• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion | Review Thread

blackjon24

Loving the effort put into this. Definitely some relic of it being a psp game but the new combat animation are so smooth and i like having more agency on the roulette now. Without question the best way to play this game.

I hope this does well and encourages square to put more budget/time into bringing classics to the modern age. It makes all the difference!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Game doesn't support HDR.
That's disappointing.

Last edited:

nikos

PC port seems good other than not supporting ultrawide, which was sort of expected but also disappointing.

Having fun with the game otherwise.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Who is this guy and why should we care? LOL
Let me post some random guy too then

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Quite possibly the dumbest take I've ever seen on this forum.

You should be ashamed of yourself. At the very least, watch some of his videos and then reflect on your ridiculous comment and how stupid you feel.

Johnny is a stand up guy who has been making quality content since the early days of YouTube.

I've never played this game before but I loved the Final Fantasy VII Remake so it seemed to be a logical purchase. Got the game today for my PS5 and while the game itself is good, I am a bit surprised at how simple it all feels and the graphics aren't as good as I thought they would be, with noticeable aliasing on the backgrounds and, especially, the characters' hair. Visuals aside though the game is enjoyable enough but clearly designed for a limited console with its small levels and random enemy encounters (which I have personally never really been a huge fan of which is why I liked the FFVII Remake more than the original game).

Xeaker

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Quite possibly the dumbest take I've ever seen on this forum.

You should be ashamed of yourself. At the very least, watch some of his videos and then reflect on your ridiculous comment and how stupid you feel.

Johnny is a stand up guy who has been making quality content since the early days of YouTube.

Don't know him, don't care. :messenger_sun:

Power Pro

Seeing games like this running on my Switch still make me wonder why some games aren't on the platform. It looks great, and I forget I'm playing on "inferior hardware." You can see the PSP roots in some of the simple animation at times, and this is clearly a more budget title, but it's still got some great looking character models and environments. From just an artistic standpoint, it looks real close to FF7 remake at times.

Sure, it's got more closed off areas, but the game's still fun to play, and that's what matters. The Switch version is clearly running at a lower resolution, but the framerate is solid.

RagnarokIV

Worth getting on the steam sale? Vaguely remember playing it on PSP and it was cool to see VII areas in 3D but can't remember much else.

BrunoCoel

Worth getting on the steam sale? Vaguely remember playing it on PSP and it was cool to see VII areas in 3D but can't remember much else.

If you liked the PSP version then this remaster is worth it since it has some new QoL features also the graphics and voiceover are much better this time around.

Top Bottom