• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: 1000+ NPCs, customize your teeth and other picked informations passed under the radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
Teeth, you say

maxresdefault.jpg

This is one of those games where people will spend five hours just in the character creator, huh.
but whats the point? Game is first person and so does the cutscenes, 99% of time, you will not see your character lol

Also sex scene will be from player POV, right? :p

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
for me personally they need to fill those streets, sure have a thousand unique individuals but for the love of god populate the game with tens of thousands of random non talky NPCs, the game looks empty in my eyes

Reactions: GHG

llien

How does one justify being able to customize a penis, but not vagina?
That's why they've added vagina customization.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
This game will be best on PC, Xbox Series X, and PlayStation 5. Ray tracing, subsurface scattering, chromatic aberration, NPC and vehicle density, etc, will all look better and run efficiently on these platforms. So, I think that the current-generation consoles will either run the game poorly or run the game without some of these effects or with them at minimal levels.

GHG

for me personally they need to fill those streets, sure have a thousand unique individuals but for the love of god populate the game with tens of thousands of random non talky NPCs, the game looks empty in my eyes

Yeh thats the thing a few of the people who had access to the latest preview commented on. The NPC density wasn't anywhere near the levels we saw in the earliest trailers.

DJT123

This game will be best on PC, Xbox Series X, and PlayStation 5. Ray tracing, subsurface scattering, chromatic aberration, NPC and vehicle density, etc, will all look better and run efficiently on these platforms. So, I think that the current-generation consoles will either run the game poorly or run the game without some of these effects or with them at minimal levels.
It will be best on PC by a country mile and that's before mods.

Last edited:

GymWolf

On pc is gonna look noticeably better than ps5 and sex.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Well, I know that. However, consideting the desktop-class processors in the PS5 and XSX, as well as the high-tier GPUs in them (PS5 =~ 2080, XSX =~ 2080Ti), they're basically full-fledged PCs themselves.
Even ps4 and xone were pc, just shitty pc...

Doesn't change the fact that 10 tf are not nearly enough to run the game with all the bells and whistles.

This game is gonna put a 3080 on his knees most probably.

Last edited:

DJT123

Doesn't change the fact that 10 tf are not nearly enough to run the game with all the bells and whistles.

It's the one game making me consider getting a new GFX card that supports raytracing in current year- but with the customization available on PC I'll wait and see how my current setup handles it first.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned

It's not as if I'm taking only about max settings; I mean that the minium level of quality necessary for the game to look and run impressively will be attainable by the PS5 and XSX. Also, since when are 2080 and 2080Ti levels of power not nearly enough?

DJT123

It's not as if I'm taking only about max settings; I mean that the minium level of quality necessary for the game to look and run impressively will be attainable by the PS5 and XSX. Also, since when are 2080 and 2080Ti levels of power not nearly enough?
If you don't have DLSS and want 60 FPS, ultra settings and ray tracing. It's a high bar but still.

notseqi

That genital customization must have been a thing to behold. Who held their hand up in that meeting and agreed to design a ton of muffs and peens? Or is the workload distributed between every member of CDPR? Do these genitals need raytracing when you design a Gold Member?

I have so many questions. Hopefully we get an in-depth muff dive into the details.

Also, since when are 2080 and 2080Ti levels of power not nearly enough?
Since RT entered the stage.
A 2080TI with 14 Turing TFlops barely gets to 40fps with RT on high @4k in a game like Control...and CP2077 should have a much much larger scope, even though we don`t know yet, just how much RT they put into the game. But since Nvidia is partnering here and they want a big showcase my guess would be "a lot".
Even the 3xxx Ampere cards will rely on DLSS heavily as soon as RT is involved at higher resolutions and quality settings.

