• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control Ultimate Edition Next-Gen Teaser Trailer

That comparison is not what the Sony warriors are claiming. They are claiming significant leap differences like there will be a game that uses all the things that Cyberpunk does on PC (all the RTX) and look better. Or they will claim the very first game that uses Nanite no matter how the lighting/shading looks in the game will be a leap from what we are seeing now. They are counting on the SSD using Nanite, cache scrubbers, geometry engines and overall developer optimization to leapfrog anything that has been shown on any platform to date - all on a console that performs at 2080 levels for rasterization and 2060 levels for RT.
Is this really a bad thing? These consoles are far, far more capable at launch compared to what PS4 and Xbox One brought to the table at their launch. It's really an odd flex you're putting on by stating what is obvious to everyone. Yes, a PC GPU can certainly be much more capable. We also know the games fully developed from the ground up for PS5 and Series X will look amazing even without, or very little, ray tracing.

VFXVeteran coming into console threads like:
giphy.gif

Kuranghi

I played at 60 on PC but I have no RTX so I'll do 30 + RT on this. I bet the game has drops in the 60 mode, fidelity is more likely to be locked I'd say. I think I even saw a dropped frame or two in that video, but could've just been the video.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
You just converstated with @DavidGzz and said "we'll see". He has the same observation that YOU should have. What is so hard to admit with you folks? Can you NOT look at last gen and see the writing on the wall? The guy is correct! You literally DON'T see a big gulf difference! Why would the PS5 somehow change that?

Honestly, I don't agree with him. I didn't want to start an argument since I can't prove that games 2 years from now will look waaay better than the launch games. I do see a big gulf difference of games at the end of PS4 vs. the launch of the PS4.

kyliethicc

I wonder what resolution the 30 and 60 modes will use on PS5. I assume the 60 Hz mode will be similar res to the PS4 Pro verison?

What honor in trolling and constant platform warring? Not everyone who banned there is some sort of heroes. He was for absolutely valid reasons.

A.) I find this hard to believe. Anytime I check over at Era, which is rare, I only see people getting banned for the most ridiculously stupid reasons.

B.) You mention constant platform warring, uh bro there are dedicated threads that literally only exist to platform war all over this forum. I have a hard time believing he ever posted anything worse than anything posted in one of the many meme threads here. If I had to guess, I would guess he got banned because console gamers reported him to hell anytime he mentioned PC capabilities.

C.) Fuckin relax. This ain't life or death. I was joking (hence the out of context reply quote snip). Regardless, VFX isn't shitting in your pillowcase or something. People get all personal when they reply to him like he is trying to murder their entire family. Calm down. Dude has a PC bias, many others have console bias (including someone in this very thread saying "nobody cares about the PC version," which is nonsense), humans have bias. It's OKAY

I wonder what resolution the 30 and 60 modes will use on PS5. I assume the 60 Hz mode will be similar res to the PS4 Pro verison?

I am gonna guess it hits somewhere around 1800p range but we will see. In the short clip it doesn't look like we lose detail/clarity when they switch modes but it is just a 30 second clip. Hard to say for sure.

Analysis should be fun. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
"It STILL hasn't been proven that the PS5 is the stronger console. Just because MS hasn't gotten their act together with their API and drivers don't mean that this entire 7yrs of a generation will have the XSX *always* lagging behind. The damn consoles just came out 1 month ago"

Are you for real? What happened to "the consoles just came out a month ago"

Pray that none of you end up warring this hard when you reach middle age.

Thief1987

.) You mention constant platform warring, uh bro there are dedicated threads that literally only exist to platform war all over this forum. I have a hard time believing he ever posted anything worse than anything posted in one of the many meme threads here. If I had to guess, I would guess he got banned because console gamers reported him
They have a stricter rules for platform warring, and i prefer it this way, even if i'm not a saint myself.

Last edited:
Yet this also has 1 rt feature yet only runs 30fps, spiderman looks great at 60fps with rt, why are u downplaying it, going forward insomniac will make games look even better with the ps5 and rt, u will see.
Spider-Man RT performance runs at 1080p 60fps with its RT reflections running at 540p 30fps

So in Spider-Man RT performance you get 1/16 RT resolution running with 1/4 raster resolution compared to a full native 4k render. Ignorance is bliss I guess 🤷‍♂️

Anything below 1440p is pathetic. Hell, even 1440p in Cyberpunk is too blurry for me.

As for Control, I know I preferred 4k 60fps instead of 1080p RT 60fps. But with PC you can get 4k 60fps and pick a few RT settings... so the best of both worlds. ( RT diffuse lighting, RT shadow, RT transparent reflections were my choice.)

Last edited:

Shmunter

Spider-Man RT performance runs at 1080p 60fps with its RT reflections running at 540p 30fps

So in Spider-Man RT performance you get 1/8 RT resolution running with 1/4 raster resolution compared to a full native 4k render. Ignorance is bliss I guess 🤷‍♂️

Anything below 1440p is pathetic. Hell 1440p in Cyberpunk is too blurry for me.
Looks pristine with the 4K reconstruction on my 75”. What are your running?

Kuranghi

I'd actually like to see some next-gen games with Fidelity/30 modes without RT and just push the res + settings to the max. I don't want them to go start making 400 modes for every game though, thats a waste of time.

Andodalf

Banned
Control is a wonderful looking game. I with there were more Northlight games. Does Remedy allow it to be licensed?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Quite happy running it in 4k/60 on my 3070, with full RT mode, thanks.

Considering I came from <720p on a 1660 Super with attempted RT, it's a step up.

You are lying.

Native 4k60 max settings everywhere with the full wormage of Raytracing features in Control.............using a 3070?
Maybe certain sections but no way thats a locked 60 everywhere.
Luckily youve got freesync so it isnt too much of a problem.....but please 4k60 locked in Control with a 3070.......haha nope.

TriSuit666

Banned
You are lying.

Native 4k60 max settings everywhere with the full wormage of Raytracing features in Control.............using a 3070?
Luckily youve got freesync so it isnt too much of a problem.....but please 4k60 locked in Control with a 3070.......haha nope.

Who said it was native, you fuckwit.

And what did my poor 3070 do to you? Grow the fuck up with that fanboi crap.

Black_Stride

Who said it was native, you fuckwit.

And what did my poor 3070 do to you? Grow the fuck up with that fanboi crap.

Calm down son.
You said you were playing at 4K60 which would imply native 4k.
If you were upscaling/DLSS you would have said whatever resolution you were upscaling from.

So yeah.

Also not exactly sure what fanboi crap im spewing because Im actually a huge Nvidia fan ive claimed the title of CUDA King in multiple threads over the years so are you implying im an AMD fanboi PS5 fanboi or what?..........Im still a realist, the RTX 3070 with the full wormage of Controls graphical effects cant hold a locked 60fps at 4K.

But you do you, grow the fuck up.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Some people get so mad when others are enjoying a game on a system that they don't have. It's odd.

ssringo

I bought Control when it released on Steam but got distracted by other games and barely touched it until last week. Just finished up the main story and am going through the DLC. Great game and it's gotten me interested in the whole SCP thing.

I gave up way too quickly on this. First time I bought it I picked up and read all of the shit.......and there's a LOT. Got bored and quit.

I tried it again on GP last week, ignored all of that and it's actually really good. Still a slow burner early on but well worth it.

e&e

Banned
So this is on GamePass now...are you saying I don’t getting any of these updates for having a new console? Does Xbox do anything automatically?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
So this is on GamePass now...are you saying I don’t getting any of these updates for having a new console? Does Xbox do anything automatically?

It's not on MS or Sony. The game developer and publisher decided not to give the update for free. Only Ultimate Edition owners will get the update for free.

Gamepass has the standard edition so no free upgrade. PS+ users will be receiving the ultimate edition in February for free. But all other users will need to buy / own the Ultimate Edition to access these updates.

Reactions: e&e

TriSuit666

Banned
You are lying.

I’m not lying, blabbermouth. 3070 can and does hold 4K/60 with High RTX settings in certain scenarios (and don’t argue, I’ve tested them myself).

Black_Stride

I’m not lying, blabbermouth. 3070 can and does hold 4K/60 with High RTX settings in certain scenarios (and don’t argue, I’ve tested them myself).

Can?
Sure stare at a wall render nothing and im sure it hits 60fps

During actual gameplay.
Not a chance with the full wormage.

Also tested it with a 2080Ti and numerous 3070 OCs, so yeah imma call bullshit.
Unless your 3070 somehow doubled its performance putting it at or beyond 3080 class.
No OC will get you there, this aint Maxwell.

P.S You also stated you werent at Native 4K, so not 4K60 but Faux K60.
Dunno why you bumped this thread just to lie some more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom