• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRACKDOWN 3 |OT| The Cloud Only Plays Multiplayer Games. BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
The fact that PC co-op is capped at 30 fps even if you're playing with another PC gamer with an unlocked framerate is a travesty and needs to be addressed asap. There is no excuse that makes sense to justify it.

AnotherOne

Anyone else enjoying the campaign so far? To my surprise I'm having fun especially with the grenade launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:

RPS37

I’m level 3 everything except driving and I can’t tell if I’m forcing myself to play or not.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Congratulations Crackdown 3 team for selling 1 million within the first 24 hours. Once article is fully published, I'll post the link in the reserved spot above.
Like, seriously...Why is no one talking about this? When do we get word? This is a big deal.

Sygma

are the higher level of difficulties affecting leveling ? because its way too fast imho

I play in hard, might restart at the highest level if yes

EBE

Leveling feels about as fast as it was in the first Crackdown. Even conservative players should be hitting rank 4 skills after exploring and completing around third of the map (the Los Muertos controlled sector in the original and the refinery/chem mines here)

Hotspurr

Banned
Played a bit more.
Love the weapon feel, sounds, and explosions.
Game is addicting for sure.
Favorite gun is the one that fragments into multiple mini grenades.

This game reminds me of old school games. Too many games try to be walking simulators or movies these days. I started shadow of the tomb raider and switched to this instead (I love tomb raider). This game is just like "all that matters is that you have nonstop fun". Like a GTA with all the BS removed and where they give you incredible mobility and badass guns.

Calibos

I guess IGN is just trolling as well huh guys? They basically repeated everything I said was wrong with the multiplayer.
IGN Gives Crackdown 3 Multiplayer a 4/10

Wow. Makes you wonder how bad games they canceled like Scalebound were, if they thought this was the game finally worth releasing.

Seriously. Do you guys just salivate over mediocre Xbox games? You never have anything positive to say either, and you rarely contribute to any meaningful conversation...

Why are you here?You are in an OT thread which is generally for people who actually play the game and give opinions or share stories on the game. How are these posts contributing to the Crackdown community?

I pre-ordered and was really worried after the reviews. Finally playing and having louds of fun, so glad I didn't listen to the reviews.

RDR got great reviews and I only played about 3 hours, and probably will never go back, it just wasn't fun. Crackdown 3 is just pure unadulterated fun, the time just flies by when I play this, this hasn't happened in years.

I'm playing both Spiderman and this at the same time. Well not at the same time, I'm dipping in and out of each. Probably have about 20 hours on Spiderman at this point.

Spiderman kicks Crackdown's butt in terms of production values and gameplay mechanics.

HOWEVER....

I can't separate the games in terms of fun. Seriously, I'm pretty much having the same amount of fun with both and that's a great compliment to Crackdown 3. I think Sumo did a great job, as Crackdown 2 shows, it's not easy to make a game feel like Crackdown should but I really think they have nailed it and the small additions they have made to traversal, weapons and enemies have all added to the fun.

And that's why I play videogames yanno?

Mochilador

This game took some inspiration from Resident Evil 2 because it's dark as fuck. Seriously, I had to pump up the brightness.

Last edited:
I just wandered over from the review thread where I left my own, and figured since I found myself enjoying the game I'd see what fun things people are doing in the game that I may still be missing, and somehow the first few posts are shitposts. I don't get it. Constructive criticism is all well and good but the entirety of GAF seems to be just piling on at this point. Feel free to dislike the game but why head into the OT to shit on people that are enjoying it? Most of them haven't played it, or any Xbox game for that matter.

I think I'm more than done with game review sites. No More Heroes on the Switch was pretty soundly beaten up by reviewers and in every review all I could find myself thinking a was "You didn't get it" and after playing this game last night until way too late, I'm looking at the reviews I watched and I'm thinking the same.

This game surprised me. I was on the skeptical side of things up until a bout 5 minutes in. By 15 minutes I was already blasting around like a maniac. I went from skeptical to really enjoying the game in a very short time. I didn't buy this game for the multiplayer at all, I got it hoping for it to be a return to the original Crackdown. I'm playing on PC and everthing is smooth, and I've seen little in the way of hiccups or issues. The music is really good, I actually sat in a few spots to take it in. Voice acting is really good, Terry Crews seems to have put himself behind this character 100%. Michael McConnohie is great as usual, though looking at his history I don't think that's a surprise. Story in the campaign is going really well so far, I love the comic book style cutscenes, and how the city is changing as I fix shit, very similar to Just Cause 3. I like the weapon system, with standard ammo, explosive, and elemental types similar to Borderlands. The gameplay is a shining light in an era of games trying to mimic realty, it's the polar opposite of RDR2 which fels sluggish. Controls are super tight, super fast, and immediate. I know why the animations seem off in the videos I watched now, because they take a backseat to the responsive gameplay. I hit jump and the character is in the air immediately, I change direction and my character is headed that way in a few frames, everything is about speed just like in the first game only it's faster and more responsive than the original. It feels fast like a platformer. No fucking QTEs, no half-hour long cinema scenes, no breaks in the gameplay, just play a fucking game. Thank fuck for that.

