• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Current games you’d like to see next gen PS5/XsX patches for....

Shmunter

With the next gen almost upon us and with many a great NexGen games coming, many of us also have a backlog of current gen titles, or titles we wish to replay with upgraded visuals.

Here are some on my wish list for a next gen patch...some of which are wishful thinking...

• Dishonoured 2 (Backlog, 60fps)
  • Ghost of Tsushima (Backlog, 60fps)
  • Last of us 2 (Replay, 60fps)
  • Alien isolation (Replay, IQ, 60fps)
  • Assassins Creed unity (Replay, IQ, 60fps)
  • Control (Backlog, 60fps)
  • Death stranding (Replay, 60fps)
  • Driveclub (Replay, IQ, 60fps)
  • Metro Exodus (Backlog, 60fps)
  • Prey (Replay, IQ, 60fps)
  • Jedi fallen order (Backlog, 60fps)
  • Uncharted 4 (Replay, 60fps)
  • Red dead redemption 2 (backlog, 60 FPS)
  • Bloodborne (Backlog, iq, 60fps)
  • Batman Arkham Knight (replay, iq, 60fps)
  • Dreams (backlog, next gen features )
  • Firewall Zero Hour (psVR, iq)

What would you like to see patched for next gen and why?

images

images

images

NKtfnyn.gif

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
  • Bloodborne (4K, HDR, no loading times)
  • Death Stranding (4K, 60fps, no loading times, DualSense features)
  • DriveClub (4K, 60fps, HDR, no loading times, DualSense features)
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (4K, 60fps, no loading times)
  • Final Fantasy XV (4K, 60fps, no loading times)
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (4K, no loading times)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (4K, 60fps, no loading times, DualSense features)

Last edited:
Replays at 60fps
Last of Us Part 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Evil Within 2014
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
Driveclub
Red Dead Redemption
Bloodborne
Batman Arkham Knight

laynelane

I play Bloodborne regularly anyway so an improved performance version would be amazing. All the Souls games would be ideal and Nioh too.

Spyro

Neo Member
How is Driveclub not dead when they got rid of the online races.

Please tell me it's back again it's been months since I checked.

Alx

Maybe Just Cause 4. I'm not even sure I'd like the game, but I stopped playing after a few minutes because of the awful loading times (it was on free trial or gamepass or something). Maybe BC alone would be enough to make it bearable...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Not that many would choose this but..
Mirror's Edge Catalyst 4K@60fps + RT

How is Driveclub not dead when they got rid of the online races.

Please tell me it's back again it's been months since I checked.
The fucking game is dead. The people in this thread wishing for next gen updates to this game need their heads examined

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
Battlefield 4
DriveClub
Spyro Collection
Arkham Knight
MGS5
Forza Horizon 3
FF7 remake
Resident Evil 0-3 remakes
Final Fantasy XII

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
  • Ghost of Tsushima (Backlog, 60fps)
  • Assassins Creed unity + Black Flag (Replay, IQ, 60fps)
  • Control (Replay plus DLC, 60fps)
  • Death stranding (backlog, 60fps)
  • Jedi fallen order (Backlog, 60fps)
  • Uncharted 4 + lost legacy(Replay, 60fps, never bought lost legacy)
  • Bloodborne (Backlog, iq, 60fps)
  • Batman Arkham Knight (replay, iq, 60fps)
  • Batman Return to Arkham (replay with hopefully better polished gfx and performance)
  • FFVII Remake (Backlog)
  • F1 2020 (Replay)
  • MGS V (Replay)
  • Wasteland 3 (Terrible performance on current gen)
  • Dark Souls 3 (Backlog)
  • Monster Hunter: Iceborn (Need to finish it and tackle the DLC)
  • Nioh 2 (Backlog)
  • Sekiro (Backlog)
  • Re 2 remake (Backlog)
  • Re VII (Backlog)
  • DmC V (Backlog)

I'm sure there's more, but this is what comes to mind now, got a lot of catching up to do, so the new game drought for the first year suits me very well :)

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
PS5 - Uncharted 4, RDR2, Horizon 1, TLOU2, Drive Club. 4K 60fps would be awesome, however more realistic expectation would be 1800p 60fps and 4K 30fps, because I doubt PS5 GPU is fast enough to run such games like RDR2 at 4K 60fps (18TF 2080ti barely can do it and that's with console settings).

