• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 hotfix 1.06 hopefully fixes all future save corruption issues and most console crashes

Pallas

This game was clearly sabotaged by certain developers in the studio to spite the company.

Must be some SJW saboteurs that knew they couldn't get caught and fled the company as soon as this game came out.

I know most will consider this a joke/troll post but I wouldn’t put it out of the realm of possibilities.

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

Last edited:
So it still doesn't address the settings issue. If I try to adjust the settings on the PS4 version (playing on PS5), it will not let me exit the menu unless I restore the default settings.

waylo

Banned
Ugh. Anyone know what line to edit with Hexedit now? CPU back down to 40-50% usage...AGAIN!

Having to change this after every patch is going to get old. Wish they would acknowledge it's not just something that affected less than eight core CPU's.

V4skunk

Banned
Ugh. Anyone know what line to edit with Hexedit now? CPU back down to 40-50% usage...AGAIN!

Having to change this after every patch is going to get old. Wish they would acknowledge it's not just something that affected less than eight core CPU's.
The patch notes for one of the patches said they removed it because it doesn't do anything?

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
The patch notes for one of the patches said they removed it because it doesn't do anything?
That was the .csv file or whatever that supposedly changed VRAM limits. I'm talking about the .exe hexedit that results in MUCH more CPU usage. They have said it doesnt affect eight core and up CPU's, but it's total horseshit.

Here are my taskmanagers from the 1.05 patch (the one that came with notes saying that it doesnt affects eight core CPU's).

Before the hexedit.
bIpH7m7.png

After the hexedit.
5bT4bBi.png

Mithos

That was the .csv file or whatever that supposedly changed VRAM limits. I'm talking about the .exe hexedit that results in MUCH more CPU usage. They have said it doesnt affect eight core and up CPU's, but it's total horseshit.

Here are my taskmanagers from the 1.05 patch (the one that came with notes saying that it doesnt affects eight core CPU's).

Before the hexedit.
bIpH7m7.png

After the hexedit.
5bT4bBi.png
According to this Reddit post the same edit works on 1.06

First impressions on base PS4 after 30 minutes of walking, driving on both motorcycle and cars..

I feel the LOD and popping have got a massive improvement here. The city now seems to run coherently overall. It doesn't longer feel like a city that is loading all the time as before and like if everything that is far than 10 meters around your point is struggling to load. The only problem I'm still noticing is with random ads taking quite a while to load properly, from PS1 resolution to low texture PS4 resolution; sometimes they load when you look elsewhere and then look back at them, sometimes viceversa, the advertising is fully loaded and surprise!! It has gone back to the PS1 resolution.

Moreover, there is something odd now with the draw distance after this new 1.06 version on PS4. Did they just add some sort of permanent mist around the city?? I need someone to confirm me this to see if I'm not the only one noticing this. I attempted skipping 24 hours three times, and the mist was still there. It doesn't look bad at all though, it gives a certain level of ambient to the city, like a real city of the future with pollution everywhere, and no just a clean summer city like before; but I think they've done this fully on purpose to save up performance.

Another thing I noticed. There are more NPCs walking and more traffic without a single onze of doubt, in both at night and in the day time. Maybe PS4 version now has the same density of NPCs as the Xbox One version?

Performance wise. IQ seems cleaner, but that might just be me (maybe new TAA solution??), and framerate seems quite improved in certain areas, but it's still a bit far away from being 30 FPS stable. However,with the actual pace they are going with releasing constant patches, I'm pretty sure that sooner or later CDPR will manage to make very acceptable experience all around. Maybe with the big January update??

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Yeah, I know.

1.05 in particular have improved resolution by A LOT on base PS4. Performance was improved on 1.04 (not so much on 1.05)

But I'm pretty sure that they can optimize the game further.
Yeah, I think optimizing it further is gonna mean rewriting parts of the renderer to handle certain effects differently, things like that that will change the look of the game a bit but allow it to run better.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Before the hexedit.
bIpH7m7.png

After the hexedit.
5bT4bBi.png
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GAME SIMULATING? 8C|16T on 80% is madness for such barren game.

Seeing the pace of these updates I'm glad MS didn't remove the game from their store. I'd prefer that Sony simply remove their horrible return policy and update it with something similar to what Steam and MS do.

Gediminas

Banned
they released this patch after i already have a platinum with 50+ crashes. why would they started with this patch?wtf! never seen this shit in my life in any game. apart from crashes, there were not a lot of bugs of glitches.

That's some straight up misinformation/fake news in the thread title.

This is what's written in that blog post, regarding consoles.

Console-specific

• Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.

Where does it say "MOST CONSOLE CRASHES", as it does in the OP?

Hopefully the mod team takes notice and changes the thread title soon.

Edit -

HOLY SHIT FAKE NEWS 2.0 - It says this for PC:

PC-specific

• Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

How in the hell does this translate to "FIXES ALL SAVE CORRUPTION ISSUES"?

Mods, please change the thread title and look into the OP's future threads regarding CP2077.

Last edited:

ToadMan

Well I had 1 crash after about an hour on PS5. They have though made it that the graphics settings can be adjusted now - something that was broken by the last patch. Progress?

Otherwise it’s still janky as fuck - I guess there won’t be anything to fix the actual gameplay until next month now.

EDIT : Another crash about 20 minutes after posting this...

Last edited:

HoofHearted

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GAME SIMULATING? 8C|16T on 80% is madness for such barren game.

It's grabbing all local data and uploading to the cloud for blackmail purposes, as well as recording everything during gameplay for creation of additional, new, and exciting glitch videos to upload to YT next week for everyone to watch.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Or maybe MS to make the price goes down and buy them /s

Please don't go there. Some of your SonyBros will take this seriously and run with. You guys don't need any additional conspiracy theories to add to your existing library of Xbox/MS conspiracies.