The game isn't perfect but I'd rate a game like this higher than some of the GOTY contenders from last year from my time so far. For lack of a better description, it's fucking fast. Go here, blow up this whole area running around at 50mph, now go here, climb and shut down this propaganda tower now go here and oh shit another orb holy fuck I've been colllecting orbs for three hours? Hey fuckface over here come blow up this factory! Hey look a car, shit I've been doing races for an hour now? Oh yeah rooftop foot races are those still here? Holy shit I've been doing roftop races for an hour? How did that happen? Hey look an orb! GO! GO! GO! Fucking acid trip of a game.

Go into your system. The HDR is turned off. Switch it on.

I'm playing on PC and can confirm, non-HDR the game is pretty dark, it's one of the only games I've gone into my monitor settings to adjust for as just changing the brightness setting washes out the game. It's an easy fix though, not a major issue.

Last edited:

Fuser

This is great so far and a worthy sequel to the original crackdown. Having a great time with it.
Also agree review sites are getting further away from my tastes.

Calibos

I just wandered over from the review thread where I left my own, and figured since I found myself enjoying the game I'd see what fun things people are doing in the game that I may still be missing, and somehow the first few posts are shitposts. I don't get it. Constructive criticism is all well and good but the entirety of GAF seems to be just piling on at this point. Feel free to dislike the game but why head into the OT to shit on people that are enjoying it? Most of them haven't played it, or any Xbox game for that matter.

I think I'm more than done with game review sites. No More Heroes on the Switch was pretty soundly beaten up by reviewers and in every review all I could find myself thinking a was "You didn't get it" and after playing this game last night until way too late, I'm looking at the reviews I watched and I'm thinking the same.

This game surprised me. I was on the skeptical side of things up until a bout 5 minutes in. By 15 minutes I was already blasting around like a maniac. I went from skeptical to really enjoying the game in a very short time. I didn't buy this game for the multiplayer at all, I got it hoping for it to be a return to the original Crackdown. I'm playing on PC and everthing is smooth, and I've seen little in the way of hiccups or issues. The music is really good, I actually sat in a few spots to take it in. Voice acting is really good, Terry Crews seems to have put himself behind this character 100%. Michael McConnohie is great as usual, though looking at his history I don't think that's a surprise. Story in the campaign is going really well so far, I love the comic book style cutscenes, and how the city is changing as I fix shit, very similar to Just Cause 3. I like the weapon system, with standard ammo, explosive, and elemental types similar to Borderlands. The gameplay is a shining light in an era of games trying to mimic realty, it's the polar opposite of RDR2 which fels sluggish. Controls are super tight, super fast, and immediate. I know why the animations seem off in the videos I watched now, because they take a backseat to the responsive gameplay. I hit jump and the character is in the air immediately, I change direction and my character is headed that way in a few frames, everything is about speed just like in the first game only it's faster and more responsive than the original. It feels fast like a platformer. No fucking QTEs, no half-hour long cinema scenes, no breaks in the gameplay, just play a fucking game. Thank fuck for that.

The game isn't perfect but I'd rate a game like this higher than some of the GOTY contenders from last year from my time so far. For lack of a better description, it's fucking fast. Go here, blow up this whole area running around at 50mph, now go here, climb and shut down this propaganda tower now go here and oh shit another orb holy fuck I've been colllecting orbs for three hours? Hey fuckface over here come blow up this factory! Hey look a car, shit I've been doing races for an hour now? Oh yeah rooftop foot races are those still here? Holy shit I've been doing roftop races for an hour? How did that happen? Hey look an orb! GO! GO! GO! Fucking acid trip of a game.

I'm playing on PC and can confirm, non-HDR the game is pretty dark, it's one of the only games I've gone into my monitor settings to adjust for as just changing the brightness setting washes out the game. It's an easy fix though, not a major issue.

This is exactly how I feel. The game isn’t some high-brow narrative experience, but somehow managed to go right over peoples heads. It’s a super tight platforming shooter with rpg elements and a whole bunch of shenanigans to get into as you grow in power. It’s satisfying as hell to punch a bad guy a hundred feet across a level or giggle as he just explodes. It’s crazy that I can throw a car covered in explosives at a 3 story mech...I am st a loss as to why this game isn’t more well received...

This game has some insane reflection mapping and texture work going on I didn't even notice at first.

