• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! releases August 24 on Steam ($13). Full gameplay trailer.

Rokal

Nobody wants my macaroni

Rush hour is definitely intense, especially while learning new foods, but I like it. The music quieting right before the literal rush of customers is great, the anticipation is palpable.

I think macaroni is just a Side Dish. People won't order it, but it'll get consumed by impatient customers and give you more time.

naib

I'm not ready for Chinese food. Holy shit.

Game is a blast. Love all the tweaks and changes but don't want to spoil anything.

Played the first day of the second tower. Fuck it was intense. The holding tray mechanics amd trying to keep track of things like side dishes, pretzels etc is awesome.

So is this more of a set of challenges this time without the progressive restaurant? I dont know if I am overlookong something.

The Steam page makes it sound like there's two "campaigns" with one being what you're asking about and the other being the variety of restaurants in the tower. Chubigans' note at the start of the game indicating that e-mails had to be turned off until fixed might be why the main campaign of building up your restaurant isn't available? From what I recall of the first game that was a decent part of the storytelling so I could see him not wanting people going through that campaign without being able to receive e-mails.

Had a good time doing my first shift at Max Wieners. I had to change from controller to keyboard and then it took me a few missed side dishes to really understand the holding tray mechanic. I also couldn't figure out why I got "meh" faces on my hot dogs since I was pulling them off the grill while the cooking arrow was in the green but perhaps I was messing up toppings. I tried to be extra careful but still wasn't getting the big smiles.

I'll likely wait for the patches to hit before I dig much deeper for now.

megalowho

I think macaroni is just a Side Dish. People won't order it, but it'll get consumed by impatient customers and give you more time.
Ahh, got it. I did not open the tutorials. And now I see there's one for side dishes that takes less than 20 seconds, nice. Free achievement too.

Not at home right now, but bought a copy on mobile Steam to show support. Love, love, love Cook Serve Delicious.

Congrats on the launch, Chubigans! Burning up that Top Sellers list.

So Im looking at the local co-op. Seems you share the general game screen (customer's order screen), but then the preparing of the meals splits the screen.

Does the difficulty adjust for the added player? Because I imagine it becomes much easier.

Or does co-op add a higher completion requirement, like in Overcooked?

Since you share the same request navigation screen, it seems like you scroll through the orders and holding tables with X and Y on console.

But both players share the same X and Y button prompt colours, so that would get very confusing, since you would confuse your X button with your partners.

----

What's the PS4 price tag going to be btw? Same as Steam?

The Steam page makes it sound like there's two "campaigns" with one being what you're asking about and the other being the variety of restaurants in the tower. Chubigans' note at the start of the game indicating that e-mails had to be turned off until fixed might be why the main campaign of building up your restaurant isn't available? From what I recall of the first game that was a decent part of the storytelling so I could see him not wanting people going through that campaign without being able to receive e-mails.

Had a good time doing my first shift at Max Wieners. I had to change from controller to keyboard and then it took me a few missed side dishes to really understand the holding tray mechanic. I also couldn't figure out why I got "meh" faces on my hot dogs since I was pulling them off the grill while the cooking arrow was in the green but perhaps I was messing up toppings. I tried to be extra careful but still wasn't getting the big smiles.

I'll likely wait for the patches to hit before I dig much deeper for now.

Nevermind, I figured it out. It was just confusing me because of the lack of email systems I suppose.

Since overcoming my idiocy, I can't stop playing the game. It is so fucking good. But I am going to force myself to hold back from playing more until emails etc are in.

The amount of recipes and feeling like you can run a certain theme of restaurant, like a deli or whatever is really cool. The way holding stations play into that mechanically is awesome too.

Can't wait to keep digging into it!

spiel

Neo Member
tfw when you're two-thirds into the day and you accidentally hit the prep station that's still cooking instead of the holding station

Yeah, that's my biggest beef with the game so far. The hours are so long that trying to get perfect days gets boring real quick when you have to keep restarting the day. Maybe it gets better with more buzz where you have a steady stream of customers at all times.

Windowed Mode actually being a window rather than a borderless screen which stays centered (since you're unable to reposition it) would be nice.

This game also deserved an OT, for that matter.

Golded the last Max Wieners level, and thought I was doing well. Moving on to other restaurants, my confidence was immediately dashed.

spiel

Neo Member
I didn't understand why the day felt too long until I fired the game up today and time progressed normally. What a huge difference it makes! Anyway a few hours in and I think I'm going to wait for a few patches before playing career mode. As it is now it's just... there. It doesn't (yet) have the email system which was a highlight of the first game for me.

The rest of the game could use some polishing too. Like some of the food descriptions are missing and there are no key binding options yet. The Chinese restaurant is unplayable because of some strange key choices. Spicy Sauce can be S on one menu and P the next.

The core gameplay is fantastic though. The new holding station mechanic is brilliant. I'm just gonna play Chef For Hire shifts all day.

Number one annoyance right now is not being able to redo a holding station with 3 consecutive presses. There's a delay between clearing the holding station and opening it again.

Top Bottom