• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Compiling a list of Jim Ryan's Arrogant BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufianos

May 14, 2015
Oh here we go again, another Jim Ryan thread.

Just listened to Colin Moriarty go on a mini rant about some of Sony's recent transgressions and he barely scratched the surface. Thought it might be helpful to do a full list:

- Initial refusal to implement cross-play

- Abandoning E3, a far cry from the Sony that gave us PSX and The Year of Dreams.

- Trash PS5 news rollout which included months of silence and pretentious Wired articles.

- $70 games and even more insultingly, £70 and €80 ones which are well above the conversion rate. This pricing doesn't only apply to the mega blockbusters but smaller / niche / remaster releases such as Returnal and Nioh 2.

- Disdain towards the idea of playing old games and no efforts for backwards compatibility.

- Lack of PS5 upgrades for games like Bloodborne and TLOU II. Spider-Man is kept behind an Ultimate Edition paywall.

- PC ports which I personally have no issue with but I know some do, especially as we're waiting for PS5 ports / upgrades of extremely obvious blockbusters.

- Deception about the cross-gen nature of Horizon II and Miles Morales.

- Closure of the Vita store despite selling dev kits as recently as a few weeks ago.

- Everything Schrier wrote about yesterday.

Sure I've missed a lot. Feel free to add. Pretty grim eh?

#BringBackLayden

Last edited:

bender

Candy Corn Aficionado
Apr 12, 2010

SLB1904

I'm a massive child who is on perm notice for crying about plastic boxes.
Oct 24, 2017
Wait op I'm just going to pick up my eyes, this thread made me roll my eyes do hard that I dropped them

Airbus Jr

Aug 12, 2018
Jim Ryan is not even a gamer right ?

Does anyone here know his psn acount ?

Probably doesnt even exist

Hes your typical white collar businessman

Last edited:

SSfox

Lies about why mods reply ban and warn me.
Jan 7, 2018
Mark Cerny crafted a masterpiece console for what???

So can Sony will put quarter their studios for a fucking TLOU1 remake, because "MUH TV SHOW MUH", can't believe they burned Japan Studio for this kind of shit, and asking for 70$ per game for this kind of trashcan. I can't believe somebody was able to beat Don Mattrick in terms stupidity!!

• Triggered
Reactions: PharaoTutAnchAmun
Status
Not open for further replies.