• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crossplay and cross-save coming to Warframe for PC, Xbox, PS, Switch and Android/iOS

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
And there we go. The thing that will drag me back into Warframe as one of my main games. If I can finally use my Excalibur Prime on multiple devices, I would be very happy.

And there we go. The thing that will drag me back into Warframe as one of my main games. If I can finally use my Excalibur Prime on multiple devices, I would be very happy.
Hopefully all of that carries over as well between platforms (haven't gotten to watch the video yet, so not sure if it's confirmed it not)

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Hopefully all of that carries over as well between platforms (haven't gotten to watch the video yet, so not sure if it's confirmed it not)
It would be a massive waste of time if they were still going to lock inventories to platforms. They basically need to do exactly what Destiny 2 does. I suspect that IS what they'll do, because it would be stupid and suicidal not to.

Sony will forever be salty about this one. Tencent gets whatever they want.

I remmber when I was interested in this game, the color palette just doesnt speak to me.

manfestival

This is great news! finally reason for me to want to come back instead of forcing myself to play it on ps4

give me that beautiful pc experience I abandoned many moons ago

Banned
well fucking FINALLY! I might actually start playing it again. a friend of mine wanted to start it but my main account is on Xbox and I actually didn't want to start all over again on PS4, maybe now is the time to get around to it again

edit: "in development" not even a date? ok this will take a year at least, they are extremely slow with these updates

Last edited:
That’s pretty awesome. I wish more MP games had cross progression but I guess it’s a hard no from publishers thanks to Sony demanding “lost revenue”.

Mr Hyde

Nice. Time to install Warframe on Switch and carry over my save to PS5. Have several hundred hours on Switch and I couldn't muster playing it all over again on PS5. What a great feature.

Vindicator

The kuva lich rng/forma overkill for those weapons made me stop grinding this game, still playing it from time to time nonetheless.
Curious how this will affect the plat economy and Tennogen stuff.

Banned
Nice. Time to install Warframe on Switch and carry over my save to PS5. Have several hundred hours on Switch and I couldn't muster playing it all over again on PS5. What a great feature.

well, remember doing that in about 12months.

they didn't even give a date, just said it's "in development", and DE is extremely slow with updates and regularly delays them by a lot... so don't expect this to come out any time soon

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

they didn't even give a date, just said it's "in development", and DE is extremely slow with updates and regularly delays them by a lot... so don't expect this to come out any time soon
I don't think it's going to take that long. They already showed it working live during the Tennocon which makes me believe most of the work is already done. My bet is October.

Banned
I don't think it's going to take that long. They already showed it working live during the Tennocon which makes me believe most of the work is already done. My bet is October.

are all versions of the game synced now? first they have to get that going, because as far as I know, PC is still ahead of Xbox and PS4, and those 2 are ahead of Switch when it comes to updates.

so first they have to bring all of them up to date with PC

CAB_Life

So change it. You can basically modify everything in-game.
My issue was always the claustrophobic field of view. They still haven't changed that far as I've seen. I remember cranking the FoV slider to max and you get like another 1/2 inch of screen. It's very weird.

Banned
My issue was always the claustrophobic field of view. They still haven't changed that far as I've seen. I remember cranking the FoV slider to max and you get like another 1/2 inch of screen. It's very weird.

the max fov absolutely enough IMO, way wider than most 3rd person games

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

are all versions of the game synced now? first they have to get that going, because as far as I know, PC is still ahead of Xbox and PS4, and those 2 are ahead of Switch when it comes to updates.

so first they have to bring all of them up to date with PC
All versions are synced at the moment. Major story content updates are delivered at the same time too. All they have to do now is wait a little bit more and release updates on all platforms at the same time from now on. That's a non issue.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Daily login rewards will be so easy now. Straight from the bed when waking up lol.

Also if you're ever in need of a railjack crew member or just want to do some farming/missions together I'm yer guy. I've got the same nick in the game as well. :lollipop_grinning_eyes:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Free-to-play online shooter Warframe has finally added cross-platform play, allowing players on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch to build up their teams and experience missions together in pure action. Digital Extremes also detailed in a blog post what's available in the cross-platform play and how players can enable the much-awaited feature from the options menu.

Players can now toggle cross-platform play by heading to the System section from the options menu. It will allow players to join other squads and give access to public matchmaking to complete missions with friends on different platforms. Regardless of what platform you and your friends use to play Warframe, joining Tenno's Squad or using public matchmaking are your options for taking on enemies side by side. You can also use chat to coordinate your team to complete missions successfully.

Cross-platform play also allows players on different platforms to meet in relays and visit dojos — shared environments where the members of your clan can benefit from many advantages. Moreover, numeric suffixes have also been added to cross-platform play, helping players identify other members of the squad who have the same name across platforms. They can find their suffix by heading to their profile in the game menu. There will also be a cross-platform icon next to players' names, showing from which platform they are joining your team.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I am fucking back baby! The only reason I haven't been playing it is because I wanna play on PC and didn't want to start over. Stupid excited for this

Banned

hey look at that... it was even more than 12 months...
also Cross Progression is still not a thing only Cross Play.
So, yeah...

if these devs announces something new, expect it to take at the very least 12 months, and realistic almost 2 years

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

hey look at that... it was even more than 12 months...
also Cross Progression is still not a thing only Cross Play.
So, yeah...

if these devs announces something new, expect it to take at the very least 12 months, and realistic almost 2 years

I'd forgotten about this. I'm not into Warframe anymore. Tired of F2P and their never ending grind. I don't think even cross-save can ignite my interest in this game.

Banned
How is a mobile phone going to be able to run this?

Switch can and most phones are far more powerful

this ☝️

although saying that most phones are more powerful is not true.
high end and upper mid range phones are, but mid range phones (the most common ones sold) are not, especially if you include the overhead Android has and the way more restrained thermals that downclock your phone after a few minutes of consistent stress.

Top Bottom