• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crystal Dynamics Avengers Video Game Possibly Coming To Google GDC Panel (timed exclusive?)

Avengers_Endgame_Ant_Man_Suit_Marvel.jpg
A new Avengers video from Crystal Dynamics has been hinted at in the past and now that project might be coming to an upcoming Google event.

Game developers Crystal Dynamics is scheduled to appear at a special panel hosted by Google next week at it’s GDC event. The new Avengers project was teased back in January 2017 and it could very well be possible that this project will be on full display there, though no official announcement regarding the project’s presence has been made just yet. The announcement of Crystal Dynamics’ arrival came from the Google Developers Twitter account. Check out the full announcement in the post below.

The very last update fans got regarding the Crystal Dynamics Avengers was back in December 2018 when creative director and writer for the untitled Avengers project Shaun Escayg took to Twitter to share the following statement with his fans ensuring that the studio is “hard at work” on the new game.

Sega, ID Software, Bethesda, Ubisoft, EA, and now Square Enix (Crystal Dynamics owner).

It's already been ruled out that Googles upcoming consoles isn't running android games, and this makes it seem like it's going to be more than just a streaming consoles as well. Tomorrow is the day the excitement will happen prepare yourselves!

CyberPanda

Banned
Avengers_Endgame_Ant_Man_Suit_Marvel.jpg

Sega, ID Software, Bethesda, Ubisoft, EA, and now Square Enix (Crystal Dynamics owner).

It's already been ruled out that Googles upcoming consoles isn't running android games, and this makes it seem like it's going to be more than just a streaming consoles as well. Tomorrow is the day the excitement will happen prepare yourselves!

Google is getting serious! Good!

Bryank75

Banned
I wouldn't get a console for a Crystal Dynamics game. Plus, the way Avengers and Marvel are going, I might not bother at all.

trikster40

Still not even sure WHY google feels the need to enter the console market. They’ve got the search engine market cornered, a good chunk of mobile space, and why risk entering a market that can’t (probably) support 4 machines.

4 consoles enter, only 3 (or 2) can leave.

CyberPanda

Banned
Still not even sure WHY google feels the need to enter the console market. They’ve got the search engine market cornered, a good chunk of mobile space, and why risk entering a market that can’t (probably) support 4 machines.

They are entering to make more money. Greed never ends for any corporation.

So is this google console streaming only? Its fine for me on the weekends when I'm working. I can stream on there WI fi but what about the millions of people like myself who have data caps though Comcast and at&t?.streaming games is gonna eat that up. Thats why I like gamepass I dl the game and play it. If i need to stream I can do that while not at home. If its a streaming only box just seems like a bad idea. I know microsoft is rumored to be. Doing streaming and a new console. That seems more feasable

Odinnii

That sounds great and all but I can’t get hype not Knowing what kind of system google is planning to announce.
Please let it be a real next gen console and not some streaming stick thing.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
After the whole situation with James Damore and his unfair firing - I am not going to be picking this console up. Google can rightly fuck themselves. Plus Crystal Dynamics games are not something to buy a console over.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
After the whole situation with James Damore and his unfair firing - I am not going to be picking this console up. Google can rightly fuck themselves. Plus Crystal Dynamics games are not something to buy a console over.

Not to mention, if one thinks Sony's current censorship and woke culture in gaming are bad... Google is modus operandi, down to assisting China and the like. All while collecting your data 24/7 and selling it to the highest bidder.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member

They need to invest their profits as othwise they would have to pay more taxes and looking at the fact that the subscription model (PS+, Gamepass etc) is on the rise it seems like a smart business to try and tap into that.

JimiNutz

Banned
Google are going to need a lot of exclusives to pull people away from platforms that they are already invested in. One or two timed exclusives surely won't be enough.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
This is all because of the success of fortnite.
I doubt that. If the console is anywhere close to release (so ready in time for Xbox 4 and PlayStation 5), it has been planned well before Fortnite was a success.

Top Bottom