• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coronavirus is boosting Nintendo Switch and PS4 sales in South Korea. +336% in the last 3 days

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member

According to the article, the coronavirus outbreak has contributed to an increase in video game and toy sales in South Korea. Toys R Us Online has seen a 336% surge in sales in 3 days thanks to the coronavirus outbreak, particularly because of high consumer demand for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.

This may not last long though, as the report also suggests that both hardware systems are going to be harder to find during this period of time, so shortages could be expected in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Lol. A single toys R us is seeing more sales. And only percentage wise.
Theoretically they could have sold 3 units before corona and then 9 now. Would still be +300%.
We need NUMBERS

Yeah, well we do know from Media Create Nintendo Switch was already going very strong in South Korea before, i expect similar numbers to Taiwan, nowhere near as close as let's say Japan or US.

These are countries where video game systems are still relatively new and growing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, people are thinking of isolating themselves if the virus gets very serious.
They want something to do while in isolation.

It makes sense, people have to quarantine themselves so they need a form of continued entertainment they can engage with that doesn't require them to leave the house or interact with other people.

Heinrich

Banned
Yeah but they still can play Apex, Smite and any other F2P games without a subscription... While in Xbox that would be impossible.

Deal with it.

And? I still it would be boring without party chat etc. Lol also, Im not a fan of F2P titles. They get boring real quick and force you to pay a lot of money for crap.
And I mean live is not that expensive and with game pass it’s a steal!
You can get one year of live for $30, so pro tip:

get 3x years of live for $90 and then upgrade to ultimate for $1, so

for $91 you get, 3 YEARS(!) of:

- Xbox live
- Xbox Game Pass (hundreds and ALL Microsoft games DAY ONE INCLUDED)
- Xbox Game pass PC!

3 years for $91. like... how can you argue with that? You can’t even buy first party TWO games On other consoles for that and here you are, Xbox live and tons of games included.

V4skunk

Banned
Yeah, well we do know from Media Create Nintendo Switch was already going very strong in South Korea before, i expect similar numbers to Taiwan, nowhere near as close as let's say Japan or US.

These are countries where video game systems are still relatively new and growing.
A lot of South Koreans are pcgamers. I've always seen them online even during the very early 2000's.

Aion002

And? I still it would be boring without party chat etc. Lol also, Im not a fan of F2P titles. They get boring real quick and force you to pay a lot of money for crap.
And I mean live is not that expensive and with game pass it’s a steal!
You can get one year of live for $30, so pro tip:

get 3x years of live for $90 and then upgrade to ultimate for $1, so

for $91 you get, 3 YEARS(!) of:

- Xbox live
- Xbox Game Pass (hundreds and ALL Microsoft games DAY ONE INCLUDED)
- Xbox Game pass PC!

3 years for $91. like... how can you argue with that? You can’t even buy first party TWO games On other consoles for that and here you are, Xbox live and tons of games included.

You don't need plus for Party Chat.

PS4 first party titles, after a time, gets a price tag of 20 usd.

All Xbox games are on PC... since my PC is good enough it doesn't make sense to me, since on PC you don't need to pay to play online...

Last edited:

Aion002

TBF Warframe is the only f2p and in general mp game on psn thats worth playing. Checkout Skill Ups video on YT about Warframe.
I've been playing Warframe since the launch on PC. It's really good.

On PS4 I play with friends Apex Legends and Smite.

What's worth or not worth it's a subjective thing... I hate Fortnite, that doesn't change the fact that a shit ton of people love it.

Top Bottom