• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRACKDOWN 3 |OT| The Cloud Only Plays Multiplayer Games. BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!

Crackdown-3-1-790x444.jpg

HeartfeltHoarseBeaver-max-1mb.gif
LegalGivingHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developed by:
Cloudgine, Reagent, Ruffian, Microsoft Game Studios(cloud support), Sumo Digital (Primary)
Release Date: February 15th, 2019 Retail (also Available on Xbox Game Pass)
Metacritic: https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/crackdown-3 (review link)
Open Critic: https://opencritic.com/game/1515/crackdown-3 (review link)
Game Length: 15-20 hours long. (Single-Player)
Buy Now or Play Demo: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/crackdown-3

PSA: Destruction is too much to handle for Single-player, so for safety reasons the high-grade and massive destruction features are only available in MP mode(s).

Welcome to the CRACKDOWN 3 OT!!!!!!
(OT made to work with Light and Dark Themes from Neogaf.com)
Time to step up your boom and stop crime as a super-powered Agent in Crackdown 3's sandbox of mayhem and destruction. Explore the heights of a futuristic city, race through the streets in a transforming vehicle, and use your powerful abilities to stop a ruthless criminal empire. Crackdown 3 delivers cooperative mayhem and an all-new multiplayer mode where destruction is your ultimate weapon powered by Microsoft Azure Cloud.

Starring famous Celebrity Terry Crews, the King of BOOM!

ruiz-burgos-crackdown-3-poster.jpg
8143562.jpg

What If I never played the Previous games?
You're in luck! The third game is its own stand-alone story, so you won't get lost in the plot! But as an added bonus both the original Crackdown and Crackdown 2 are not only Backwards compatible through Xbox One for the original 360 released, but also available on Xbox One digital download for an affordable price. It's never been easier to catch-up!

STORY SYNOPSIS

An island "paradise" in the grip of corporate psychopaths, gangsters and butchers, New Providence is home to the highly-secretive and exceedingly-sinister TerraNova Worldwide. Built around the smoldering heart of a volcano only recently and mysteriously reignited, this mega-corp is exploiting every resource in the area – material and human – as they prepare for the next phase of their diabolical plan… and brace for the inevitable showdown with The Agency.

GamePlay Features

POWER-UP YOUR BOOM!

Level up your super-Agent skills to save the city from cold-blooded criminals.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LIFE-LIKE OPEN WORLD AND EXTENSIVE SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN

Play solo or with a friend in co-op to explore an expansive, vertical world.

WRECK HAVOC WITH WEAPONS OF BOOM!

Use an arsenal of weapons and equipment to attack criminal operations and eliminate high-value bosses.

REALISTIC TAXING LIFE-LIKE DESTRUCTION TAKEN TO ANOTHER LEVEL!

Test your skills in an all-new multiplayer competition where destruction is your ultimate weapon against friends and rivals. (PSA: This is for multiplayer only outside scripted events in SP.)

Praise Quotes From The Gaming Industry:

"Even after eradicating all the crime organisations that had took hold of Pacific City I returned time and time again. Why? Because it was fun. And that’s why Crackdown 3 is also such a success. " -GameSpew

"The best leveling rewards I’ve ever seen
Over-the-top, satisfying gameplay
Wrecking Zone’s destructible environments are a sight to behold
" -Gaming Trend

"Crackdown 3 is fun.
If that’s all that matters to you when choosing a game to play, then you can stop reading right now
." - EGM(Electronic Gaming Monthly)

"Crackdown 3 manages to escape its troubled development in style, offering up a somewhat safe return to the superhero cop action of its predecessors in a bright and unpretentious campaign. It feels like the perfect antidote to some of the more bloated open world experiences of recent years " - The SixthAxis
"
This game is Rated M for MASS Destruction! (Game may be too much to handle for kids below 18 as the awesomeness may be beyond your childs comprehension.)

M.png

--------------------------------------------

OT Presented by Voost Kain
w94QJXF.png

Powered by NeoGAF
neogaf.png

Last edited:
... holy shit what a janky game. Ugly as sin, and gameplay just feels old and clunky. Maybe Crackdown was always like this, but I remember it differently.

SP only so far.

xStoyax

Banned
Only 3 Multiplayer Maps (2 of them so similar it took me awhile to realize they were different)
Only 2 Modes
No Leaderboards
No Party
Tons of lag and frame issues
No reason to play more than a day
And severely downgraded over the years.
Multiplayer in Crackdown has NO future. Will be dead in a month. Yet, we'll still hear how many millions are playing because Microsoft will count everyone who paid $2 for Gamepass and who downloaded it and as long as they booted it up then they'll count them as active. Even if they uninstall this trash after a week.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Only 3 Multiplayer Maps (2 of them so similar it took me awhile to realize they were different)
Only 2 Modes
No Leaderboards
No Party
Multiplayer in Crackdown has NO future. Will be dead in a month. Yet, we'll still hear how many millions are playing because Microsoft will count everyone who paid $2 for Gamepass and who downloaded it and as long as they booted it up then they'll count them as active. Even if they uninstall this trash after a week.

