• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered Trilogy - Teaser Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Crysis Remastered Trilogy is coming to consoles and PC this fall! You’ll visit the dangerous North Korean islands, save humanity from a deadly virus in New York City and uncover the truth about C.E.L.L.

Crytek today announced that the Crysis Remastered Trilogy will launch for consoles and PC this fall. The Crysis Remastered Trilogy features the single-player remasters of Crysis, Crysis 2, and Crysis 3, optimized in partnership with Saber Interactive for today's consoles and PC hardware. The three-game bundle will be available on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and for PC, with the game playing even smoother on next gen PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. Crysis Remastered is available for these platforms now, and the remasters of Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 will also be made available separately.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Hench game, look at that suit with the muscle strands, please no soy boys for fat face Horizon fans just solid gangster gamers sipping on cheap Whisky and snorting heavily cut yayo to play this.

Vick

Gold Member
Given Saber Interactive allegedly managed to implement Halk Hogan's textures into The Witcher 3, would be reasonable to expect MaLDo's work featured in this?

fatmarco

Missing Warhead is deeply frustrating.

I genuinely got confused about some levels from Warhead thinking they were in vanilla Crysis and then was disappointed when they weren't.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I really hope these "remasters" do enough to get the series started back up and I REALLY hope they go back to the Crysis 1 design philosophy. They tried to CoD up Crysis after the success of Modern Warfare and the series never quite recovered.

Crysis was unique because it was different than the bog-standard shooters of it's release era. I still think Crysis 1/Warhead on Delta difficulty is one of the best shooters ever made. You can't hear what the A.I. is doing as they speak Korean and you are forced to manage your nano-suit powers in smart ways to be effective. You can't just slap on optic-camo or shield and run through the level or just be rambo, you have to think about what you are doing and it's a very rewarding game to play if you are willing to challenge yourself.

Problem with Crysis 1's remaster is that people just wanted a power trip so they play it on normal/easy, slap on armor/camo mode and just blaze through the game, which under those circumstances, is just kind of boring and it's visual splendor isn't as impressive today as it was back in '07 so when not challenged or amazed by the visuals, it feels underwhelming. If you challenge yourself, you'd see the game has a lot to offer and rewards creativity and skill/patience in big ways if you are willing to bump that difficulty up.

It's a shame that Crysis just fell into the bog-standard CoD clone rut common with a lot of shooters chasing that money in those days and then having to make design concessions to fit it on the consoles of the time for Crysis sequels really hurt it too. Crysis and Far Cry battling head-to-head was awesome and once Crysis stopped being competition for Far Cry, they kind of stop innovating with Far Cry.

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
After that miserable abortion they released recently on consoles, they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

200.gif

Patrick S.

Banned
lol so they sell you a half baked remaster for full price, and a couple months later they sell you a full trilogy for five bucks more, check.

Last edited:
yeah I remember they really fixed the engine in warhead. But the game itself was forgettable at best

A lot of fans consider Warhead the best entry in the series. Its leaner than Crysis 1 and works its strenghts more than the original. Thinking Crysis 2 is the best is certainly not a thing shared by many people

ANIMAL1975

Crysis running in the Switch

Sad American Horror Story GIF by AHS

200.gif

And there it was, the eldritch portal,
I see the end and the beginning...
In each others arms.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
lol so they sell you a half baked remaster for full price, and a couple months later they sell you a full trilogy for five bucks more, check.
Crysis 1 remaster was like $20 at launch and has been on sale cheaper than that since.

Last edited:

fatmarco

Using the worst version of the original Crysis, for a comparison of this remaster, is cheating.
Also I'd argue elements of that console release of Crysis 1 still look better.

In that opening shot the way the mountain is lit/ the textures and trees on the ps3/360 version look to my eye better. Those elements at least mask the low polygon count of the mountain.

And I think just in general, the new version of Crysis 1 lacking any form of colour filter like the PC and console versions had sort of robs it of that "Crysis" aesthetic.

anthony2690

Banned
Apologies for the necrob-bump, I didn't think it was worth making a new thread.

For those that have played the remastered trilogy.
Do these games hold up? Are they worth playing?
It's currently £14.99 for the remastered trilogy and I'm really tempted and think it could tied me over nicely till soul hackers 2. :)

Fake

Apologies for the necrob-bump, I didn't think it was worth making a new thread.

For those that have played the remastered trilogy.
Do these games hold up? Are they worth playing?
It's currently £14.99 for the remastered trilogy and I'm really tempted and think it could tied me over nicely till soul hackers 2. :)

Depends. I got my copy after Digital Foundry Video, but I must say I kinda dissapointed with the game inself.

Can't say for PC, played on base PS4, but there are lot of incosistences in the game. And will never get patch up because Cryteak already move on to the next Crysis, aka Crysis 4.

If you want to know more, I suggest go to the Crysis reddit. For my experience is a mix bag package, but I'm a Crysis fan myself, already have others copies.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I bought the remaster trilogy on Xbox in the new sale.

Playing Crysis 1 and it seems to look and play pretty well. Quality mode is 4K/60 FPS and so far it seems like a very consistent performing game to me (VRR probably helping). The IQ is very clean and I'm happy with the results so far. Last time I played Crysis was the 360 version so it's a massive improvement for me.

anthony2690

Banned
I bought the remaster trilogy on Xbox in the new sale.

Playing Crysis 1 and it seems to look and play pretty well. Quality mode is 4K/60 FPS and so far it seems like a very consistent performing game to me (VRR probably helping). The IQ is very clean and I'm happy with the results so far. Last time I played Crysis was the 360 version so it's a massive improvement for me.
I'll be on series X with vrr, so it would be quite an improvement, I'm honestly more interested in 2 and 3 in the bundle though, as they are more linear shooters right?

Where as 1 is more open world like far cry? Or am I horribly wrong? (I'm sure I've seen far cry comparisons in the past)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'll be on series X with vrr, so it would be quite an improvement, I'm honestly more interested in 2 and 3 in the bundle though, as they are more linear shooters right?

Where as 1 is more open world like far cry? Or am I horribly wrong? (I'm sure I've seen far cry comparisons in the past)

To my recollection 1 is the most open one of them, for 2 they really wanted to console-ize it so it's a linear game with "wide linear" hallways, the third one I've only played once in my life so I have very little memories but from what I remember it was a hybrid of 1 and 2, linear progression but in bigger sandbox-ey zones you can tackle either stealthily or like an action shooter.

Top Bottom