If this is true then relist the game on PSN! It ain't broken no more 🔥

EDIT: OP, where in your brain did Fewer translate to Most?

The hard-crashes are far from the only thing that was making the game near unplayable. The framerate constantly fluctuating from the teens to 30 made a lot of people physically sick.

And the bugs are still way too high for any game that's being sold for full price, but I can see console holders overlooking that.

did they fix the lack of details on the ps4/ps5 version??....game was a ghost town with hardly no cars or pedestrians
or is that how they got around the memory issues

Night.Ninja

Banned
I'm enjoying this new patch on series x the game feels a lot smoother, I don't any dropped frames while speeding anymore.

Overall feels really good, I can't wait until the quality of life patches start dropping.

ZehDon

Please don't go there. Some of your SonyBros will take this seriously and run with. You guys don't need any additional conspiracy theories to add to your existing library of Xbox/MS conspiracies.
I'll look forward to the next Bloomberg article:
"In addition to the worst-kept-secret of the all-but-confirmed acquisition of SEGA, itself heavily rumoured to be announced this Wednesday, this publication has now learned that Microsoft are in serious talks to fully acquire The Witcher 3 developer, CD Projekt Red. Our sources at both companies, speaking to us on the condition of anonymity because they don't exist and we just made them up so we could post this article, have fully confirmed that the acquisition talks are indeed very real. They also heavily hinted that, due to the unprecedented failure of the Hitler-esque Cyberpunk 2077, Microsoft is looking to acquire the Polish developer for cents on the dollar."

did they fix the lack of details on the ps4/ps5 version??....game was a ghost town with hardly no cars or pedestrians

There is NO PS5 or Series X version. The official "nextgen" or currentgen release will happen mid way next year or even later due to COVID. They don't even have a release window for it.

You're playing the game in BC mode at PS4 Pro or at Xbox One X settings (Xbox One settings for the Series S). That's the reason you see significantly less detail than the PC version, which was used all for PR.

Before the hexedit.
bIpH7m7.png

After the hexedit.
5bT4bBi.png

This is not necessarily a problem at all.

In fact in some cases ( and maybe in this case ) turning SMT OFF can increase performance as each core can both boost higher and is also not split by a thread.

The real question that needs to be answered here is in actual performance. Does an 8 core with SMT OFF actually perform worse than an 8 core with SMT ON?

I seriously question how much of this is placebo.

Last edited:

ToadMan

Maybe a little better now in terms of people and cars, but it’s still stupid glitchy and not really busy enough.

Cars will just pop in and out of existence when the hard limit on objects get reached.

Not just the graphics but the entire physical thing is just erased or instantiated.

The funny thing is this literally should not be a problem in a cyberpunk setting. It’s supposed to be smoggy, rainy and dark most of the time. If they’d done that you’d only need a close draw distance around the player and just filled that space up with stuff.

I’ve done one mission where it was foggy and rainy - it should be that way 90% of the time.

Console-specific

• Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.
Its bullshit you gotta download that much to fix an 8mb file size limit....but 15.4gb for console owners and all you get in the changelog is this: ^^^ :messenger_tears_of_joy: this is a shit show

I bet we can go to those posts regarding all the horrible huge ass CODMW updates that were vague as hell in their descriptions and find the same folks dissing them...now defending CDPR for this shit :messenger_beaming:

Must be two sides

Last edited:

intbal

There is NO PS5 or Series X version. The official "nextgen" or currentgen release will happen mid way next year or even later due to COVID. They don't even have a release window for it.

You're playing the game in BC mode at PS4 Pro or at Xbox One X settings (Xbox One settings for the Series S). That's the reason you see significantly less detail than the PC version, which was used all for PR.

That's mostly true.
But I wanted to add that Xbox Series consoles have an intermediate code path that they can use for BC games. Gen9Aware games on Series X | S are the Xbox One versions, but with the possibility of adding certain 9th gen capabilities. I believe Cyberpunk is using these intermediate versions on X | S.
I have no idea about PS5.

waylo

Banned
This is not necessarily a problem at all.

In fact in some cases ( and maybe in this case ) turning SMT OFF can increase performance as each core can both boost higher and is also not split by a thread.

The real question that needs to be answered here is in actual performance. Does an 8 core with SMT OFF actually perform worse than an 8 core with SMT ON?

I seriously question how much of this is placebo.
Dude, I've played with both. My game dips to 40 FPS with no hex edit. Never goes below 50 with it. The lows are noticeably better. It's not placebo.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I just want to say thank you to the ground level developers that have been working hard to patch this game so close to the holiday. It's not their fault management screwed up so bad.

Holidays are cancelled for everyone anyway, might as well get those bonus checks. I'm sure the actual ground developers don't care about all this outrage on their behalf.

They do have a mole tho and they should get rid of them asap. Just look underneath the wig.

Anyway, can't they stop refunding people now? I'm worried people will finish the game and ask for a refund after Christmas. Scammers.

they released this patch after i already have a platinum with 50+ crashes. why would they started with this patch?wtf! never seen this shit in my life in any game. apart from crashes, there were not a lot of bugs of glitches.
My initial run through for Witcher 3 was on the Xbox..then I did one on PC..saw the fully patched version on xbox one x last fall at a friends house and I was like yo...its a lot of little changes to the game/engine/menus and such that I never even got to experience..Felt like maybe I should have waited lol

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Good update. The 8MB file was never gonna affect anyone who played it normally. At least it's fixed now.

also hopefully console owners arent crashing as much now!

What you all gonna piss and moan about now?

Top Bottom