• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Confirmed] PS Plus April Monthly Games - Days Gone, Zombie Army 4 (PS4), Oddworld Soulstorm (PS5)

bored zzz GIF

Really good for PS4 owners if this is true.

Then again, Days Gone at sub 30fps with game freezes cause your bike was too fast sucked.

I'd strongly recommend anyway considering playing this on PS4 to just wait until they have a PS5 and can play it at 60fps. It was like a whole new unfrustrating experience for me.

Playing that game at 60FPS felt really good. I can't even lie about that.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
It is for PS4 users that doesn't have access to PS Plus Collection without own a PS5.
Well at the same time people with PS5's will get one game less from the monthly offerings. Personally I liked when Sony was giving away multiplatform games for all platforms (like for instance for PS3, PS4 and Vita), without counting them as separate products.

Last edited:

celsowmbr

Banned
I am curious now:

Days gone is a really good game, but this is complete BS since the game is already in the ps+ collection-I already have it from that, because I got ps+

Entroyp

Days gone is a really good game, but this is complete BS since the game is already in the ps+ collection-I already have it from that, because I got ps+

Yea but I believe it’s for the PS4 folks, which are quite a lot. We do get Soulstorm which is really nice.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
im so gonna try soul storm, i heard good things about this franchise.

BobbyChill420

Neo Member
I don't think it's true. The asterisk/superscript number is on the outside of the white/purple flag denoting PS4 or PS5 on the image provided by the linked website, and the announcement images on the PSBlog Germany have it on the inside of the flag. It's fake.

Boy the selfish bastards complaining about Days Gone being here need to stfu. Yes it is on the PS+ Collection for those of us with a PS5 but out of 40+ million PS Plus members how many have a PS5? Like 6-7 million that's it. 30+ million others are getting a game they didn't have. Some of you really need to look at things differently.

saintjules

Zombie Army has a performance mode at least on the Xbox One X last I read. 1080p 60fps or 4k30.

PS4 Pro could get 60 under boost mode(?) Not sure for the previous gen base models.

Windows Central

Recently, we came across information that confirmed Zombie Army 4 features two different modes on Xbox One X. There's a "Performance" option that lowers the resolution to around 1080p and renders the game at 60 frames per second (FPS). If you choose "Quality," the rendering resolution appears to be 4K, but the frame rate is limited to 30 FPS. Since Zombie Army 4 isn't a fast-paced game, it looks stunning on the Quality setting.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Terrible month. All they're doing is recycling games from around the ecosystem. This month is a major L as a ps5 owner

skit_data

Boy the selfish bastards complaining about Days Gone being here need to stfu. Yes it is on the PS+ Collection for those of us with a PS5 but out of 40+ million PS Plus members how many have a PS5? Like 6-7 million that's it. 30+ million others are getting a game they didn't have. Some of you really need to look at things differently.
I have to agree, maybe because I already owned 9/10 games in the PS+ collection, so this stuff barely matters to me anyway.

A barely 2 year old first party exclusive and a brand new game in Soulstorm is not a bad month by any means.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Terrible month. All they're doing is recycling games from around the ecosystem. This month is a major L as a ps5 owner
Not at all, we get a really interesting game in a great series on day one in Oddworld Soulstorm, yes we already have Days Gone but we need to stop being selfish and realise tens of millions on PS4 likely haven't experienced this great game and the more eyes on it the better as it deserves it! Zombie Army 4 is also a really fun co-op title.

Not every month has to be full of blockbuster announcements, the real time for PS5 owners to get their rewards for being a day one customer starts from Returnal's release all the way through a 2021 that looks to be stacked full of great AAA and indie experiences. It was pretty clear in a post COVID world that Sony weren't going to fire on all cylinders every month, if you didn't expect a minor drought at somepoint this year, then more fool you.

Well, PS4 userbase is still active by a large margin. Of course will put something for them in PS+. To me is a solid month for PS5 owners. Oddworld was always great

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Soulstrom seems like one of them games epic would steal from steam. Hope PaPa Sweeney breaks out the Fortnite bucks to grace us with a freebie too

Murdoch

No. Playing it at the moment and its a blast. Can even ad that Days Gones Motorcyckle is one of the best video game vehicles ever.

I thought this game was borderline incredible to be honest (a few corny lines apart) it really grabbed me where other Zombie games didn't.

Top Bottom