• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 datamine suggests multiplayer and expansions are still coming

SJRB

Gold Member
Expansions: of course
Multiplayer: most definitely not.

You have to remember that this game has been in development for 6+ years, so references to a multiplayer mode are bound to be in the code somewhere.

rolandss

maybe they’ll make us pay extra to play the game they promised the original release would be. I’m not giving CD Projekt another cent.

Flutta

Banned
Only thing saving CyberPunk is the addition of a 3rd person view.

It would be the perfect implementation to reignite some excitement about the actual game. I’d actually buy it if that happened.

Make it happen CDPR!
💯 agree with this.
That would def gain back alot of goodwill from angry fans.

But its a farcry from reality at this point. I think the game is so broken that implementing a 3rd person view would mean re-creating the gameplay systems and remodeling parts of night city to fit a 3rd person view. That would take alot of time and effort, so more delays more reasurces taken away from fixing the game. They might aswell just make a sequel with 3rd person view instead.

FireFly

Expansions: of course
Multiplayer: most definitely not.

You have to remember that this game has been in development for 6+ years, so references to a multiplayer mode are bound to be in the code somewhere.
According to Tyler, the references are new and the "old" standalone multiplayer has been depreciated in the code. AFAIK, CDPR never said they were cancelling multiplayer, just that it would be integrated into their games moving forward, rather than being something external.

Woggleman

Putting a 3rd person view and allowing you to change your appearance anytime during the game would go a long way. If modders can do it then the devs can.

MiguelItUp

After what they've said, I wouldn't be surprised if this was just preexisting code they meant to remove.

Expansions? Sure. Multiplayer? Doubtful.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I have low expectations for multiplayer, I think they are just so far behind on that, and it was always supposed to be years out.

I'm super down for some expansions though. There were always holes in the map waiting for DLC content (I know people think that was stuff cut for time but I think they always planned for DLC). I put a good 70 hours into Cyberpunk, and some meaty story DLC sounds real good to me.
Putting a 3rd person view and allowing you to change your appearance anytime during the game would go a long way. If modders can do it then the devs can.
Modders have pretty conclusively proven why third person would take a lot of retooling. It's not like that shit really works.

Next gen version is set to release this year but might be delayed.

TBH I hope they do not spend too much time on NPCS, police, customization and so on. It's all superficial stuff and I'd much prefer they would work on new stories, quests and characters, this is their strong suit and all those elements are already magnificent in the base game
Some actual AI for cars would be nice. They mostly avoid missions where this really matters but it would be cool if they didn't have to. The few where you do have real chases are ridiculous because the enemy cars can't even drive and have to teleport around behind your back.

Last edited:

Rambotito

I'm holding off until a proper next-gen patch is released. I've been wanting to dive back in but there is so much out or coming out that I can easily wait. I hope they manage to correct course and rebuild their reputation and trust.
I think most of us are in the same boat. Finished it on PS5 but want to see what they can do with a real port. Maybe there will be more than two people outside at any given time.

Top Bottom