• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control Cloud Version Coming on Nintendo Switch TODAY

Jooxed

Gold Member

Jooxed

Gold Member
Cloud makes so much sense for the switch.

You and I agree on something! It really does, I am surprised at the negative reactions. I understand ownership and all of that .. heck don't even mind the downgraded ports , I have most of them. However if we can experience the games that are Impossible or next gen if the switch is our main console, sure give us the option.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You and I agree on something! It really does, I am surprised at the negative reactions. I understand ownership and all of that .. heck don't even mind the downgraded ports , I have most of them. However if we can experience the games that are Impossible or next gen if the switch is our main console, sure give us the option.

Yup, this will extend the lifespan of the switch even further than we think. Some games already unplayable without a connection like The Crew, The Division. So this doesn't make so much of a difference.

Personally, I can see Amazon collaborating with them, but allowing for full price purchases and cloud ownership like Stadia, and them having a cut from every purchase, or using Luna service. Amazon needs a good ground to grow.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
They can be hit or miss, we're not quite there for infrastructure for it, but Stadia and xCloud are really good for me, I played through all of Division 2 and Metro Exodus on Stadia just fine and played Destiny 2 on Stadia and xCloud perfectly and Ubisoft is adding Uplay+ to Stadia in November which is looking to be a bargain at the min (Watch Dogs Legion and AC Valhalla for £13 a month? I can do that and get them both finished within that month)

Yea I think thats great, Stadia and Xbox allowing that is fantastic as well
When is Stadia getting uPlay+? isent it late in the year? I wanna play Valhalla but not sure if Im gonna wait 2 months to get it on Stadia.

Tried it out. Not sure why I have to select between performance and RTX when DLSS exists. Maybe the servers are running on AMD hardware and can't take advantage of DLSS?
Regardless, it looks great (but not perfect - lots of aliasing in Jesse's hair) but the latency of cloud games is palpable (as it always is) and combined with the 30fps limit, it made things feel a little sluggish. I also don't think Aim Assist was working properly.

In any case, it's great that more players will get to experience Control. But if you've got a gaming PC then play it there lol

Quezacolt

One of the worst news of the year when it comes to gaming. I don't want the console to eventually become the streaming only machine because devs cant be bothered porting games when Cloud gaming gives them so many benefits, while mostly none to us.

A multiplayer online only game is one thing, but this is single player games, in wich you will have input lag, need to be constantly connected to the internet, on aportable console no less, no owenership at all of the game. I'd rather have a downgraded port over this.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I still happen to have a LAN adapter so I will check this out just to see how it looks when I get home.

Nico_D

Worked great for me and I tried the better graphics version. It was slightly choppy when camera was panning in cutscenes but not much. Didn't notice much input lag either.

Then again, there wasn't much action on the screen.

Zephir

My connection sucks and my joycon drifts...and yet it was way smoother and less laggy than anything i tried on stadia...it's kind of amazing, actually! Switch can really be an amazing cloud machine to fill the power gap with next-gen games

I'll get a serious connection upgrade soon, I'll definitely retry it

SCB3

When is Stadia getting uPlay+? isent it late in the year? I wanna play Valhalla but not sure if Im gonna wait 2 months to get it on Stadia.

November 10th, same day as Valhalla's Ultimate Edition launch I believe

Skyfox

Just played this and I'm very impressed. Almost as smooth and responsive as Stadia. Very decent price and a good game.

Hitman 3 is great news too. I have this on xbox and my series x will allow me to stream to my razer kishi and s9 so I won't get this but its definitely a contender.

I was worried for nintendo's future but for once they seem tuned in to the future of the industry.

Orta

Banned
Just had a go. Was up and running in two or three minutes and it runs beautifully (I do have a 250mb internet connection though) and looks gorgeous on the Switch screen. I'm impressed to say the least.

Hopefully a glimpse of what games will at least look like on a Switch Pro.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Played it docked and handheld. Docked started up a bit faster (its a wired connection) but had no issues with getting it to play via wifi. Also it runs great 1,000mbps up and down here.

RNG

The trial is laughably short so I had to speed run as much as I could the 2nd time on performance mode to even get to the action-y bits. As someone that has played Control on PC with RTX on it's not too bad. I have 150 down/up fibre wired connection. You can definitely feel a slight delay when pressing buttons but it ran pretty smooth with no disconnects. Too bad graphics mode is not 60fps with ray tracing. Resolution seems 720p-ish and the audio quality is pretty low and muffled.

Porcile

Resident Evil 7 was so bad for me even in Japan. Don't have much hope for these kinds of experiences.

Last edited:
Top Bottom