• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION | Launch Trailer

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m looking forward to this but I hope people come to this game with realistic expectations.

They improved the visuals and characters models but this still a remaster of PSP game, the level design is very small and combat is simple because of its PSP origin.

Last edited:

MAtgS

I’m looking forward to this but I hope people come to this game with realistic expectations.

They improved the visuals and characters models but this still a remaster of PSP game, the level design is very small and combat is simple because of its Tabatha origin.
FTFY

diffusionx

Gold Member

Why do people still do soyface on these videos?

Anyway I played this game during the pandemic on PSP, I remember playing it while waiting to go into the grocery store, lol what a time.

I thought it was cool and liked the combat more than I did in FF7R. It’s a good game but I am not sure how it is going to go over in 2022 on consoles and PC.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Why do people still do soyface on these videos?

Anyway I played this game during the pandemic on PSP, I remember playing it while waiting to go into the grocery store, lol what a time.

I thought it was cool and liked the combat more than I did in FF7R. It’s a good game but I am not sure how it is going to go over in 2022 on consoles and PC.
Seems like it would be perfect on Steam Deck tbh given the PSP roots.

MrMephistoX

Again, FTFY.
Not really Switch 2 perhaps but Switch can’t even run 20 year old PC ports like KOTOR well at this point. It’s a shame too because the Steam deck can’t hold a candle to Nintendo’s hardware design but the system is far more capable.

Last edited:

MAtgS

Not really Switch 2 perhaps but Switch can’t even run 20 year old PC ports like KOTOR well at this point. It’s a shame too because the Steam deck can’t hold a candle to Nintendo’s hardware design but the system is far more capable.
You realize that's more due to Aspyr not all that great at optimizing ports, right?

manzo

Couldn't give a damn about some dude reacting. Faceless gameplay and side by side comparisons? Great! A guy making an "O" face? Hard, hard pass.

Why the hell are reaction vids a thing? Do people really care how someone OVER reacts to a game? Isnt it better to simply see what the game looks and plays like?

Maybe Im just old.

It’s plain Youtube meta. The O-face reaction actually works great with the recommendation engine and boosts visibility. People do it just to game the system.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Couldn't give a damn about some dude reacting. Faceless gameplay and side by side comparisons? Great! A guy making an "O" face? Hard, hard pass.

Why the hell are reaction vids a thing? Do people really care how someone OVER reacts to a game? Isnt it better to simply see what the game looks and plays like?

Maybe Im just old.
That guy was a member here once back in the day. Also he's VERY passionate/soylent over anything FF VII related. In the subcategory of "VII" fan not an FF fan.

I'm actually pre ordering this on PS5 day one. I must be out of my fucking mind.

God Zack’s voice is atrocious. I don’t care if that’s rude.

That being said, I’m overall very impressed by the visual upgrades, updated CG portraits, updated CG summon sequences, and the revamped (thank goodness) battle system. Diehard FF fan so I’ll be getting this… though I didn’t like the story back in 2007 as an 11-year-old so I’ll probably despise it now lol

Last edited:

Freeman76

FF7 is one of my all time great gaming memories. Never even looked at this game before as i thought it was some crappy arcade spin off for PSP, am I wrong about this?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
FF7 is one of my all time great gaming memories. Never even looked at this game before as i thought it was some crappy arcade spin off for PSP, am I wrong about this?
Awesome game at the time, today I have to wonder if the level design limits of that portable era translates decently to home console. Btw best ff7 spin off so far regardless of the shortcomings.

saintjules

Maybe Im just old.

You don't have to care obviously, but you clearly don't know who Max is, otherwise you would know about his reaction vids and his support on FF, specially the VII series.

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
You don't have to care obviously, but you clearly don't know who Max is, otherwise you would know about his reaction vids and his support on FF, specially the VII series.
Maybe post some context to the video rather than just embedding it then. If he is some kind of FF7 expert and you gave that context, then people might think differently of it. Those that already know are probably interested enough to have subbed to his YT channel and will see it anyway.

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
It looks to be a pretty good remaster. After some of the previous SE remaster works I was pretty reluctant but based on previews and what I’ve seen so far I am quite positive about this one.

Kimahri

Banned
Zack's new voice actor is absolutely horrible. It had a huge negative impact on my time with the game. Thr delivery is wooden, flat and I blame both the direction and the actor. As if that's not enough his voice is just naturally nasal and annoying to listen to. God awful choice.

I shudder to think about him showing up more in Part 2.

The improved combat system is super fun though.

Kadve

Wow Squenix. You're really expecting people to have already played CC by releasing a trailer like this.

I don't think there was a single twist that wasn't spoiled here.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
No thanks, all the FF7 extended universe stuff has just retroactively made the original worse. That trailer was some Kingdom Hearts-level cringe.
nani GIF

Be ashamed of your disrespect for Lord Nomura.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Wow Squenix. You're really expecting people to have already played CC by releasing a trailer like this.

I don't think there was a single twist that wasn't spoiled here.
They're notorious for doing this in all their Final Fantasy marketing. Just something to remember for XVI. They spoiled mainline games multiple times.

You realize that's more due to Aspyr not all that great at optimizing ports, right?

Not only that but 13 Sentinels, Persona 5 Royal and Nier Automata are modern games that run great on Switch. I remember playing Nier Automata on Steam when it came out and the game was optimized poorly. My PC build should be able to handle that game back than. So I agree Power isn't everything. I'm curious how the Crisis Core Remastered runs on Switch though.

But hey they will keep blaming it on Switch hardware when it's just third parties being lazy lol

Last edited:

Kadve

By the way, is Gackt still voicing genesis in this? If anything they would probably have to pay him licensing rights for using the character.

(Edit). Yep, he is.

Last edited:

stranno

They should have remade all CGI cutscenes in real time. Those badly upscaled videos will look bad in this remake. Hope they have remade, at least, the Angeal vs Genesis vs Sephiroth battle, probably one of the TOP10 cutscenes in any Final Fantasy.

squallheart

The story in that game was awful and I don't see the battle system working well without major changes. Likely going to pass.

Pretty much a big nope for me. Played the original and didn't enjoy it and all I had to do was hit x to win xD. I'll wait for the 10 dollar version.

Top Bottom