• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CuRsE of PG-13 strikes again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

COCKLES

being watched
Do you think there will ever be any more 'R' (18 cert in the UK) movies?

Reason I ask, I was just looking at the trailer for Boogeyman (produced by Sam Rami) - in the 80's this would be a cert for a high rating. The trailer indicates it's that kinda movie (however cliched it may look) yet a look at the IGN listing for it says PG-13? What's the betting Amityville Horror ends up the same way.

I fear the days of on-screen decapitations, angled sharp objects skewering hapless victims ect are long gone...well at least on-screen at least.

Can you imagine if they made Alien or The Thing today? Just as the Norris burster blasts out you get a shitty cutaway and lots of noise but no baby-thing-moster writhing on the ceiling as the now handless Doc lurches back screaming.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
COCKLES said:
Do you think there will ever be any more 'R' (18 cert in the UK) movies?

Reason I ask, I was just looking at the trailer for Boogeyman (produced by Sam Rami) - in the 80's this would be a cert for a high rating. The trailer indicates it's that kinda movie (however cliched it may look) yet a look at the IGN listing for it says PG-13? What's the betting Amityville Horror ends up the same way.

I fear the days of on-screen decapitations, angled sharp objects skewering hapless victims ect are long gone...well at least on-screen at least.

Can you imagine if they made Alien or The Thing today? Just as the Norris burster blasts out you get a shitty cutaway and lots of noise but no baby-thing-moster writhing on the ceiling as the now handless Doc lurches back screaming.

The tried Alien Vs. Predator... they did similar stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom