• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW developing Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the teenage witch

Ugh they're gonna fuck Riverdale up with the expanded universe bullshit just the way the cw did with Arrow, aren't they?

i can only see them doing these two shows. a jughead or betty and veronica spinoff would be stupid for instance.

riverdale was lots of fun. I'm looking forward to this.

If it wasn't for the license running out, then this would be the perfect 3rd show for the TV Archieverse:

latest

Cipherr

My fiancée and I binged through Riverdale a few months back when we didn't have anything else to watch. It's like CW's final form or some shit - impossibly beautiful people, moody drama, clearly being shot in Vancouver, etc.

lmao

VeeP

Ugh they're gonna fuck Riverdale up with the expanded universe bullshit just the way the cw did with Arrow, aren't they?

Most likely it'll only be a Sabrina spinoff, and maybe they'll have a crossover or something for the Halloween episode - which sounds pretty cool to me. Maybe they'll make a Josie spinoff eventually, but I doubt it. Those characters don't seem popular enough atm.

Also, I'm pretty sure the show runner (Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa) had the whole Sabrina thing in mind before the show even took off, since he is the mind behind Afterlife with Archie and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. So hopefully, if he had it in mind, he can bring it to the universe and do justice to both Riverdale & Sabrina/Greendale.

I would love it if the show ends up being like the comics but I'm fully expecting a Supernatural type show. I guess I'm also fine with that.

Briarios

Seriously, no one but Dove Cameron makes sense for this role right now lol Archie Comics wants it, Dove Cameron wants it, so it's just up to the producers:

dove-cameron-sabrina-teenage-witch.jpg

And leave Disney? That would be hustling backwards

I watched all 10 seasons of Smallville, The CW can't hurt me anymore

how much longer can dove cameron even stay. she did liv and maddie and the 2 descendants movie. i'm sure disney already have some other stars to replace her. i mean how many shows they got now.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Oh shit, that was a good ass book. Surprisingly gritty, it may shock some people only familiarised with the previous TV show.

The CW already knows how to do gritty, so I hope they get somebody competent to helm the project.

Melissa Joan Hart as
Aunt Hilda
Nah, Melissa Joan Hart as Cthulhu.

It's a CW show. It's definitely going to be like the latter
The 100 is all manners of fucked up at times, tho.

BfJ9UAd.gif

Ross61

Oh shit, that was a good ass book. Surprisingly gritty, it may shock some people only familiarised with the previous TV show.

The CW already knows how to do gritty, so I hope they get somebody competent to helm the project.

Nah, Melissa Joan Hart as Cthulhu.
I think the article mentioned that the writer is the showrunner.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Are they impossibly beautiful? Betty and Veronica are beautiful people for sure but they're not the crazy ridiculous CW standard. I thought they were a bit more relatable to good looking normal people rather than how do you even exist actresses. They all look like they're actually in their age range too unlike say...their predecessors who were the same age but looked like they were seniors in college.

ewcvr1482-83_8927392392.jpg

Impossibly hot

jeeesus. this betty and veronica were like the new audrey/shelly for me in hotness. great casting, were consistently the best things about riverdale.

cj_iwakura

I just finished reading the graphic novel and it's amazing. I have a question though...
So since Sabrina didn't sign her name, does that mean she didn't become a full witch?

Top Bottom