• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could 2021 become one of the worst years for gaming in history?

mxbison

Don't know about worst ever, but it's looking pretty bad so far.

As always there will be some great games we don't know about yet though.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Year is looking very good honestly so long as you aren't a graphic whoring mad man. And even for those there should be some lookers coming out.

For me, I can subscribe to Danjin44 Danjin44 list. There is also Persona 5 Strikers, the Diablo II remake, and a lot of games that are already in Early Access but should be coming out this year, like:
  • Prodeus
  • Ultrakill
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • M&B Bannerlord?
And I don't want to mention SMT V but if that comes out and it ends up being as good as it should then 2021 might be one hell of a year for gaming.

I guess it's just a matter of tastes, but if you are only interested in blockbuster AAA games then the jokes on you, as you might be missing out a lot of cool stuff.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

The only game I am looking forward to this year is Modern Warfare 3 remastered (so a remaster) and Starship Troopers Terran Command. There might be some other decent games coming this year but nothing really peeked my interest so far.

edit: I checked my steam wishlist and there is also Knights of Honor 2, Back 4 Blood might not be terrible and Medic: Pacific War.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
This is what he wants (just a guess):

GTA VI
TES VI
FF XVI
GoW 2 2 😎
GT 7
Diablo IV
Monster Hunter next gen (not tablet version that is coming out)
next gen Naughty Dog

or maybe I’m just projecting 😜
Yeah, exactly. GoW being a PS5 exclusive too. Instead Sony gave us PS4 Spidey DLC and thinks about releasing PS4 games / xgen for PS5 in 2022. Oh, the hoy!

Airbus Jr

Banned
2014 was worse

I mean you got Dragon Age Inquitition and Overwatch running for goty contender

2021 we havent seen everything yet so calm down

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
There is more to gaming than AAA releases. I would suggest you try out some titles that aren't on your radar. You more than likely will be surprised by the quality and entertainment that Indie and AA games provide.

Not to mention there are tons of fantastic games you more than likely didn't play over the past few years. Now is a great time to go through those backlogs and experience some amazing titles!

Roufianos

It could be. People are listing games but there's no guarantees how many of them will come out this year. Karak tweeted the other day that two high-profile delay announcements are incoming.

Woopah

It'll be worse than if Covid wasn't a thing, but they'll still be something interesting coming out each month between February and the end of the year.

Lupingosei

Banned
Most console launches have operated like this. We have one or two standouts to get hyped up for, a bunch of previous-gen ports and licensed shovelware, and then a long drought while we wait for core development cycles of legitimate titles to finish.
I would say the shortage is worse than it used to be. Even when there were no games, at least there were systems. But both are missing now and because everybody is competing for the same resources at the same time it will only get worse. And because the user base is so small, games will get pushed back.

Not for me. I have plenty to play, backlog or otherwise.

Little Nightmares 2
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Days Gone (PC)
Deathloop
Biomutant
Monster Train: The Last Divinity DLC
Roguebook
Inkulinati
Diablo 2: Resurrected
Kena: Bridge of Spirits

If Elden Ring and/or Starfield also release this year, then it's already better than 2019/2020 imho.

dwish

Wouldn't be surprising considering 2020, the pandemic and the fact that all companies have had major changes to working from home.

Arkam

IDK, losing GT7 & HP were a major blow, but overall seems solid enough still.

R&C, FF7R:Intergrade, Cyber Punk (PS5/xsx), Kena & Death Loop should keep me plenty entertained. And we still have very little insight into anyone’s fall/holiday plans. Could have a Halo, Forza & Zelda coming.

Will it be the strongest year? Nope. But should still have more great games than I have time to play.

Top Bottom