That´s kind of the crux so far with next gen consoles. AMD/Sony/MS absolutely do need a similar feature to DLSS to keep up with the performance needs in the long run, or they`ll either be in the <1440p range very soon or will have to go with decidedly lower quality settings.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Since RT entered the stage.
A 2080TI with 14 Turning TFlops barely gets to 40fps with RT on high @4k in a game like Control...and CP2077 should have a much much larger scope, even though we don`t know yet, just how much RT they put into the game. But since Nvidia is partnering here and they want a big showcase my guess would be "a lot".
Even the 3xxx Ampere cards will rely on DLSS heavily as soon as RT is involved at higher resolutions and quality settings.

That´s kind of the crux so far with next gen consoles. AMD/Sony/MS absolutely do need a similar feature to DLSS to keep up with the performance needs in the long run.

Microsoft has DirectML and Sony has their proprietary checkerboard rendering that they introduced in the PS4 Pro and have been rumored to have improved in the PS5. In regard to the PS5, Digital Foundry determined that the footage of Gran Turismo 7 included checkerboarded ray-traced reflections.

GymWolf

Because these gpus are not even capable of doing 4k60 with rtx and high setting with far smaller and lighter games without dlss, and console don't even have dlss.

And sex gpu is more of a 2080 vanilla and 2070super for ps5, on stock frequencies...

Last edited:
Microsoft has DirectML
That is just a machine learning API and got nothing to do with any form of intelligent upscaling so far. The basically just made the tools but haven`t built a house yet.

Sony has their proprietary checkerboard rendering that they introduced in the PS4 Pro
Checkerboarding hasn`t been bad so far, but the difference between native and checkerboarded is still pretty much visible. DLSS 2.0 is in another league here.

In regard to the PS5, Digital Foundry determined that the footage of Gran Turismo 7 included checkerboarded ray-traced reflections.
That´s what I meant with "decidedly lower quality settings". I´ve seen that analysis and man those reflections looked blocky in parts.

Last edited:

Mhmmm 2077

I've been waiting for this game since the 2012 logo reveal, I'm building a new PC soon, the main reason for doing it is Cyberpunk 2077. Pre-ordered on Steam (for money I got by selling dota2/csgo/h1z1 items) in 2019.
I NEED THIS GAME IN MY LIFE.

edit: one more thing, people are saying here that 3080 might be not enough for this game at max details, DLSS being absolutely necessary... and here I am, wanting to get an AMD RDNA 2 GPU into my upcoming build. I mean, I will wait to see what they have to offer, but I can imagine AMD being stronger and/or cheaper and my current old af HD 7970 GHz has been the best GPU I ever had, so I guess I would rather play at 75% 4K resolution than with DLSS artifacts (mainly on hair and during movement I think?)

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
That is just a machine learning API and got nothing to do with any form of intelligent upscaling so far. The basically just made the tools but haven`t built a house yet.

Checkerboarding hasn`t been bad so far, but the difference between native and checkerboarded is still pretty much visible. DLSS 2.0 is in another league here.

That´s what I meant with "decidedly lower quality settings". I´ve seen that analysis and man those reflections looked blocky in parts.

I'm not implying that the game will look as good and run as well on the PS5 and XSX as it will on PC but that it will still look impressive and run impressively.

I actually intend to get it for PC and hope to play it via an Asus Strix RTX 3090.

DJT123

It will get 10/10 from big review sites partly because it's a BIG, almost AAAA game from loved game studio. I expect at least 9/10 from small and more objective looking sites
It's basically a formality even if the game ends up being worse than The Witcher 3. This is a lock for 90+ with mainstream reviewers. (not that I care what they say)

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I'm laughing at the fact that they've added more genital options like anyone aside from some edgelord streamers is going for anything other than GAF standard footlongs and tidy Muffins. I mean obviously everyone's going to check out the roast beef selection during character creation for funsies but are you going being sporting it...I'm not so sure 🤔

home-roasted-beef-slices.jpg

Last edited:
They keep talking about customization options you'll never see... at least the movement better feel good. I hate being a floating head.
Sounds like they put a lot of effort into the dating part of the game. Getting GTA 4 flashbacks...

And barely see that characer because this is a first person game.

