• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmation that the Vikings traveled to the US 1000 years ago. (Solar Storm recorded in wood samples)

Tschumi

consensus means nothing. it has zero scientific value
I just mean to say that if it was already proven then it wouldn't be a big deal for it to be proven now. It would have been widely acknowledged in the 90s. I guess you can come up with a reason why it wasn't accepted until now, but it is clear enough to me.

Didn't happen, so it didn't happen. Happened now though.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Wait, I thought Reichera, twitter and others said people from Africa had discovered it first?
Well, in a sense all modern humans are from Africa, it may have just taken 40,000+ years to make the trip :p

One day we might have a better understanding of how many other hominid 'near-human' type groups there were and how we wiped them out or bred them out :p

jason10mm

Gold Member
I find the human subspecies like Neanderthal fascinating. How much of our mythic lore about dwarves, elves, Goblins, and the like are based on these species co-existing with modern humans for longer than conventional wisdom now suggests?

Fools idol

Banned
holy fuck, Graham Hancock validated yet again.

I dont know how many of you guys are aware but there is a historian out there by the name of Graham hancock and his videos / books are really interesting. Not only did he predict this would be found out as true more than 20 years ago, he also has pieced together some really interesting theories and supposedly 'backed up' evidence that our ancients globe trotted far more than we initially thought.

He did a video recently about how there was once a global civilisation which is really responsible for most of the monolithic stone buildings found around the world, that supposedly got wiped out by a great flood thousands of years ago. It's wild at first, but compelling to say the least, and as stories like this come to light it makes an ever more interesting listen.

he theorises that a place named Gobleki Tepei is heavily misunderstood and actually the most preserved work of what he calls the 'Atlantis civilisation' and as far out as it seems at first, I strongly suggest a watch of his videos on youtube. He goes into great depth on the science and historical evidence he has documented himself... and it has none of the ancient aliens bullshit you may expect from this kind of reach.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I dont know how many of you guys are aware but there is a historian out there by the name of Graham hancock and his videos / books are really interesting. Not only did he predict this would be found out as true more than 20 years ago, he also has pieced together some really interesting theories and supposedly 'backed up' evidence that our ancients globe trotted far more than we initially thought.

He did a video recently about how there was once a global civilisation which is really responsible for most of the monolithic stone buildings found around the world, that supposedly got wiped out by a great flood thousands of years ago. It's wild at first, but compelling to say the least, and as stories like this come to light it makes an ever more interesting listen.

he theorises that a place named Gobleki Tepei is heavily misunderstood and actually the most preserved work of what he calls the 'Atlantis civilisation' and as far out as it seems at first, I strongly suggest a watch of his videos on youtube. He goes into great depth on the science and historical evidence he has documented himself... and it has none of the ancient aliens bullshit you may expect from this kind of reach.

Yep, and Egyptians didn't have sea fairing boats "to take the pharaohs' spirits to the Gods" like they want to cover up for. They had them because they had causeways back then that reached the temples, and they were a sea fairing civilization. That part of Egypt wasn't always covered in sand. They even found water erosion from heavy floods when they dug deep enough around the Sphynx.

dcll

Banned
Yep, and Egyptians didn't have sea fairing boats "to take the pharaohs' spirits to the Gods" like they want to cover up for. They had them because they had causeways back then that reached the temples, and they were a sea fairing civilization. That part of Egypt wasn't always covered in sand. They even found water erosion from heavy floods when they dug deep enough around the Sphynx.
If I recall hearing correctly it is something like the erosion on the Sphinx would have to place it's age way older when that area had different weather and climate and it is 1000's of years older

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm cool with cancelling Columbus Day now. I'd rather have a Viking holiday honestly.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

lukilladog

Graham calls himself a reporter I think, I give him that. Anyway, novel predictions are the worthy ones, just looking at widely known possible evidence of something and declaring that it is, is not one.

Fools idol

Banned
If I recall hearing correctly it is something like the erosion on the Sphinx would have to place it's age way older when that area had different weather and climate and it is 1000's of years older
this is correct..

It's been a while since I have read up but from memory, the sum of the idea is that the Spinx is actually WAY older than the pyramids, and that the great pyramids themselves are actually perfectly aligned to match certain star alignments. This was debunked in modern times as the lines no longer match up - however, if looked at from the time they were constructed the stars align perfectly, its just that over time everything has moved.

As for their purpose, hancock thinks they were an ancient energy plant. There are some truly bizarre anomalies within the great pyramid layout as well as it's materials used, its near perfect alignment to true north by a fraction of a degree.. the dimensions if earth are encoded within it's dimensions which is unthinkable during a time when most thought the earth was flat.

Hancock reckons they used the materials they did for their extreme heat and radiation resistant properties.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
this is correct..

It's been a while since I have read up but from memory, the sum of the idea is that the Spinx is actually WAY older than the pyramids, and that the great pyramids themselves are actually perfectly aligned to match certain star alignments. This was debunked in modern times as the lines no longer match up - however, if looked at from the time they were constructed the stars align perfectly, its just that over time everything has moved.

As for their purpose, hancock thinks they were an ancient energy plant. There are some truly bizarre anomalies within the great pyramid layout as well as it's materials used, its near perfect alignment to true north by a fraction of a degree.. the dimensions if earth are encoded within it's dimensions which is unthinkable during a time when most thought the earth was flat.

Hancock reckons they used the materials they did for their extreme heat and radiation resistant properties.

I subscribe to the theory that they were freeform energy plants. Much like how Tesla understood freeform energy.

Top Bottom