XSX - all Xbox One games will run at 4K anyway but special patches for Rise / shadow Of The Tomb Raider, Forza 2/3, Quantum Break would be nice. I'm also not sure if XSX can run games like RDR2 at 4K 60fps (maybe with VRS), but 1800p 60fps mode would be still awesome. I would also like to see more BC games and 4K patches for Xbox 360 / xbox classic BC games, for example Alan Wake, Gears Of War 1, GTA 3/VC/SA, Ralli Sport 2, Jet Set Radio, PGR2.

Last edited:

LED Guy?

Banned
I would really want The Last of Us 2 to have a remastered version with different modes.

- Native 4K 60 FPS mode.
- 1440p 60 FPS with RT Global Illumination/shadows mode.

I really would like it to have a mode with Ray Tracing, the game has some of the best graphics I’ve ever seen, but sometimes, like John Linneman from DF said, dynamic objects like characters/enemies can appear a bit out of sync with the exact lighting mood that a level is going for, it happens in every game, but this game uses a lot of dimly-lit environments more than any realistic game I’ve seen (tip: try playing RDR 2 while the world is covered with clouds to the point where there’s no sun/moon direct light on the scene, look at how flat it looks), because Rasterization isn’t great with those kinds of scenes where there’s no direct lighting from the sun/moon, they can do awesome pre-baking on still objects and utilize awesome AO, but characters may appear a bit flat at times even though they’re supremely detailed, so adding RT Global Illumination & RT shadows will accentuate what they’re already doing, I mean even with its current state, it still has the best lighting in any game so far, Naughty Dog’s work is just on another level!

Last edited:

Ellery

I think Final Fantasy VII Remake is the one game I feel needs the most work (man I hate those muddy textures) and would do well with higher resolution and faster loading times.
The same goes for Bloodborne as it would make the awkward framepacing and loading times much more bearable.
As far as Naughty Dog goes they do have the people that have the biggest passion for the technical side of things, but it would take a lot of time for them because they are perfectionists and they released 3 new AAA(A) games this generation and one remastered game so no idea if they have the time to give that special treatment to Uncharted 4, TLL, TLOU2 but I would love it. Impossible to say what it needs to turn one of these games into a PS5 game with 60fps and a bit of Raytracing.

I mean my list could go on and on and on. I hope as many PS4 games as possible get an increase in at least resolution and framerate (if possible. Not always the case. Some games are weirdly tied to fps).

GymWolf

No one, i already had 2 run in my most beloved games and i rarely do second runs to begin with, i'm not gonna do a third one just to see a graphical improvement and i already played every third party game on pc in their enhanced version compared to console.

I buy a new console to play new games, shocking i know.

Shmunter

No one, i already had 2 run in my most beloved games and i rarely do second runs to begin with, i'm not gonna do a third one just to see a graphical improvement and i already played every third party game on pc in their enhanced version compared to console.

I buy a new console to play new games, shocking i know.
No backlog? Superhuman time management 😎

GymWolf

No backlog? Superhuman time management 😎
My backlog is mostly formed by games that i was never really interested about in the first place.

The games i'm really hyped for get a day one purchase and a not-distracted run until i finish them.

And like i said, i don't need a ps5 to play old games in 4k60 because i already have a pc for that.

But i buy remaster if they are well done, and a full fledged remaster is usually 100x times better than an upgrade patch...

Last edited:

Sethbacca

Everybody has listed all of the ones I'd like (the obvious suspects), but as I haven't played RE7 I'd like to see that one pushed graphically and see it really pop in PSVR with the added power.

Forza horizon 4, so I don't have to choose between 4k/30 and 2k/60

Minecraft, gimme dat path tracing

Anything else just better load times please.

Tiamat2san

Most game I want will receive a patch (Witcher, gears 5, forza horizon 4..)

I’d like a patch for killer instinct, RDR2, MK 11, and samurai showdown.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This thread by itself justifies the existence of PC gaming.

Bloodborne being stuck with that janky frame rate pacing for five years just isn't right.

Shmunter

This thread by itself justifies the existence of PC gaming.

Bloodborne being stuck with that janky frame rate pacing for five years just isn't right.
And with Sony doing a Pro model to mirror a pc like spec bump without giving the game a patch is a black mark. Bad Sony!

Agent X

The two games that immediately come to mind are Control and DriveClub.

Control could use some general performance boosts, but the biggest improvement would be to drastically reduce the #@$%ing long load times when Jessie bites the dust and you're eager to jump back into action ASAP.

DriveClub is unlikely to ever get a patch, since Evolution has dissolved. If this game were to get a patch, then it would look particularly sweet with improvements to resolution and frame rate. Toss in support for DualSense controller features such as haptic feedback and resistance triggers, and it would add to the fun.

Top Bottom