• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW developing Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the teenage witch

anaron

We all knew this was happening sooner or later but YESSSSSS

http://tvline.com/2017/09/20/sabrina-the-teenage-witch-reboot-riverdale-spinoff-the-cw/

pUn50rH.jpg

It’s official: Sabrina the Teenage Witch is making tracks for Riverdale — though perhaps not the way fans have been speculating.

The CW is developing a one-hour Riverdale spinoff titled The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, TVLine has learned. The project, being likened to Rosemary’s Baby and The Exorcist in its tonality, “reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. … This adaptation finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature — half-witch, half-mortal — while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.”

Riverdale showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa will pen the script, with Lee Toland Krieger on board to direct. Both will executive-produce, alongside Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Jon Goldwater.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Best TV news I've heard in awhile. Absolutely adore Chilling Adventures.

Platy

YES PLEASE !

I am in !

Confirms Salem The Cat and I am in day -1

Specially because a dark and gritty version of Salem is basically .... TV Salem =P

Viewt

My fiancée and I binged through Riverdale a few months back when we didn't have anything else to watch. It's like CW's final form or some shit - impossibly beautiful people, moody drama, clearly being shot in Vancouver, etc. It had its moments, though. Not particularly my thing, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

I remember hearing rumors last year of Sabrina showing up on Riverdale this season. Maybe introduce her like a backdoor pilot situation?

Will give it a shot. Need another supernatural type show to watch.

Teen Wolf, Vampire Diaries, The Originals are all ending or have ended.

Hopefully CW learned from The Secret Circle.

chefbags

My fiancée and I binged through Riverdale a few months back when we didn't have anything else to watch. It's like CW's final form or some shit - impossibly beautiful people, moody drama, clearly being shot in Vancouver, etc. It had its moments, though. Not particularly my thing, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Lmao that's hilariously on point.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
HELL. YES. I've wanted this since Riverdale was announced. Chilling Adventures is the best horror comic since forever. Real shit goes down and I hope WB has the balls to take it there.

That's actually from Afterlife with Archie, which is thematically similar but a different book.

Yeah, I just started to dive in on some research for the Chilling Adventures book and noticed that wasn't in there. Still a Rosemary's Baby/The Exorcist-type comic of Sabrina is straight up my alley, Bride of Cthulhu or no.

Though admittedly, I would prefer to see that make it into the show somehow. lol

Geist-

Yeah, I just started to dive in on some research for the Chilling Adventures book and noticed that wasn't in there. Still a Rosemary's Baby/The Exorcist-type comic of Sabrina is straight up my alley, Bride of Cthulhu or no.

Though admittedly, I would prefer to see that make it into the show somehow. lol

The Riverdale creators said they were going to do some stuff with Afterlife with Archie, like Halloween episodes or something, so we might still see it (if they have the budget).

The problem with CW is they hire the worst actors/actresses of all time. How do they find these people!? At least 2000's teen shows had reasonably okay actors for the most part. Some of the shows wouldnt be that bad aside from that.

Geist-

The problem with CW is they hire the worst actors/actresses of all time. How do they find these people!? At least 2000's teen shows had reasonably okay actors for the most part. Some of the shows wouldnt be that bad aside from that.

Being hot is their only requirement.

Some CW shows are still good despite that. The 100 much better than I was expecting (but I haven't caught up to the latest season).

cj_iwakura

Riverdale's cast is amazing, have you even watched it?

Shaanyboi

Banned
iZombie.

And I will never understand how people unironically champion Riverdale. That show is thorough trash.

compo

Banned
I feel like I'm missing something, having only known Sabrina the Teenage Witch through the 90's TGIF show.

Archie is pretty bad but the girls are a decent Betty and Veronica. It is definitely a step up from some of the other shows.

archie is the least interesting part of archie but B&V are great and jughead is amazing. and Cheryl is great, as are josie and the one pussycat who actually talks

fuck it the whole cast is great

also this is great I love chilling adventures

iZombie.

And I will never understand how people unironically champion Riverdale. That show is thorough trash.

People love Scream Queens which is legit the worst show on TV. AHS is close

Top Bottom