• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Confirmed] PS Plus April Monthly Games - Days Gone, Zombie Army 4 (PS4), Oddworld Soulstorm (PS5)

DonJorginho

Banned
April's PlayStation Plus lineup.

Source (info provided by billbil-kun and verified by MyDealz)

Days Gone (PS4)
Ride and fight into a deadly, post pandemic America.

Do you have the skill – and nerve – to survive the horrors of a broken world in this massive open-world action adventure?

Step into the dirt flecked shoes of former outlaw biker Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter trying to find a reason to live in a land surrounded by death. Scavenge through abandoned settlements for equipment to craft valuable items and weapons, or take your chances with other survivors trying to eke out a living through fair trade… or more violent means.

With humanity devastated by a global pandemic and ravaged by feral creatures known as Freakers, any mistake could be your last in your attempt to carve out a new life in the hostile Pacific Northwest high-desert.

Zombie Army 4: Dead War (PS4)
Hitler’s hordes are back for more in this spine-chilling shooter from the makers of Sniper Elite 4! Abominable occult enemies, epic weapons and a harrowing new campaign for 1-4 players await in 1940s Europe, as you fight to save humankind from undead Armageddon!

The resistance have defeated Zombie Hitler and cast him into Hell – but the dead rise once again with greater hunger than before! Continue the alternate history of Zombie Army Trilogy in huge new levels, and uncover a sinister plan that takes the Survivor Brigade across Italy and beyond!

Experience genre-defining ballistics, build the slayer that suits you and harness the power of fire, lightning and divine escence as you upgrade your guns to fight back against the dead. When the horde surrounds you, tear them apart with enhanced melee combat and flesh-rending takedown moves!

Oddworld: Soulstorm (PS5)
In Oddworld: Soulstorm, you reprise the role of Abe the Mudokon, accidental hero turned leader of a growing revolution. We first met Abe in the first game of the quintology, Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty. Abe is a floor-waxer at Mullock the Glukkon’s RuptureFarms meat packing plant. He accidentally learns about Molluck’s plan to turn Mudokons into tasty treats. He wants to save himself, but he’s compelled him to try to save everyone. His selfless act is the spark that sets the revolution ablaze.

Soulstorm is the second game in quintology. In it, you will explore massive cinematic scale and weird and wonderful 2.9D environments filled with breathtaking visuals. 2.9D lets you venture into the world. It creates greater scale and action. Adds depth and immersion.

Last edited:

Mikey Jr.

As Days Gone is already available via the PS Plus Collection I seriously doubt that would be one of the monthly games

Ps plus collection is only for ps5.

Ps plus is for both ps4 and ps5.

So I can see this happening.

How is that zombie game anyways? Worth playing?

Arun1910

Really good for PS4 owners if this is true.

Then again, Days Gone at sub 30fps with game freezes cause your bike was too fast sucked.

I'd strongly recommend anyway considering playing this on PS4 to just wait until they have a PS5 and can play it at 60fps. It was like a whole new unfrustrating experience for me.

Mmnow

Not a bad month just for Soulstorm tbh. It's a game I would've played eventually, but will now probably play immediately.

Less impressed by Days Gone. Facebook goes mad every time a PS Now addition becomes a PS+ game, and this one is in the PS+ collection too. I get it, there's a sizeable amount of people that don't have access to either, but for those that do it's old hat. And those that do are the biggest PlayStation supporters.

This doesn't seem like a massively unrealistic prediction. There's no random remakes in the mix, and I should imagine the announcement is actually imminent. So not too bad a bet.

engstra

I dunno, a lot of people still on PS4 were miffed and upset about it. Seems like a home run PR move. Soulstorm is coming to PS+ for PS5 too so that will be the premier next gen PS+ title.
I guess it makes sense, I'm looking forward to check out Soulstorm anyhow. Guess we'll see in a few hours!

Kupfer

Days gone would be horrible for people with a ps5
At least we're getting Oddworld ...
Days Gone was on sale so often and I bought it over a year ago for less than 20$, so I can't image there are many people out there who would like such a game but not own it already.

SkylineRKR

DG could work for PS4 owners but its in the Plus collection and thus available for everyone with a PS5 and sub. But Soulstorm is more than enough though, its a new game and one I'm looking forward to.

HAL-01

Days Gone ain’t happening. Sony’s not about to devalue their own PS5 exclusive plus collection by making one game redundant

skit_data

Days Gone ain’t happening. Sony’s not about to devalue their own PS5 exclusive plus collection by making one game redundant
Well, they have had UC4, Bloodborne on psplus, and are currently giving away R&C completely free so i wouldnt say its out of the picture

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I dunno, a lot of people still on PS4 were miffed and upset about it. Seems like a home run PR move. Soulstorm is coming to PS+ for PS5 too so that will be the premier next gen PS+ title.
Yeah, I wouldnt be shocked if this was on there.

Some ppl bring up companies still honoring last gen consoles. This would be one way.

Cant just treat the PS4 and its users like its forgotten....yet.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Days Gone is at 71 on MC. Safe to say game sucks?
No.

It may have been caught in the 'zombie fatigue' tidal wave that many thought was gonna happen. Also was part of debates about other games getting a pass from reviewers for more egregious issues. (Cyberpunk 2077)

Sales indicate ppl actually liked it.

Last edited:
I'm sure most people already know this, but if you want the ps plus collection and don't have a ps5, all you have to do is sign in on a friend's PS5 and "purchase" each of the free games, then you can dowload them on your ps4.

Rebellio’s games are awesome co-op MP shooters. Strange Brigade is one of the most under appreciated games last gen.
I really, really hope that the Zombie Army 4 part is correct, because you are also correct that their games are amazing in coop.

I don't think I have ever even heard of Strange Brigade though, but I am definitely going to check it out!

Top Bottom