• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion | Review Thread

wvnative

What? New music arrangements and summon cinematics aren't remasters lol.

Music barely sounds different... And new summon animations hardly qualify as remake territory.

Anyway all i meant was that this is not like FF7R. This is still very much like the OG CC.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
NGL, I'm just a little bit bummed that there is absolutely *NO* new content in this.

I was expecting it to have an updated or expanded post-credits scene to factor in VIIR's ending or hint at Rebirth.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Anyway all i meant was that this is not like FF7R.
I highly enjoyed FFVIIR but that game is no “remake “. It’s straight up sequel/alternative to original FFVII.

Crisis Core Reunion is similar to Shadow of the Colossus on PS4, they update the graphics little to its gameplay but for most part it still same game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
As expected. Swimming in 7s.
75088-619.jpg

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Valonquar

I enjoyed it on PSP but I don't see it translating as well to a couch game. Def not at release price... I guess they are changing the ending somehow if they are tying it into the remake?

Synless

NGL, I'm just a little bit bummed that there is absolutely *NO* new content in this.

I was expecting it to have an updated or expanded post-credits scene to factor in VIIR's ending or hint at Rebirth.
This is confirmed?I was certain something was different… they changed his Buster sword design in game and cgi.

Last edited:

adamsapple

This is confirmed?I was certain something was different… they changed his Buster sword design in game and cgi.

“Various improvements have been made to nearly all other scenes and battles, to a point where it could be said that the work we are doing is akin to creating a ‘remake,’” producer Mariko Sato says. “However, as the core elements such as the story are grounded in the original work, we call it a ‘remaster.’

A couple of the reviews on youtube also mentioned this that there is no additional content.

Kimahri

Banned
yes that one and boo why i know its not good but its not shit is it?
No, it's not shit at all. It's just pretty mediocre, but I quite frankly enjoyed it more than crisis core.

It has an interesting character and the music is fucking god tier (masashi hamauzu who did FFXIII and FFVIIRemake).

I believe it's a game that could be great given a fresh coat of paint. Just tighten up the gameplay and sprinkle some new spice on top and it should be pretty cool.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Game looks solid enough, but I'll wait for it to go on sale or drop on PS Extra. There's just too many megatons dropping this end year and early 2023.

Sorry Michael Caine GIF

Kadve

do you think se will remaster doc the ps2 game?
We will kinda. Ever Crisis is confirmed to eventually cover the entire compilation. Even a video game version of Advent Children.

It will be as a RPG though rather than a TPS. In the style FFXV Pocket Edition.

Last edited:

rkofan87

Gold Member
We will kinda. Ever Crisis is confirmed to eventually cover the entire compilation. Even a video game version of Advent Children.

It will be as a RPG though rather than a TPS. In the style FFXV Pocket Edition.
i hope ever crisis comes to console i am not a phone game guy.

Reactions: Isa

KrisB

Reviews looking really good. Got my preorder in yesterday. Loved the original on the PSP so looking forward to this one as it feels like forever since playing it.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I got mine early (Saturday), spent around 8 hours on the game over the weekend. Impressions of PS5 version:

I did spend about 4 hours doing nothing but missions, so I am level 27 but from a story progression perspective:
I JUST got to the Church/Sector 5 slums.

Graphics 8/10 - The environments look great esp if they are working with the original assets from CC (I doubt this...looks like more work has gone into the environments, enemies, attacks, etc). There are some rough looking background images (in the far background) but I am very happy with what they have turned in for this game. I have no issues with the "remake" word* being used (literally and figuratively) for this game.

Music 7/10 - Its a final fantasy game...you know what you are getting here.
Mechanics 15/10 - I really like all the changes they made to the combat, missions, and story flow. The game just works better (imo) than it did on PSP. Load times are basically non-existent on the PS5 and you can get into the action of the game very quickly with little waiting.
Performance - Everything is smooth: no visual tearing, FPS is great with no dips that I have been able to detect.

Looking forward to finishing this is again. I had a blast with this on PSP and I am having a great time on PS5 as well.

Last edited:
I know I played this and liked it enough to finish it on PSP but I couldn't tell you anything about it, lol. Might check it out in the New Year after I've finished some of what I'm playing now (or see if it goes on sale for Boxing Day).

NieR is basically a complete remake. This sounds like a Remake Jr.
It’s literally the exact same thing as NieR Replicant minus the additional 1-2 hours of gameplay content. The battle system was overhauled, new summon CGI cutscenes, vastly upgraded visuals, new voice acting.

Wonder if they changed the story to line up with the remake?

They did not

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member

Johnny loves it and never played the PSP version. edit- lol, he just said it's a potential GOTY for him.

Skimming through the thread comments, seems like people are a bit down on this game? Crisis Core is a blast, it's nothing mind blowing but just go in expecting to play a quick and engaging RPG with just deep enough systems and a really solid narrative. Zack and Aerith are great in this game. Just have fun with it, don't expect to have your mind blown.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
People need to learn the difference between bad voice acting and bad dialogue. PSP Crisis Core (largely) has talented voice actors. It’s the dialogue that’s utter trash.
Is there a difference? If it’s got retarded writing and corny anime-style direction, then the voice acting coming out of my speakers is bad. Doesn’t really matter whether the voice actors are good at their jobs or not.

Is there a difference? If it’s got retarded writing and corny anime-style direction, then the voice acting coming out of my speakers is bad. Doesn’t really matter whether the voice actors are good at their jobs or not.
You can tell when a voice actor is good or not by how forced it sounds. A good voice actor will still sound convincing/natural despite a shitty script. For example, this applies to the original VA for Zack. The current one? Well…

Gambit2483

Also on the switch, where I am playing them (outside of Valkyrie profile , which somehow didn't get a port). I really dig playing these. Better then much of the woke or broke shit that comes out today.
Getting this on Switch as well. The core game design was meant for portable/quick session play, perfect for the Switch.

adamsapple

You can tell when a voice actor is good or not by how forced it sounds. A good voice actor will still sound convincing/natural despite a shitty script. For example, this applies to the original VA for Zack. The current one? Well…

yeaaaaaaaaaah that's been my one big negative with all the footage coming out.

Rick Gomez's Zack was incredibly charming. The new one is too .. nasly .. for the lack of a better word.

Top Bottom