• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cringe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
200w.gif

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Soon as they go out and get a job in the real world and hear the words ‘no you can’t do that’ they’ll be off to their safe spaces anyway.

"Cosby relied upon the district attorney’s declination and proceeded to provide four sworn depositions. During those depositions, Cosby made several incriminating statements. D.A. Castor’s successors did not feel bound by his decision, and decided to prosecute Cosby notwithstanding that prior undertaking. "

Hinedorf

Banned

"Cosby relied upon the district attorney’s declination and proceeded to provide four sworn depositions. During those depositions, Cosby made several incriminating statements. D.A. Castor’s successors did not feel bound by his decision, and decided to prosecute Cosby notwithstanding that prior undertaking. "

BEAT ME TOO IT!

GymWolf

They were asked. The person doing the interview was just being respectful. Nothing cringe about it.
And how does it make any less stupid?!

I never said that the trans person was the crazy one, they both are.

I don't think that you understand what people is laughing at in that video, hint, it's not the trans person going into a job interview.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
And how does it make any less stupid?!

I never said that the trans person was the crazy one, they both are.

I don't think that you understand what people is laughing at in that video, hint, it's not the trans person going into a job interview.

It's cringe asking a tans person, who you're meeting for the first time, what their preferred pronouns are?? Really? That's cringe?

Come on, FFS. That's not cringe. That's common courtesy.

GymWolf

It's cringe asking a tans person, who you're meeting for the first time, what their preferred pronouns are?? Really? That's cringe?

Come on, FFS. That's not cringe. That's common courtesy.
Dude if someone asked me what my preferred pronouns are, i would laugh in his face, that they\them thing is some stupid ass made up shit.

IDKFA

Dude if someone asked me what my preferred pronouns are, i would laugh in his face, that they\them thing is some stupid ass made up shit.

I'm assuming your not trans?

I work with two trans people. They're not offended if somebody calls them he (both are transitioning into women), but they would prefer for people to ask them what they're preferred pronouns are.

GymWolf

I'm assuming your not trans?

I work with two trans people. They're not offended if somebody calls them he (both are transitioning into women), but they would prefer for people to ask them what they're preferred pronouns are.
It's not a trans thing, it's a moronic thing, being referred as them\they for a single person is just stupid dude.

We have a beloved trans person here on gaf (at least the one that i can remember) and even her think that this shit is bananas.

Last edited:

IDKFA

It's not a trans thing, it's a moronic thing, being referred as them\they for a single person is just stupid dude.

We have a beloved trans person here on gaf (at least the one that i can remember) and even her think that this shit is bananas.

Whatever mate. I don't speak for the trans community, but I've always thought it was just common courtesy to ask if you're unsure.

GymWolf

Whatever mate. I don't speak for the trans community, but I've always thought it was just common courtesy to ask if you're unsure.
Trans community doesn't have or deserve any special treatment when it comes to english language.

They\them is plural and it is fucking stupid to use for a single person.

And if you think that more tha one person live in your body there is a term for that and it is called bipolarism, a mental condition.

IDKFA

Trans community doesn't have or deserve any special treatment when it comes to english language.

They\them is plural and it is fucking stupid to use for a single person.

And if you think that more tha one person live in your body there is a term for that and it is called bipolarism, a mental condition.

It's not special treatment, nor does it have anything to do with bipolar.

GymWolf

It's not special treatment, nor does it have anything to do with bipolar.
Asking to be called with some made up shit is not a special treatment?!

Do you think normal people need to memorize all these fucking pronouns that 1% of the population use?! Think again.

TheDreadBaron

Gold Member
Here’s my cringey story. In one of my classes we had this person who was weird but tolerable, just a kind of an artsy girl. Then the next year I had them in a public speaking class and they had gone in deep. They were wearing a bad wig and took literally every chance they had to tell everyone about how they were a collective consciousness of over a hundred different people and that it was totally a real thing. All of their speeches in class were shoehorned into being speeches on how this was totally real and not made up. The fucked up thing is we all just had to act like it was legit because no one was going to try to challenge this clearly mentally ill person, but having to sit through those speeches was the most uncomfortable and cringey shit I have experienced. Yikes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom