• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Computers used to make Final Fantasy 7 animations

Wow I remember seeing pictures of this in magazines when I was a kid! Never seen it in motion before.

Also:
rKBxwmT.jpg

dat ass.jpg

It's amazing to look back and see what was cutting edge in 1996.
I was just talking about how we'll have generations of people that never got to experience the difference of going from the Nes/SNES/Genesis-era to the PSX/N64/Dreamcast era and how quickly the tech grew and evolved. We'll never see a jump like the 16-bit era to the PSX/N64 ever again until we get the matrix kind of plug-in style of playing. Gaming changed on a fundamental level in that generation. Now it just evolves to looking like nicer versions of the previous generations.

DonF

Man I love early 3D stuff like this. Might look like ass by today’s standards but it felt so magical seeing stuff move around in 3D in the early days.
I remember being blown away by ffvii, I couldn't believe they made something look that realistic, then ffviii hit and I thought this guy's are wizards! How could they improve so much on the same hardware... And then they released ffix. The absolute madlads!!

Good times. Now I might complain over a frame drop on a 4k60 game hahaha

Top Bottom