiar with the how on that regard.

Xeaker

Retarded devs with their game sized patches. Is this not the third 15GB Patch they release in 2 weeks?

giphy.gif

MadYarpen

Sorry, quick question, how do you check how many cores your CPU is using?

I'm not familiar with the how on that regard.
Well I know I have 6-core, I also run the game with fps monitor sometimes to see the CPU utilization. Plus there is a tool in the task manager.

Retarded devs with their game sized patches. Is this not the third 15GB Patch they release in 2 weeks?

giphy.gif
they need to overwrite files not make changes in them, that's why patches are so big. Its the same with many games...

sinnergy

Well I know I have 6-core, I also run the game with fps monitor sometimes to see the CPU utilization. Plus there is a tool in the task manager.

they need to overwrite files not make changes in them, that's why patches are so big. Its the same with many games...
Good explanation, let’s educate.

So I've been playing on PS4 Pro (from an SSD) and I haven't had a single crash but I'm only 4-5 hours into the game. Do the crashes start happening after the game opens up more or am I just getting lucky?
I'm up over 40 hours and have only crashed twice, both times before they started patching.

There must be something specific you do which causes the crashes, that for whatever reason I'm not doing. If you've gone 5 hours and haven't crashed yet, maybe you aren't doing it either.

Mahavastu

The rate and speed of iteration and patch releases means they did not need to ‘let it cook’ for 6 more months. They were 2-4 weeks away from patching majority of Day 1 issues. The good thing is people that get the game for Christmas will have a much better experience.
I think they expected to get the 1.05 version out as day 1 patch and missed it by a few days. The reception would have been MUCH better then.

I expect there wont be much progress for the next 2 weeks because of christmas, but it seems they really want to patch the game until it is "good"

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
I did notice one issue. There was a texture following me around in the game. Its a little hard to explain but it seemed to be under every surface to make things look wet/shiney.

Performance in this patch seemed better. Still only had one crash on xbox in 53 hrs

😄 that wet section of floor

N30RYU

Just got to the festival scene on PS5... WHY the fuck there are no more ppl on the streets if they can handle that many npcs in that scene?

nkarafo

Why do consoles need so much bigger patches compared to PC? Ironic how the "plug and play" machines are so much more inconvenient with this.

Last edited:
Just got to the festival scene on PS5... WHY the fuck there are no more ppl on the streets if they can handle that many npcs in that scene?
Because it's impractical? On PC some areas are so packed with pedestrians and cars that it's hard to navigate.

K.S v2.0

Banned
This game was clearly sabotaged by certain developers in the studio to spite the company.

Must be some SJW saboteurs that knew they couldn't get caught and fled the company as soon as this game came out.
Just conduct an edit of all the 🤡🌎 tier assets in the game and you'll probably find a few personal signatures most likely pointing at DeviantArt or Tumblr or what not.

K.S v2.0

Banned
Does the problem even exist on consoles? The reddit thread was specifically about the PC version crashing at 8 MBytes, and the PS4 saves are a constant size as far as I can tell. My 40+ hour game and a brand new game save are both 12.9 MBytes.

Bug is caused by having way too many crafted items, the PS4 ver would have been way too crashy to even get to the point where you're pushing the save size limit.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The corruption bug is another example of why gamers should have USB backups on PS5. I copy my saves regularly on the PS4 just to be safe and I don't trust Sony to upload everything to the cloud (and to prevent corrupted saves from being uploaded with the rest).

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Fixes are coming in fast, as expected from CDPR.
Always trusted that they will make this improve this. Yeah they shouldve delayed but its ok, soon the game will be as it was intended and this fiasco would be behind us. Maybe a redemption arc like No Man's sky? Hopefully.
Their deception will not be forgiven by patches.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

giphy.gif
This is probably more to do with how the patching system works on consoles. Notice that even between Steam and GOG the patches are very different in size.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Patch is 2GB on Steam. That's right, 2GB patch to remove an 8MB save file size limit.

I doubt anyone hardcoded a 8MB limit so they could fit it on their PS2 memory card, they probably had to do major changes to the databases and tables.

Top Bottom