• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cory Barlog hinting for a Silent Hill game?

I don't want to over-interpretation this tweet.
But such a tweet at such a moment, it just keeps me thinking that way.

EDIT: In my country there is a nasty place called "Weibo", it's just our version of twitter.
And on Weibo, celebrities needs to be extremely careful about their post. Really if a celebritiy post an unusual meal, people there would guess if that person has divorced(Maybe a little off, but you get what I mean). And that causes the celebrities not like to post much, it's all upon our imagination.
I haven't use twitter much, so I have yet to get rid of the habit of over-interpretate everything I see.
Please bear me if I said something stupid:messenger_grimmacing_I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that.

Last edited:

makaveli60

I don't think so. But the best thing could happen is remakes from the first three games. Don't change anything (music must stay the same!), just make them modern technically and done.

Nankatsu

Wasn't the rumor that Kojima Studios was after Silent Hill, somehow?

Anyway is a Konami IP, don't see it happening outside of Konami, unless they allow it or sell the IP.

SleepDoctor

Banned
He's just responding to a GameSpot tweet. Not really much of a "hint" at all. We all know what game he's working on. No need to set yourself up for disappointment.

Well my thought was:
Since there has been lots of rumor that we will get a Silent Hill game, certain expectation is set. And I think he definitely know that this tweet will get people hyped up, and also he must know what will happen if the expectation don't deliver(PS5 GDC, Inside Xbox). And he still tweeted this.
It just seems impossible to me that a famous PS-side developer tweet this when he know that there is no Silent Hill game.

Again all above could well be my over-interpretation, it's just my thought.

Last edited:

daninthemix

According to the OP, one developer tweeting that he would like to work on an IP, is confirmation that that IP is definitely getting 12 new games.

According to the OP, one developer tweeting that he would like to work on an IP, is confirmation that that IP is definitely getting 12 new games.
Well, go check that tweet's reply, people there just ignore the facts and think in ways they want. Isn't that what you say? One developer tweeting that he would like to work on an IP, is confirmation that that IP is definitely getting 12 new games. I think it's just like this on the internet now.
I guess I will see an article that titled:"Silent Hill CONFIRMED BY A FAMOUS PS5 DEV" in 12hours.

Last edited:

Terenty

If anything it confirms there's no Silent Hill remake in development. Think about it, it would be very rude of him to say he will be able to make a new Silent Hill game if there was one already in development by the original crew. Eh?

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
No more western developed SH games please. And I actually liked Shattered Memories and Downpour.

If anything it confirms there's no Silent Hill remake in development. Think about it, it would be very rude of him to say he will be able to make a new Silent Hill game if there was one already in development by the original crew. Eh?

There is no original crew anymore

sublimit

Banned
There is no original crew anymore
In a way there never really was. All 4 "Team Silent" games were made by very different teams. The only thing that they had in common were a few members (that sometimes even had different roles in each game) and that they were all developed in-house by Japanese people.

sounds more like a dream project he just wants to do if he had the opportunity.
Yeah after checking his tweet I find him a kind of person that are willing to say what's in his mind instead of making twitter a marketing place.
I like it, but I still think it would cause misunderstanding.

mortal

Gold Member
lol game developers are people too. Not everything they do has to be a wink-wink nudge-nudge to gamers.

The Alien

Banned
Nah. Think he's having some fun on Twitter.
Be cool if he re-made them.

The plus sidenisntgat between Konami IP IP acquisitions, Kojima, Balrog, etc....many rumors are starting to smoke about Silent Hill. Where there's smoke...

Too much money in a remake to let it sit. Someone's gonna be working on it. :)

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
No .. if you are following him then you will know this tweet is just normal , he is doing this since forever

normal guy with a normal tweet he is a gamer just like everyone

"I don't want to overinterprete a tweet, but I'll start a thread to overinterprete that tweet."
I don't like this trend which people take other's personal thoughts too serious.
But you gotta admit it is like this on the internet. People under that tweet are all talking like Cory has already started to making SH remake.
I'm just here to discuss whether we should think like all the other people that get hyped cause twitter is kind of a marketing place right now, or we should treat that tweet as a normal sharing of thoughts, which is also very likely to be.
That is why I said I don't like over-interpretation(Cause I REALLY hate this trend). But my head still couldn't stop thinking that tweet is to marketing SH(also because of the trend).

Last edited:
Top Bottom