The game makes use of a lot of screen space reflections in puddles and in the rain, but it also uses fallback techniques on almost every shiny object in the game. The barrel I'm holding up in this image is reflecting the reflection of the advertisement. The barrel reflects everything around it from NPCs, to you, to weapon fire.
dUaCauZ.jpg

tpQRHb8.jpg

Hard to catch in images, but the building windows in the game use a similar technique to the one Forza Horizon 4 uses on it's building windows called parallax texture mapping. It's a texture that changes the portrayed geometry based on the player's point of view. it gives the illusion of modeled interiors but is simply one of several layers of textures used to make the windows.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Seems I was mistaken with the original source, but a more accurate one has come with 3 million players, new thread made since it also includes a developer update.
You did mistaken twice.

Neither 1 million or 3 million was announced by devs.

The thread title was fixed by mods... you should fix the thread text too.

Last edited:

ph33rknot

Banned
I'm playing both Spiderman and this at the same time. Well not at the same time, I'm dipping in and out of each. Probably have about 20 hours on Spiderman at this point.

Spiderman kicks Crackdown's butt in terms of production values and gameplay mechanics.

HOWEVER....

I can't separate the games in terms of fun. Seriously, I'm pretty much having the same amount of fun with both and that's a great compliment to Crackdown 3. I think Sumo did a great job, as Crackdown 2 shows, it's not easy to make a game feel like Crackdown should but I really think they have nailed it and the small additions they have made to traversal, weapons and enemies have all added to the fun.

And that's why I play videogames yanno?
I felt spiderman played just like Arkham

r3dzombie

Neo Member
I doubt ill still be playing this in a month, maybe even a week, but the six or so hours ive put in today have been a blast. Its just a lot of fun.

LMJ

Just took down my second actual boss fight, loving the campaign so far, any one who says the gameplay hasn't evolved never played the OG Crackdown...

My only criticism this far I add while the original CD made you feel like a super human, this one makes you feel more bionic...

Any hope for DLC based on the unfortunate reviews?

Fuser

Any hope for DLC based on the unfortunate reviews?
I can't answer your question but it'd be cool if they did the Keys to the City DL.C as they did in the original. They basically gave you a whole load of cheat codes to completely break the game. Was fun!

v0mitg0d

ok I am DONE and never doing the rooftop race Fastest Way Down ever again! I must have played this for over an hour trying to get gold, and it took every fiber of my being to not scream at the TV. The Ground Pound ability is so damn unreliable in accuracy, it drove me crazy.

Here's how I did it, if anyone is interested.

Vasto

I am loving this game. I have no idea how this game got such low review scores.
As a huge Xbox and Crackdown fan its so good to hear these replies from you guys with most of you talking about how you are having a blast playing. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

DOW

Man, I’m having so much fun with this. As a fan of the original I’m loving this one. Blowing everthing up, punching bad guys into oblivion....it’s just fun.

Havoc2049

I am loving this game. I have no idea how this game got such low review scores.
As a huge Xbox and Crackdown fan its so good to hear these replies from you guys with most of you talking about how you are having a blast playing. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Cool that people are enjoying Crackdown 3. I became somewhat sceptical after some the the previews and early reviews. After watching someone play it on Mixer yesterday, it looks like a blast to play and the streamer playing it was having fun and really enjoying the game. Looks like I might pick it up after all.

TLZ

Banned
Cool that people are enjoying Crackdown 3. I became somewhat sceptical after some the the previews and early reviews. After watching someone play it on Mixer yesterday, it looks like a blast to play and the streamer playing it was having fun and really enjoying the game. Looks like I might pick it up after all.
If you're a Crackdown fan, you'll like it. It's typical Crackdown.

Btw the HDR in this game is lovely.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Booted this up and before I knew it 4 hours had passed. Great game, tons of fun, explosions in HDR look really great on the X.

Ignore the hate, enjoy.

ok I am DONE and never doing the rooftop race Fastest Way Down ever again! I must have played this for over an hour trying to get gold, and it took every fiber of my being to not scream at the TV. The Ground Pound ability is so damn unreliable in accuracy, it drove me crazy.

Here's how I did it, if anyone is interested.

I nabbed gold on my first shot on this one, the trick is don't use ground pound at all, it's deceiving. The speed you lose charging and when you land actually eats more time than you save, The trick is to just fall down as much as possible without landing at all after the initial jump, you can skirt the checkpoints as you fall by them and they'll trigger. I got a mid 18s time this way. I could probably shave a second off that time pretty easily if I tried the race a second time.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
I'm enjoying it and think it looks great tbh.

Caayn

My only criticism this far I add while the original CD made you feel like a super human, this one makes you feel more bionic...
I think that I can agree with this feeling. The best example, I think, would be the agility stat. In the original you'd jump higher and thus farther once you gained higher levels. In CD3 you get a double jump and a strafe jump (triple jump?), at least so far I've only gotten to level 3 yet.

Top Bottom