I don't care what anybody says, that was a dumb move and im still salty about it. Witcher 3 is my Game of the Generation and CDPR managed to kill a lot of my hype for Cyberpunk by not even giving us the option of third person.
So it's going to have a big character creation screen, the game is first person, there's no cut scenes to show yourself in third person, and it looks like the only time you see yourself is maybe thumbing through your menu/inventory screens?

That seems like a lot of effort for menu screen shots.
Remember, they're gonna have multiplayer, which means they'll need decent functioning 3rd person animations, which means eventually mods will make 3rd person possible. I hope.

scalman

All will be seen when we will start play it. Info means very little , depends how deep and interesting it will be. But probably noone will care for that i wont. Even if it would be 3rd person view game.
they could do better car handling instead that.

Last edited:

Rikkori

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype
hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

rob305

If you've played TLOU2 you'll see that cinematic gameplay is almost the same as a cutscene when done well. Seemless transitions to dialogue and a scripted sequence dials the immersion up 1000%.
I did and I loved TLOU2. It just feels weird to me since its going to be all in first person, but again I have faith in CDPR and these folks know exactly what theyre doing

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Why do you need all this character customization in a strictly first-person game anyway?

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I can't wait for multiplayer. The 32 hours I spend tweaking my looks in character creation will have all been worth it. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Really though, I seem to recall mirrors being in the game. With those around as well as all the reflections seen with ray tracing on, I'd say you'll see yourself fairly often.

Why do you need all this character customization in a strictly first-person game anyway?

Yeah I wonder the same thing. Seems completely unnecesary unless there is some multiplayer aspect coming that would take advantage of it (one can only hope for some GTA Online Roleplay style mode DLC)

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I can't be the only straight man who likes playing most RPGs as a hot chick main character. If I have to play dress up with equipment and stare at a character in menus and combat, I'd rather look at something pleasing to me. I don't role play as myself.

If you're a straight guy into girls, you usually end up doing some kind of lesbian romance option in games like these if you pick a girl character.

So the real question is, do you give your character a dick or a vagina now?

tenor.gif

I always look at a character creation as like, protagonist creation. I don't make an avatar of me I make who I want the story to be about, and it depends on the game. It's probably a coin toss whether I cast a male or female. Mass Effect? Female all the way. Fallout? Guy makes sense to me.

I am very undecided in Cyberpunk. I thought male at first but now that I have seen some cool female Vs, I am tempted by that too. I probably won't decided until I am sitting at the character creation screen.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Find it seriously implausible that a company who has thus far shown minimal flair for third-person action is suddenly going to come out with first-person combat of a quality to challenge devs with decades of experience in that format. Especially multi-player.

Last edited:
A bit like GTA 4 and GTA 5, you can go out with characters, drink a beer, play a game, invite them to your home and deepen your bonds (or degrade them). Each of these outings is unique and gives rise to interactive dialogues and choices of answers, and can lead to romances.

Oh god no..

I can't wait for multiplayer. The 32 hours I spend tweaking my looks in character creation will have all been worth it. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Really though, I seem to recall mirrors being in the game. With those around as well as all the reflections seen with ray tracing on, I'd say you'll see yourself fairly often.

People will whine at the thought of multiplayer, but cdpr made it clear the single player is the focus and the game, mp is added later. After playing through single player in such an immersive world and experience.....i personally cant wait to then be able to jump into it with other people.

As long as cdpr makes a large effort to keep hackers out of the game on pc....basically the opposite of rockstar.

Now just add VR...

IDappa

Has anyone found any info when the next gen graphical updates will come out?. I'd like to play this when they release that but I cannot find any info.

Pallas

Gold Member
Ugh why can’t this game be out now, this will probably be my game of the generation. Everything about it sounds awesome!

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Has anyone found any info when the next gen graphical updates will come out?. I'd like to play this when they release that but I cannot find any info.
No, I don't think they're on any kind of schedule, but there will be a patch that at least allows them to run in next gen mode and get better performance at or close to launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom