• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control Ultimate Edition Free for Previous Owners After All?

So Control Ultimate Edition just released on the PlayStation Store and it says I own it. I previously bought the base game and the season pass but from what we were told the Ultimate Edition would be a separate SKU. Because of that people like me would have to buy the game again if we wanted the next gen upgrade. Now it seems like that might not be the case. Can anyone here who own these on Xbox One confirm if it is showing up as owned for them as well?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Probably so you literally have to buy it.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
bmZXT8i.png

I was hyped that you are right, but sadly as you might see Control - Xbox Series X is not "ve vlastnictví" (owned). It looks like it does not have different achievemnets/trophies and that's why it looks like this. It's literally repackaged shit and that's why even stores are confused.

bmZXT8i.png

I was hyped that you are right, but sadly as you might see Control - Xbox Series X is not "ve vlastnictví" (owned). It looks like it does not have different achievemnets/trophies and that's why it looks like this. It's literally repackaged shit and that's why even stores are confused.
This is all a confusing mess then. It's not a separate game then which makes not getting the upgrade even more BS.

alstrike

I just checked and it says "Purchased" on PSN Web Store and the button says "Start" instead of buy on the PS4 Store.

I'm gonna delete the game I have on my Pro and will report back after I try to download the Ultimate Edition.

Edit: Deleted the game and put the "Ultimate Edition" on the downloads list from the website. It's just downloading the base game or so it seems...

Last edited:
I just checked and it says "Purchased" on PSN Web Store and the button says "Start" instead of buy on the PS4 Store.

I'm gonna delete the game I have on my Pro and will report back after I try to download the Ultimate Edition.

Edit: Deleted the game and put the "Ultimate Edition" on the downloads list from the website. It's just downloading the base game or so it seems...
Yeah because there isn't actually a version called "Ultimate Edition" so it's going to just show the base game. It's just a bundle. I'm betting that there is a license on the back end though that won't be there since you didn't technically buy the Ultimate Edition. It's a confusing mess.

alstrike

Yeah because there isn't actually a version called "Ultimate Edition" so it's going to just show the base game. It's just a bundle. I'm betting that there is a license on the back end though that won't be there since you didn't technically buy the Ultimate Edition. It's a confusing mess.

Nah fuck it, can't be arsed to download it again.

The problem is that you can still buy the Standard Edition for 60€ and the Deluxe for 80/90€ LOL, fuck these 505 money grabbers.

M1chl

It's truly astonishing, that you literally downloading some fucking config file for....in my case...35EUR. In this light 505 looks even worse.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Overrated game anyway. Glad I waited for the Steam release. I had a feeling about it. Remedy are pretty scummy when it comes to money. They always chase exclusivity, always have, Alan Wake, QB, etc. and it always worked against them. Hopefully this shit bites them in the ass as well.

Overrated game anyway. Glad I waited for the Steam release. I had a feeling about it. Remedy are pretty scummy when it comes to money. They always chase exclusivity, always have, Alan Wake, QB, etc. and it always worked against them. Hopefully this shit bites them in the ass as well.
I really don't think this is a Remedy decision as much as it is 505 Games. They are the publisher after all.

Reactions: GHG

GHG

Don't think remedy are really the ones in... Control... Of this situation. 505 are the scummy ones here. They also took money from Epic and seemed to screw over Microsoft in favour of taking a deal with Sony for PS Now over gamepass (assuming the latter because of Micros ft talking about Control and it appearing in marketing material for gamepass which would suggest the deal would have at least been verbally agreed).

Anyway, hope they u turn on this because its a really scummy thing to do to customers who have shown faith in you and bought your product.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I really don't think this is a Remedy decision as much as it is 505 Games. They are the publisher after all.
Don't think remedy are really the ones in... Control... Of this situation. 505 are the scummy ones here. They also took money from Epic and seemed to screw over Microsoft in favour of taking a deal with Sony for PS Now over gamepass (assuming the latter because of Micros ft talking about Control and it appearing in marketing material for gamepass which would suggest the deal would have at least been verbally agreed).

Anyway, hope they u turn on this because its a really scummy thing to do to customers who have shown faith in you and bought your product.

Yeah I kinda forgot they were with 505. Were they with 505 when Quantum Break released? They chose MS store exclusivity back then and it backfired heavily afaik, almost ruined them.

Last edited:

M1chl

So now they apparently changed something because it no longer says I own it. This company man.
Imagine even being this incompetent, probably wanted to circumvent payment for another store listing...would be weird if Xbox and PS simutaneously do the same shit. Or maybe some charitable work from Remedy, either way it does not work.

Top Bottom