• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Confirmed] PS Plus April Monthly Games - Days Gone, Zombie Army 4 (PS4), Oddworld Soulstorm (PS5)

RPS37

I wish they updated the store on the iOS app more quickly.

That being said, at least I can redeem my free games through the app.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
PS plus Singapore got Xmorph Defense instead of the zombie game.

Also I can’t put Oddworld into my library for some reason in the PS App. Maybe because I don’t have a PS5? It simply gives me an error when trying to view the page.

MrMephistoX

I give SIE Bend Studios credit on Days Gone, I didn’t love the characters and they have their issues but the post apocalyptic Oregon felt bigger and better (it’s not but still) than most open world games today (Elder Scrolls, Horizon etc.) taking down an entire freak horde is the best thing ever
2d0812_74cc3a6e6f954144a8278bb4a243f9ec~mv2.gif

Yes sir. Those are it. Again, careful with the heat. I like it hot so I use the whole can with sauce. Others just use two tablespoons of sauce. Others a few peppers and two tablespoons of sauce. Just put in as much to your comfort level with heat.
If you decide to give it a go, be mindful of the liquid. Beef obviously takes awhile to cook, chicken will be quicker.
Wait what this is set in Oregon my home state and its gotten a boost on PS5? Guess I finally have to check this out once I beat Yakuza Like a Dragon.

TexMex

Just played the first couple levels of Oddworld. It's pretty good but something is lacking and I have no idea what yet. Weird vibe.

SkylineRKR

I like Soulstorm so far, but I'm not sold on the crafting and looting yet. Get ready to constantly throw bottles of water at fire, throw stun mines and throw brew to light enemies up. You can double jump and gameplay is far more forgivable in general. Game looks excellent though, especially the cutscenes.

Last edited:

yurinka

Days Gone is at 71 on MC. Safe to say game sucks?
No, the game is very good and underrrated. It had a few performance issues at launch that later got fixed or tweaked, and they added nice post launch content. If it would have all that at launch it would have get a 80 MC easy.

But like any other game, it isn't for everybody. If the idea of Sons of Anarchy + Walking Dead open world game with massive zombie hordes is appealing to you, you'll love it.

Yeah, but why he is so certain that their will be a Days Gone 2?
Because despine not having great reviews, the first one was a success in sales and they are already working on the sequel. It's the best selling Bend game and had the 7th best launch for a Sony published game. Plus seeing they included it on PS Plus Collection, PS Now and PC sounds like they already achieved their sales goal and are promoting the IP to announce the sequel soon, that would released relatively soon. Probably late 2022.

DG1 development started early 2015 and was released in April 2019. During the development and after the studio did grow a lot in headcount. They already have their engine ported to PS4, and this time they don't need to make all that world building job for creating a new IP, its mechanics and so on. They just need to iterate on what they had in the first one to improve it. So compared to the first game they will save work and now they have a way bigger headcount, so it's fair to assume the 2nd will be relased faster. Let's say that instead slightly above 4 years they need this time 3 years and a half: it would be released around late 2022 (if covid didn't fuck them too much).

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Soulstorm does get far better. The first few levels are very scripted, with no one to save. Pretty much evading fire, explosions and all that. Its like they let you play the prologue this time. But after 2 or 3 chapters the game becomes like classic Abe's Exodus. I haven't used items since either.

There is some lag with jumping. The gameplay isn't as responsive as Odyssee I think which is weird as that game was on Unity (though runs absolutely perfect on PS5) but I wouldn't say its that bad either. There is also more leeway with double jump etc.

Ogbert

Nice “review”, man.
Apologies.

I simply can’t abide the sort of floaty mechanics it has, in terms of basic movement. There are so many good games out there, even indie titles, that have perfected moment to moment gameplay; not going to waste my time on this one.

saintjules

Sorry if posted already. New-Gen upgrades!

We’re delighted to be able to announce that Zombie Army 4 is getting New-Gen upgrades on both PlayStation and Xbox hardware! Starting Tuesday, players can enjoy faster frame rates, higher resolutions and reduced loading time on the platform of their choice! In addition, Zombie Army 4 is on PlayStation Plus for the month of April, and will be coming to Xbox Game Pass in the near future, so there really has never been a better time to play with friends!

Here are the lists of upgrades for each platform, alongside the dates they will be going live;

PlayStation (6th April):

• 4K* @ 60Hz only

• Reduced loading times

*DRS enabled - The resolution of the image can drop below the target to ensure a smooth FPS.

Xbox (8th April):

Series S

• 1080p* @ 60Hz only

• Reduced loading times

Series X

• Includes quality/performance toggle with the following settings

o Quality – 4k* @ 60Hz

o Performance – 1080p @ 120Hz**

• Reduced loading times

*DRS enabled - The resolution of the image can drop below the target to ensure a smooth FPS.

**Requires a 120Hz display with HDMI 2.1 support.

Last edited:
Hell no, a lot of the woke journalists hated it because of the biker wedding scene. Also the game had tons of bugs & performance issues on launch, but the vast majority of them have been fixed. It's one of Sony's best open world games from last gen.
A lot of violence also

nowhat

Zombie Army 4 seems stupid. But sometimes stupid can be fun. I laughed out loud at the intro video when I got to "Hitler woke the dead". Laughed out loud the second time when I got a slow-mo for a nut shot (which I totally think should be a thing in addition to headshots). By the time I saw the first suicide zombie I was laughing so hard that I was unable to shoot it and got killed. Stupid, but fun.

But I'm unable to do co-op with a friend between PS5 and PS4. Has anyone got this to work? I suppose it must be the game and/or servers, other games have been fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom