• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control Expansion 2 titled AWE, links directly to Alan Wake

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

"The Bureau investigated the most dangerous of alternate worlds events in this lost sector. Files were confidential, items quarantined and powers abandoned. But now the area is compromised and the objects are in nature ..."

Slight spoiler for Control:

For those who played Control and searched a little, you know that Alice is somewhere in the Bureau . Also, there is this:

control_alan_wake.png

Control_20190816163917.png
Control_20190816161818.png

And now with the last trailer, we finally see Alan at the end:

unknown.png

Also, there is this "trailer" with Alan Wake in Quantum Break:

So Gaf,are you hype ? What's the role of Alan Wake in all of this ? Does the typewriter just an object with the Hiss, or there is more than that ?
Can't wait to know more and more important, I'M READY FOR ALAN WAKE 2 !

And remember, stay in the light...

Last edited:

alstrike

I loved CONTROL and the expansion but I don't know if I want to play it anymore on my Pro or wait for the PS5, it was insufferable at times...

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Alan Wake is back in best game of this gen.

Discuss. Or maybe not, I already know that you cannot wait after cookie cutter gaming offerings this year.

I will report any negative reaction, just saying.

No not really, I am not an idiot

Last edited:
I haven't played Control yet but I'm more interested in this DLC than the main game since it teases Alan Wake. Remedy should give us a proper sequel one of these days.

Banned
Alan Wake is amazing . Control is ok...

QPaSLMv.png

Control > Alan Wake

better and more dynamic game mechanics, less repetitive, more interesting world building.

I love both, but Control is definitely the better game

NICE! I always felt that they were in the same universe.

I mean, not only does Control have a lot of Alan Wake story bits in it (you find info on what happened after Alan Wake to a point, like what happened to his wife) but this DLC was announced literally like a few weeks after the game came out

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
if there's any developer with his head stuck in his own ass and being out of touch, it's sam lake.

in other news i was thinking about giving control another go around cus it didn't strike well the first time, but there's no new game plus.. soo

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Strange....the trailer is in 4k and looks a lot better then the PS4 Pro version

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Strange....the trailer is in 4k and looks a lot better then the PS4 Pro version

Control had a really good PC port, Id imagine they use that version for most promotional stuff.

Im so psyched that this is coming out this month, if one of the Epic Games titles is Alan Wake 2 Im already sold.
But really any of the cases in Control could be expanded into its own game....in Remedy we trust.

Bring back Max Payne, enough with this bullshit

Thats a Rockstar IP, shout at Rockstar to make a sequel(reboot) of Max Payne.

Black_Stride

But for a Playstation trailer?

Yes.
Games do this all the time.....you think they will recapture the trailer on each respective platform?

The same trailer is used on the official Xbox channel as well.

TGO

Yes.
Games do this all the time.....you think they will recapture the trailer on each respective platform?

The same trailer is used on the official Xbox channel as well.
True but they could at least how uploaded a 1080p trailer instead of a 4k one when the game isn't even 4k on PS4 Pro
Godfall is 4k and that doesn't even have a 4k trailer.
Seems a bit silly to me.

Black_Stride

True but they could at least how uploaded a 1080p trailer instead of a 4k one when the game isn't even 4k on PS4 Pro
Godfall is 4k and that doesn't even have a 4k trailer.
Seems a bit silly to me.

So you want them to re encode the trailer to a lower bitrate instead of uploading the one they have that makes the game look best?

Which option sound silly?

Godfall was running on a PS5 devkit, so likely it legitimately was running at 1080p60 and they dont have a 4K60 capture thus the 1080p60 videos.

TGO

So you want them to re encode the trailer to a lower bitrate instead of uploading the one they have that makes the game look best?

Which option sound silly?

Godfall was running on a PS5 devkit, so likely it legitimately was running at 1080p60 and they dont have a 4K60 capture thus the 1080p60 videos.
You know the 1080p trailer was available first?
Either way it doesn't matter, just thought it was odd choice given its only 1080p on Pro

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Is Quantum Break ever referenced in Control ? Since QB references Control in a place or two.
Yeah it is, for example Town of Ordinary is in Remedy Verse since American Nightmare and protagonist a her brother grew up there. I would say that Control is the richest when it comes to Remedy-verse.

Put it in my veins and while you are it get me a Alan Wake remaster!!!! Come on Remedy loved Control besides being a bit repetitive but hat maze totally compensate for it

T-Cake

Put it in my veins and while you are it get me a Alan Wake remaster!!!! Come on Remedy loved Control besides being a bit repetitive but hat maze totally compensate for it

That is what I hope this is leading up to. If you've been a PlayStation player, you won't have any idea who the hell Alan Wake even is. So if they do an Alan Wake remaster for XSX/PS5 then Alan Wake 2 comes along after.

That is what I hope this is leading up to. If you've been a PlayStation player, you won't have any idea who the hell Alan Wake even is. So if they do an Alan Wake remaster for XSX/PS5 then Alan Wake 2 comes along after.

Already finished AlanWake, 3 times lol

1x on 360 and another 2 on PC.

Really hoping for a remaster to people play this gem

raduque

I can't wait, but my dog damned PC will be packed away by then and there's no way in hell I'm gonna play this on my laptop - I need to experience it in it's full glory.

Elginer

Alan Wake is in my top 5 fav gaming experiences ever. Game just blew my mind as a fan of weird fiction and how deep it could do. I have Control with the season pass on PS4 but am waiting for the free PS5 version to finally dive into it. It had some serious technical issues on my PRo. I love Alan Wake and am excited to see Remedy uniting all of their worlds.

Top Bottom