• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Are you buying on release or are you waiting for the next-gen version to drop?

Are you buying Cyberpunk on release or are you waiting for the next-gen version to drop?

• I have a PS5/XSX and will play it in BC-Mode

Votes: 38 21.8%
  • I am holding out until 2021 until proper next-gen versions are released

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • PC-Masterrace just entered the chat

Votes: 66 37.9%
  • I will play & buy it for PS4/XB1

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters

mili2110

I am waiting until 2021 for the patch/next-gen version, so I can enjoy it in its full glory. I can't do it to myself to play this game in BC mode. I can still hold out for the few months longer. I hope they will release XSX/PS5 versions before april 2021.

GymWolf

Day one on pc and praying in 4 different languages that my pc will be enough to play this thing in a decent way.

Dlss on this game is gonna be a huge deal.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'll be playing through on Series X at launch, and then doing another playthrough with a different life path and choices once the next gen version is out.

FastOrc

I can't do polls yet as i'm not higher ranked on neogaf.
I will be getting it on Series X on the 10th, if it's not pushed back again.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'll wait until I have a PC capable of running it. Highly doubt my GTX 1060 could do it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

MrS

Banned
Definitely waiting. Was all in for day one before the delay but I have no confidence in CDPR now.

Freeman76

I will probably wait and play on series x with upgrades. Been waiting for this for such a long time now, seems silly to play a subpar version. I wish they pulled a Ubi and released all versions at once, obviously they havent had the time to get it done though.

I'm f@#$% done waiting no matter what. Latest footage hyped the fk out of me, so much potential and so much to do in the city. Looks cray-cray drop dead gorgeous man.

Hopefully closer to release date, we'll get some info on which next gen console it runs consistently best..so that's the ver I'm going with.

One X btw, holding its own, not bad.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Day one for PS5 and will play through it multiple times for different starting areas and choices. Will play through multiple times again when the full next gen version release.

Kadayi

Banned
tenor.gif

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
1060 is under recommended specs so you'd be able to play it, just not at max settings obviously. remember this game has to run on hardware way worse than your 1060 (PS4, Xbox One)
I hope they are able to optimize it nicely, but given all the delays I'm not putting my hopes very high.

Besides, if the game ends up being great I would prefer to enjoy it at max fidelity, even if that means waiting until I have a new PC. :)

Arkam

I have always wanted to wait for the Next Gen version, but never thought I could (if it hit the first release date). But Now? I have SM:MM, Demon's Souls, Sack Boy, COD, to play first. AND I just picked up two Yakuza games (Zero and Kiwami).... so I dont need anything til the spring at the earliest. And with hints at GT7 coming then... ill be ready when it is ready.

jaysius

Banned
The game looks like a shit show, from the most recent footage, also I didn't realize before this was a "NUMBER POPPING OUT OF ENEMY HEADS" game, that's somewhat turned me off from this, it means that some enemies will be sponges just to make them "harder".

Something I thought about a second ago, The Witcher series that they make is hugely successful because of it's story... which is a story with many of the tales already written by an excellent writer. This is their FIRST original story that they're writing without a framework to lean on, this is kind of scary, we haven't seen THEIR OWN 100% writing yet.

Last edited:
GTA 5 was also fun on 360/PS3, but the fps was mostly 30ish and population (cars and ppl) was pretty low compared to ps4/xbone. I think its gonna be the same with cp2077, tolareble but in the end you wish you could wait. What you cant....

R6Rider

Gold Member
The game looks like a shit show, from the most recent footage, also I didn't realize before this was a "NUMBER POPPING OUT OF ENEMY HEADS" game, that's somewhat turned me off from this, it means that some enemies will be sponges just to make them "harder".

Something I thought about a second ago, The Witcher series that they make is hugely successful because of it's story... which is a story with many of the tales already written by an excellent writer. This is their FIRST original story that they're writing without a framework to lean on, this is kind of scary, we haven't seen THEIR OWN 100% writing yet.

There is a frame work to lean on. They already have a lore book out and lore from the board game.

Depends. Is there a sliver of possibility that VR will be supported on PC? I thought I saw a comment forever ago that it was either being considered, or decidedly not happening.

If no VR, then I'll just get it for my Series X, play now and enjoy the upgrades later. I thought it looked great even without the next gen update.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’ve got Demons Souls, Astrobot, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Monster Hunter World, Persona 5 to play.

I can wait until CDPR actually put out a proper version of the game. At launch it‘ll probably be a buggy mess, on inadequate consoles.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
never understood that waiting game? what are you waiting for? life to pass?

of course i will be there day 1 on PS5. PS5 will enhance the game.

Mhmmm 2077

I'm waiting for RDNA 2 GPUs to get released tomorrow and hopefully for me to be able to order one of them... but I pre-ordered the game back in 2019.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Just upgraded to a RTX 3080 + Predator X35 ultrawide, definitely playing this on day 1 (which I hope to god is December 10)

Nymphae

Banned
There is no next gen full release, right? IIRC there is simply a next gen patch in the works?

I bought the PS4 version because I was going to wait for the PS5 release but then from what I read it sounded like there wasn't going to be one.

I'll probably play it on release and see what I think, if performance is super shitty maybe I'll shelve it until the patch.

Riky

$MSFT
Playing the X1X version on a Series X, I'm sure it'll be fine while we wait for the upgrade.

Top Bottom