Wow.

I don't know what the first true online MP shooter is (was it Doom over dial-up?), but pretty sure whatever game it is has more content than CD3.

Kagey K

Banned
yo is there a character creator?
Nope there is a range of selectable agents with more that you can unlock by finding their DNA on the map.

I’ve had a good deal of fun with this today. Only played campaign solo killed 2 lieutenants and found a ton of orbs. Waiting for a friends copy to unlock tonight so we can coop it.

It’s everything I wanted Crackdown 2 to be, and to be honest I don’t understand all the hate it’s getting in the reviews. I find it funny that even some of the early achievements are still rare (meaning less then 10% of people that played it unlocked them,) which leaves me to question how much some of these reviewers actually played.

If you liked Crackdown 1 and wanted more of it, you will not be dissapointed.

Xenon

Not feeling the OT title. May I suggest...

CRACKDOWN 3 |OT| Partly Cloudy with a heavy chance of BOOMSHAKALAKA!!
!!!

Grinchy

Banned
Ok nice it's available to download before it's available to play.

Man, the Windows store seems to suck just as bad as everyone always says it does. The download speed sucks.

Last edited:
Only 2 Modes
No Leaderboards
No Party

Why you trying so hard to bash it ? This OT thread and let people enjoy the game. Goto review thread and bash there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It's not a game I'll end up playing, but I hope it ends up being the follow-up to the original Crackdown that people have been hungering for.

Grinchy

Banned
Getting a whopping 12 Mbps on the windows store. I guess playing this tonight is completely out of the question.

Only 2 Modes
No Leaderboards
No Party

Since November 27, you've made 22 posts only bashing xbox and its games. Since the beginning of November, you haven't made a single gaming posts that wasn't strictly to put down MS in every way. That's almost 4 months on GAF trolling and shitting up threads with this fan baby fucking nonsense. Enough with your bullshit.

OT.
Absolutely loved the beta. Got 4 hours into just that one mode. MP is such a blast and I love the destruction aspect of getting to your enemies by removing the obstacles instead of going around them. Going to get my sub to gamepass and can't wait to try the campaign and other MP mode. I really lost interest in getting this game after so long, but after actually playing it, I'm in.
Imagine that. :messenger_peace:

Caayn

Just bought the game. Can't wait to boot it up and run/drive around like a maniac. After I have finished my work day of course.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

3h into the game.
I love it, it’s the real crackdown 2.
What a simple pleasure to jump everywhere collecting orbs...
The visuals are very clean and it’s kind of pretty in 4K.
Very fun game !!!

Downloading now on both PC and Xbox One X. Loved Crackdown, didn't love Crackdown 2. Wonder if I'll agree/disagree with the majority of critics? We shall see.

Lort

Banned
Only 2 Modes
No Leaderboards
No Party

Do you get paid to do this? If not you should be because its obvious your not actually reviewing anything instead just marketing PR.

Its exactly these kinds of posts that are the reason very few view neogaf as anothing other than a console war site full of sony shills. Due to the now extremely minimal userbase here your marketing is also practically useless.

TLZ

Banned
Am I the only one turned off by Echo's accent? Ruins the moment for me every time she speaks.

Do you get paid to do this? If not you should be because its obvious your not actually reviewing anything instead just marketing PR.

Its exactly these kinds of posts that are the reason very few view neogaf as anothing other than a console war site full of sony shills. Due to the now extremely minimal userbase here your marketing is also practically useless.
Yup. Mods not responding to reports on obvious trolling that makes reset era the best place for gaming discussion. It's clear the ones that are trolling, yet nothing is being done.

Crackdown 3 is basically what Crackdown 2 should have been if it had released later in the 360 cycle and been done properly. If you look at it that way the game is fine imo, just not really a next gen progression of the series.

I do think the reviews have been overly harsh though. There’s no way this is a 4 or 5 out of 10. It’s a 6 to 7 all day long and even an 8 if you really like Crackdown, which I do!

Just played 2 hours straight on the PC and it's erm…. Crackdown! Amped up a bit and made shiny for a new gen with new weapons and better side missions. If you genuinely loved Crackdown, I'd be pretty surprised if you don't like this. It looks like Crackdown, plays like Crackdown and feels like Crackdown. Loving the grenade launcher and other new weapons too. PC version has some stutter for me on max settings but turning down a few things from Ultra seems to have helped. 3440x1440 at an unlocked framerate with Gsync is lovely. Gave the Xbox One X version a quick try and it looks really nice too. The game has been a lot of fun so far, the aggregate reviews are not something I worry about.

