• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control is a Game of the Year Contender (VGCultureHQ article)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Lost steam for me after awhile. I’m close to the end and interest just suddenly dropped off. The combat looked flashy and was fun for a few hours, but started to get repetitive. I should go back and finish it.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I can get behind this choice.

Not my goty but a really good to great game.

The shooting is fun, meaty and impactfull, the powers are a lot of fun, the plot and atmosphere are great.

Too bad for the horrible performance overall.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
It's one of the best games I've played this year, much better than Quantum Break. I'd happily give it a 9 if it wasn't for the fugly character model and serious performance drops (I played it on base PS4, thankfully post patch).

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I traded it in, gave up. It was interesting, but the gameplay was frustrating and repetitive. Maybe it was me, but they seem to encourage you to keep moving and be aggressive, yet spawned enemies all over who either sniped you or had tracking rockets, so you wanted to take cover and hide. The mechnicas seems to work against themselves.

The Shepard

Would I like control if I didn't like remedys last game quantum break? I found that utterly boring, I did like Alan wake though.

My game of the year is resident evil 2 so far.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
I have it on PC.... It's ok. It's so much of the same stuff tho. I'm like 3 hours in and it still hasn't grabbed me like the Max Payne series or even Alan Wake. The story had potential but gets so jumbled by fetch quests.

Atmosphere and aesthetics are top notch. Love the idea, not so huge on the execution.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
BgjDK8j.jpg

Based. I love Jawkoto like women! (I still think Jawkoto looks cute here)

Siri

Banned
You guys saying that this game is average, or that it’s ‘boring’, or that it’s formulaic - that just blows my mind. I’ve been gaming since 1985 and Control is one of the most unique and creative games I’ve ever played.

Top Bottom