• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cooler Master Orb X Is a Motorized Gaming Pod

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

03sOpkBPywkjYrITyFNMWdA-2.fit_lim.size_768x.jpg

If the thought of sitting at a desk to work or play games holds no excitement, Cooler Master has an alternative for you. It's called the Orb X, and it's a motorized, semi-enclosed cockpit that offers a private space while also making it look like you arrived from the future.

Cooler Master describes the Orb X as a multi-purpose workstation, but one look at it and you think "gaming." The upper dome section is motorized and rotates up and down to allow easy access to the pod. The ergonomic reclining seat offers six-way lumber adjustment and a headrest, and speakers are integrated offering 2.1 surround sound. The screen mounts on the upper dome allow for up to three 27-inch displays or one 49-inch ultrawide (and ideally curved) display.

A compartment on the back of the pod behind the seat hides a sliding tray where you can position either your gaming rig or games console, or why not both? By doing this, Cooler Master allows all the cables to be hidden away, but also keeps noise to a minimum. We have to hope the design team also thought very carefully about ventilation.

The Orb X will be available in white and black finishes complete with integrated lighting, but no price or release date has been announced yet. It certainly won't be cheap and there's likely to be quite a high delivery charge based on just how large and heavy this pod is going to be.

Kuranghi

We’re getting closer.
wall-e GIF

You know whats really annoying about the ending (spoilers for Wall-E coming up obviously):

When they land on earth you see some of the humans just standing up in the final shot, even though they showed their bones actually shrank to the point where they definitely would not be able to do that. Totally bizarre oversight.

I really liked a lot of the scenes and most of the story but the parts I didnt like really overly annoyed me lol.

Kilau

Gold Member
You know whats really annoying about the ending (spoilers for Wall-E coming up obviously):

When they land on earth you see some of the humans just standing up in the final shot, even though they showed their bones actually shrank to the point where they definitely would not be able to do that. Totally bizarre oversight.

I really liked a lot of the scenes and most of the story but the parts I didnt like really overly annoyed me lol.
Movie GIF

Kuranghi

The remake of cocoon is looking good.

I don't know why but this gave me nightmares as a child, the cocoons being in that swimming pool freaked me out, something to do with the clean white man made thing contrasted with the giant alien muscle shell looking things at the bottom lol, definitely led partly to my fear of deep water/depths haha.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

My headcanon is that they’re all just robots being remote controlled. Their real bodies are connected to life support machines until the planet is actually inhabitable again.

And the final twist is that the life support failed years ago. Earth is like some galactic afterlife or something but nobody will ever know for sure because they intended to answer it in a sequel that will never happen.

Last edited:

martino

the thing is not vibrating or something like that ? i really don't understand why it's so big then (only to hide the rig like said in the article ?)

Top Bottom