• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control |OT| The power of the gun 'n' the palm of your hand

cormack12

Gold Member
CnAs6L0.png

it00fdN.png

qZNVcGM.png

UA8auCS.png

GsZ2qLz.png

s57Cb3M.png

Version matrix
COntrolPS4Chart.jpg

Story Trailer

GIFS
FeminineWillingFulmar-size_restricted.gif

launch.gif

AnnualNiftyBlackbear-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_perfuuBA3h1qgojgxo2_500.gif

tumblr_pa83ycTH8X1s2j8cfo5_r1_500.gif

tumblr_pa7xr2eIHw1qgojgxo3_500.gif

tumblr_pa7xr2eIHw1qgojgxo5_500.gif

Review embargo lifts: 26.08.19

Relevant Videos

Hostile_18

Banned
I'm so conflicted on this game. If it wasn't for the name Remedy it wouldn't be on my radar... but Alan Wake is one of my favorite games of all time.

Worth noting that only the PS4 deluxe edition includes the season pass... very strange.

I have to be that guy. I mean it looks pretty and the strangeness of it could draw me in but they need to sell it to me. What am I even looking at? You toss shit and pew pew then shit dies.

HotPocket69

Banned
Grabbing my copy on Monday

Dat GameStop 9PM day before release day release :messenger_beaming:

On rare occasions that company is good for something

Reactions: Isa

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Thanks for the OT, man. Curious how this thing will turn out (I liked Alan Wake but wasn’t a fan of Quantum Break aside from the gun play).

I really hope it’s great.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
First Remedy game since Max Payne 1 that I don't get day one. Looks okay, but Quantum Break was super disappointing and I'm not cool with the Epic Game Store shenanigans. Hope it does well, will pick it up much much later down the road.

Gimme Alan Wake 2 please. I'll buy that.

Kagey K

Banned
The first remedy game I skip in my adult life. I don’t know why they chose to to exclusive DLC, but they lost one sale because of it.

GymWolf

Day one for me also since it looks like a spiritual successor to PSI OPS THE MINDGATE CONSPIRACY. Since there will never be a part 2 to that game, the gameplay of CONTROL will scratch that itch.
psi-ops was the shit back in time, i hope control can satisfy my telekinetic hunger lika that game...

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
When is the game releasing on PC?

27.08.19 Epic store
27.08.20 on other storefronts

I'm thinking a lot of the gifs are just basic throwing we've seen. I think the real gameplay is going to be in the synergising of skills. I mean ultimately it's a ranged weapon and throwing environment objects. Swap it for a laser and a robe and you have a jedi minus a light saber. It remains to be seen how well it pulls this off, but I don't think the gameplay has been representative of how we will play it when you look at sections like this (same vid, timestamped):

Hostile_18

Banned
I have to be that guy. I mean it looks pretty and the strangeness of it could draw me in but they need to sell it to me. What am I even looking at? You toss shit and pew pew then shit dies.

I know what you mean this type of game needs a strong story and a real sense of location. It looks strange and weird but also nonsensical.

If it's just a load of random tripy rooms without much story/great characters it won't be as exciting for me.

I'm waiting on reviews because it's so hard to weigh it all up. From a marketing standpoint that's not ideal.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
This game is legit one of the most unique games I've seen in awhile. Everything, from the premise, to the mechanics, to the muted presentation is really intriguing. 3D Metroidvania? Could this game be the chosen one? :lollipop_smiling_hearts:

There was a show called 'The Lost Room' that played with these ideas, and I loved that show.

Last edited:

jonnyp

I know what you mean this type of game needs a strong story and a real sense of location. It looks strange and weird but also nonsensical.

If it's just a load of random tripy rooms without much story/great characters it won't be as exciting for me.

I'm waiting on reviews because it's so hard to weigh it all up. From a marketing standpoint that's not ideal.

Just screams of a dev saying "Hey, I've come up with a pretty cool mechanic. Let's slap a thin as paper plot/characters around it and call it a game". Hope I'm wrong. Will await proper reviews.

I'm curious enough to pick this up at launch. The Oldest House and its shifting labyrinthine walls remind me of House of Leaves. That and the Lovecraftian intelligence from outside our reality, that kind of crap is right in my wheelhouse.
Throw in the Psi-Ops style telekinetic shit and a Metroidvania style environment and it sounds even better.
Any hope at all for the pro version to run at 60fps?

Reactions: Isa
Did anyone else get this for PC but bought the key off of humblebundle instead of buying directly through EGS? I did and I'm curious how it works since it didn't give me my key right away.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Should get the game by next Thursday/Friday via GameFly. Looking forward to it. Hoping that I like it better than Quantum Break.

cormack12

Gold Member
Really looking forward to this. Bought the digital deluxe version on PS4 Pro. Any idea on when preload begins?

25th I think.

The only thing I'm not completely sold on is the gun. It looks slow and I'm not really a fan of charging up shots. However, in some vids you can see maybe some mods have added enhancements like rpm, and automatic features so 🤞

Did anyone else get this for PC but bought the key off of humblebundle instead of buying directly through EGS? I did and I'm curious how it works since it didn't give me my key right away.

Sould have you covered: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020257973-How-to-Redeem-an-Epic-Games-Key

HotPocket69

Banned
25th I think.

The only thing I'm not completely sold on is the gun. It looks slow and I'm not really a fan of charging up shots. However, in some vids you can see maybe some mods have added enhancements like rpm, and automatic features so 🤞

Sould have you covered: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020257973-How-to-Redeem-an-Epic-Games-Key

The gun is like a bunch of types of guns in one. The charge shot is just one of them. It’s not like it’s the only way the gun fires.

M.W.

No hdr and 30fps on all consoles

Apparently there's no 1X enhancements either. Some people got their physical copies and it doesn't mention it's 1X enhanced plus after the day one 5GB patch, nothing. I guess when you compare it to QB after it got enhanced its night and day.

nikolino840

Apparently there's no 1X enhancements either. Some people got their physical copies and it doesn't mention it's 1X enhanced plus after the day one 5GB patch, nothing. I guess when you compare it to QB after it got enhanced its night and day.
I don't know....

Don't know why i can't Copy/past the tweet so here the screen

IxKZe04.png

Eiknarf

Just screams of a dev saying "Hey, I've come up with a pretty cool mechanic. Let's slap a thin as paper plot/characters around it and call it a game". Hope I'm wrong. Will await proper reviews.
Speaking of; where ARE the reviews?

Jayjayhd34

27.08.19 Epic store
27.08.20 on other storefronts

I'm thinking a lot of the gifs are just basic throwing we've seen. I think the real gameplay is going to be in the synergising of skills. I mean ultimately it's a ranged weapon and throwing environment objects. Swap it for a laser and a robe and you have a jedi minus a light saber. It remains to be seen how well it pulls this off, but I don't think the gameplay has been representative of how we will play it when you look at sections like this (same vid, timestamped):

Really confused as on epic store it says the 28th but the supposed to be out Tuesday.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I have my preorder since end of July and already preloaded too. The store doesn’t want to charge me yet so I’m afraid on launch day the game will tell me I don’t own it or something

Contacted Xbox support for them to cancel my preorder so I do it again. I’ll wait and see what they’ll have for me

Tbone3336

Gold Member
CohhCarnage is streaming Control now on I think a sponsored stream. Spoilers aplenty but I checked it out for a bit to see more of the game play and premise -

Will be spoilers as he is streaming the full game with no restrictions-

Acidizer

Banned

So you didn't dig SUPERHOT?

Top Bottom