• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control Dev Team Moves onto Remedy “New, Exciting” Project

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Remedy Entertainment has a lot on its plate, and the company's most recent earnings report included details on how their many projects are progressing. For those that haven’t been keeping up, Remedy currently has five projects on their plate – CrossfireX, the free-to-play co-op game Vanguard, a pair of titles funded by Epic Games, heavily rumored to be set in the Alan Wake universe, and a “next big thing” fresh IP. Well, according to Remedy, the Control team has moved on to new things and CrossfireX is almost complete, allowing them to ramp up production on their new projects…

Almost all of our internal Control developers have moved on to work on other Remedy projects, including a new, exciting early-phase project. The Crossfire team is finalizing the single-player operations for Smilegate’s CrossfireX and Crossfire HD. With both of these games launching in 2021, this is a significant year for Crossfire. Remedy’s AAA game project with Epic Games is soon moving into full production, and the second, smaller-scale game continues in full production mode. With Vanguard, our free-to-play co-op game project, we have now defined many of the core elements of the game. Development progresses at a good pace, internal playtesting continues, and we are starting the next phase of closed gameplay testing.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Control was wonderful! Can't wait to see their next project!

EPsYVgx.gif

Last edited:

jakinov

Won’t be seeing most of these till mid-gen so cut my excitement down to 0 lol
They plan to have short dev cycles for future games. Control was only created in 3 years with a small budget A big part of Remedy spiel to investors is that they build their engine and designed their workflow/pipeline in a way that they can create these games faster and cheaper. Control was the first example of that. Anything can happen or things might not work out as planned. But if things go right you could see the game a bit earlier than you expect. More specifically the Epic one which was already started before they got the publishing deal over a year ago.

Kerotan

Just Platinumed control and all the dlc too. Fabulous game. Hadn't played anything like it since maybe beyond two souls but it's more fun gameplay wise for sure.

Don't mind if it's exclusive but if it is I just hope it's for the ps5.

carlosrox

Banned
Currently playing Control for the first time and I think the game is incredible.

Absolutely hyped for anything Remedy does.

As much as I love Max Payne 3 I would fucking die if they did Max Payne 4.

Alan Wake was cool and I loved Max Payne 2. 1 was good too of course but fatally flawed with the fucked up enemy AI.

Never got to play QB unfortunately.

But yeah, I love every little thing about Control. Can't wait for what's next.

Buggy Loop

One of my favourite devs in the industry. Love their quirky original style.

Hopefully Sam Lake is writing the story!

Alan Wake was so good. I have yet to play Control as I was waiting on an RTX card, oh look at that, got one today 😁

Off topic, is Control on Pc gamepass good enough? What are the major changes with ultimate edition on steam?

Mr Hyde

Control was great. Looking forward to their next game. I also hope for a port of Alan Wake to Switch sometime in the near future.

GodofWhimsy

Would love to see a sequel/spin-off to Control which you get to play as an agent of the bereau investigating some of the places/objects of power. Get see how they keep shit on the downlow MIB style.

That, or a close second would be playing as an Astralnaut exploring the metaphysical world.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
control was bad. bullet spongy, boring, bad story and main character. it starts with strong impressions but by the end I was so done with it.
great graphics and physics though. Imo Alan Wake was better, QB worse

Last edited:

LMJ

I really want something along the lines of the OG Alan Wake demo on PC, that but with all of the next gen bels and whistles OH BOY

l

PS my apologies that is the best resolution I could find, if anyone finds better PLEASE let me know lol

But a world that's dynamic, imagine walking through a town looking for clues in interactive environments when suddenly those said environments can change or be destroyed...GOD that initial trailer got me excited lol

Top Bottom