I'll re-iterate, it's a Crackdown game for Crackdown fans and seems to have done a stand up job of making it feel pretty fresh. If you don't really like the Crackdown formula, then move on, nothing to see here but if you do, then let's have fun :)

Yup. Mods not responding to reports on obvious trolling that makes reset era the best place for gaming discussion. It's clear the ones that are trolling, yet nothing is being done.

Would rather not go back to the heavy handed modding of yore, nor should the modding of resetera ever be a point of comparison given how shockingly poor it is. A bit of low level trolling is easily ignorable and hardly the end of the world. I think we should just chat about the game to be honest and I'm sure anything too out of hand will be modded just fine.

Hotspurr

Banned
I played about 30 min last night. It's not too bad. Kind of a very decent B game. Reminds me of infamous series. Definitely not a 5/10 like IGN or Gamespot made it out to be. Reviewers suck. They also shit all over Alita and that movie deserved better. Those guys should go review wines or something, at least the bullshit will be justified.

dorkimoe

Going home to do some orb hunting cant wait. I hope i can orb hunt without infinite enemies everywhere. That seems to be a trend in recent open world games (Farcry5)

VAL0R

Banned
Having a blast :messenger_fire::messenger_ok:! Game Pass is awesome.

Has any game ever stolen CD's targeting system? I think it's genius to be able to target specific body parts on the fly and it works just as well with cars for tires, gas tanks, etc. Shooting a SWAT guys' shield down by targetting his right arm and then pummeling him with fists, for example, is great.

I do think this great system could be improved if there was an intuitive way to swap lock-on between targets without releasing the L-trigger. Obviously, they can't have it be as simple as hitting right or left on the aiming stick because that targets specific body parts. I was thinking maybe this could be a D-pad function.

Edit:
Including the Crackdown 3 analysis from Digital Foundry from the other thread that takes a very in-depth look and is much more fair to the game than many of the outlets have been, in my opinion. (Performs great on the X1X. Native 4K most of the time, occasionally dips dynamically, and 30 fps locked with almost no exception [a couple of blips in hours of gameplay]. A visually beautiful, technically impressive and worthy follow up to the original Crackdown that fans of the series will enjoy.):

Last edited:
I can't stop playing this :)

It's huge amounts of fun. I'm roaming around creating merry havoc as the weapons keep getting better and my skills increase.

Congratulations Crackdown 3 team for selling 1 million within the first 24 hours. Once article is fully published, I'll post the link in the reserved spot above.

Caayn

Finally had a chance to play it. Next play session for me will be tomorrow, got other obligations tonight :(

So far the game feels like a true sequel to Crackdown 1. I quickly found myself jumping around the city hunting aligity orbs and shooting at stations/encampments, just like I did in the original. It's controls and looks good to boot. So far I took down two metro stations and one of those garage hub thingies.

Calibos

3 hours in the campaign and it’s as I suspected. A complete blast to play. It’s also extremely gorgeous on my 70” 4K HDR panel. Fuck the haters. This game is better than Crackdown 1 in every way so far by a country mile. The world is also possibly the largest I have seen in a game due to the verticality...it’s crazy once you start to level up how large and tall some of it is. I feel like “Super Agent” is the sweet spot for difficulty too. I keep wandering into harder areas and getting my ass handed to me...which I think helps the games fun factor and flow.

Also played a match of “Territories”...why the hell weren’t they using this as the multiplayer showpiece...It’s so much cooler than deathmatch. It lasts longer and shit gets leveled by the end of the match. Seemed pretty great to me, but the sound of the orbs is calling...

Good times!

Grinchy

Banned
I'm waiting on my buddy so we can play co-op, so I haven't touched the campaign. It's pretty disappointing that the co-op is locked to 30fps even on PC, but I guess I'll just optimize for 30fps.

I did try out Wrecking Crew and damn...it sucks about as much as I expected. No big deal since I only really care about the campaign co-op anyway, but holy shit I was bored of multiplayer so quickly. I'll try it again another time and give it a fair shake if I'm feeling generous.

Dibils2k

i played a few hours, really enjoyed it. great graphics and HDR

I also like the fact map is small lol i feel like i could complete this game before it gets tedious

Iced Arcade

Yeah this game is a fuck load of fun and a sizable jump visually from the orginal. I might not have noticed if i didn't just play the 1st game again this week hunting for orbs.

The gameplay is crackdown so i can definitely see people not enjoying it if they didn't like the 1st game because it plays exactly the same. Jump climb lock on shoot.

With that being said... other than the development hell, this game shouldn't have taken this long. It must have been scrapped and started over somewhere along these last few years.

Mochilador

I'm playing Wreck Zone right now. Fun but there is no progression at all and it's pretty barebones.
Gonna try the campaign later.

Top Bottom