• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crimson Desert delayed to unannounced date

sublimit

Banned
Pearl Abyss has delayed open world action adventure game Crimson Desert from its previously planned 2021 release window to an unannounced date. It will be available for console and PC.

Here is the full message from the development team on the delay:

Since Crimson Desert‘s gameplay trailer reveal last year, the response we received from the community has been a huge source of encouragement for our team. We would like to thank you for the amazing support and enthusiasm you’ve shown for our reveal.
We are currently hard at work developing Crimson Desert, which is rapidly evolving with new adventures and exciting experiences. However, we have decided that we need to dedicate to adding new ideas for an even deeper, more enriching game. Therefore, in order to create the best possible experience, all the while ensuring the health and safety of everyone involved in delivering the game, we have decided to delay Crimson Desert‘s release. We will provide an updated schedule in the future.
Thank you for your ongoing support. We wish you and your loved ones the best of health, and we’ll keep working hard so that we can meet all of you soon in Pywel.
—The Crimson Desert Team

For those who don't remember it here's the 2020 trailer

SinDelta

Legit thought this was Dragon's Dogma 2 or Deep Down when it was first revealed. Looks amazing and if it is a single player RPG instead of yet another online grindfest MMO even better.

With all the delays in the industry so far this year 2022 is going to be a banger year.
2022 might very well eclipse 2017 in regards to gaming.

Last edited:

Outlier

First time seeing this and wow. The visuals and character models are AMAZING. Animations are still a thorn in devs side, though.

Even thought I never played BDO i got huge vibes there was a connection, but once the combat start it clicked.

I'll be cautiously optimistic, but only for the hope that the combat won't be as ridiculous, as presented here. Not my style.

Freeman76

Fucking stop announcing release windows/dates until you are 1,000 percent sure you can hit it. This is the thing that annoys me the most about this industry
Just assume they will never hit release date and then you wont get so stressed about things you have no control over. We weren't in a pandemic when they announced it, you might be aware this covid things has impacted working conditions in some countries?

Umbasaborne

Banned
Just assume they will never hit release date and then you wont get so stressed about things you have no control over. We weren't in a pandemic when they announced it, you might be aware this covid things has impacted working conditions in some countries?
This happens when covid isnt a thing to. Covid isnt a blanket excuse. No need to announce a release date until you are 100 percent sure you can hit it.

Larxia

Fucking stop announcing release windows/dates until you are 1,000 percent sure you can hit it. This is the thing that annoys me the most about this industry
I really don't understand why people get so angry with delayed projects.

Being disappointed because you were excited for a game, I can understand it, but I always see people getting SO mad, it's just weird to me. You will play it at a later date, I don't see what's so bad about it, it's not like you won't have any other games to play in the mean time.

It feels like people make huge commitment with unreleased games, taking hollidays years in advance for the release or whatever.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Lack of transparency is the issue. Be honest with your consumers and if you are incapable of meeting the deadlines you set for yourself you tell your userbase it will be ready when it's ready and do not announce the game 10 years before it is released for public use.

Big offenders of this are most MMOs, FFXV, Metroid Prime 4, Bayo 3 among others.

And then you get vaporware like Scalebound or Deep Down. That shit has got to stop.

And if it is just a "Tech Demo" then state it as such.

That's why people get angry.

And stuff like what CDPR pulled doesn't make it much better.

Umbasaborne

Banned

Being disappointed because you were excited for a game, I can understand it, but I always see people getting SO mad, it's just weird to me. You will play it at a later date, I don't see what's so bad about it, it's not like you won't have any other games to play in the mean time.

It feels like people make huge commitment with unreleased games, taking hollidays years in advance for the release or whatever.
Because they shouldnt be announcing release dates until they know they can hit them, its that simple. If you are unsure that you can hit it, then why say anything? All it does is piss off shareholders and customers alike. What the fuck was the point of sony announcing all of those 2021 games when only a small handful actually made it this year? It just seems dishonest as fuck. They were foolish to put a year on any of the games announced last year except for launch titles. I appreciate that guerilla
Was just straight up honest when they said they probably werent gonna make it out this year. They didnt try to hold on to a false release date until the last possible moment of their fiscal quarter, which is what many publishers do. Covid was happening well into the time of the games showcase last year, to be safe they should not have put 2021 on any of those games

It's not really possible to do that. Companies have to announces titles at some point in development because of marketing timings and also budgets.

Even God of War Ragnarok was announced in 2020 for 2021 and then internally delayed withiut announcing an official delay. Games are a lot harder and take longer to make. Get used it, or just quit the hobby if you have no understanding or patience.

CamHostage

I’m getting strong "The Day Before” vibes from this game.

From a Pearl Abyss game? They've actually shipped games. Maybe this could be pulling some marketplace assets and generic attributes, but this studio has real developers making real things using their own tools, not a fly-by-night studio pulling fan-made assets into UE and cloning popular games/action movie scenes for promotional purposes. You can go play Black Desert right now, and Crimson Desert will eventually follow barring some tragic issue.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
Whoa! This thread was started in 2021, and the game was originally going to come out in 2021?? Jeez. It should almost be ready soon

Top Bottom