• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Commies, ADL, and supported by EA, teaming up for another "Gamers are Dead" scenario

Not saying anything...
latest

Birlikte_-_Podiumsdiskussion-0454_-_Anetta_Kahane_-_Ausschnitt.jpg

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
May I recommend the Trails/Kiseki series?

Thanks! I love Ys and I've been meaning to start Trails for a while now. Too many games on my backlog for now. Interesting enough, most japanese games. I have the entire yakuza series now + Judgement.
It's likely were I'll go next. FF7 Remake was a blast.

Reactions: Isa

Lunar Archivist

Neo Member

I'm trying to invite Lunar to come here

And I have come. My apologies for being so late to the party. Let's just that NeoGAF's approval system isn't know for its speed and leave it at that. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Okay, there've been a few new developments since the previous comment in this thread as well as some information that's come to light, so let's get to them:

1. One of the co-founders of "No Pixels For Fascists", Pascal Wagner, wrote a guest essay called "Die antifaschistische Verantwortung der Game Studies" ("The Antifascist Responsibility of Game Studies") where he had this to say:

In our estimation, research can never be free of ideology, however much some sciences would like to see themselves depicted as neutral presentations of facts. [...] It is therefore indispensable for the sciences, also for the subarea of Game Studies, to openly and publicly position themselves against fascist, misanthropic, misogynistic, and transphobic and homophobic currents in order to also introduce this central scientific and ethical insight, this evidence-based thinking, into the discussion about the form of society and human rights. [...] If both Game Studies as well as the historical science of digital games research in particular want to be a serious, transparent, and comprehensible science, they must subscribe to the scientific ethics of a free, open, and diverse society and be fuelled by the collected previous experience of the humanities unified within them. Together with other disciplines, they can therefore be the ideal tool to inform about both antidemocratic and misanthropic currents in digital games as well as their emergence and consequences and to take a decisive position themselves against destructive, fascistic fundamental attitudes.

In other words, they want to inject "diversity" and call out culture into Game Studies, the humanities, and the sciences by having researchers self-censor any potentially "problematic" content and publicly denounce any right-wing ideas and values while simultaneously promoting left-wing ideas and values.

2. One of the individuals interviewed by "No Pixels For Fascists", Michelle Janßen, for their blog post "Rechtes Gedankengut und Gaming-Youtube" ("Right-Wing Ideology and Gaming YouTube") - which was essentially a hit piece aimed at German YouTubers and streamers like Erik "Gronkh" Range and their communities - made such hot takes as claiming that action should be taken to remove things like heterosexism and antifeminism from our society or that joking about feminism counts as right-wing rhetoric.

3. Another member of the initiative, Lara Keilbart, stated in the newspaper interview "Spielend gegen Nazis" ("Playing Against Nazis") stated that one of their objectives is to have Germany introduce and legally enforce online anti-hate speech legislation and then use that backdoor to force such regulations on the rest of the EU and everyone else.

The alliance has a two-pronged approach: First, they want to make their positions public and provide information about right-wing tendencies and strategies. The target here is the scene itself, but also decision makers in politics and the industry. For example, it would be necessary "to legally oblige platforms to take stronger actions against hateful comments", according to Keilbart and going beyond national borders as well. This would be comparable to data protection regulations, where, since 2018, the "General Data Protection Regulation" has been regulating the processing of personal data across the EU.

4. The most recent bit of insanity came in the form of a guide entitled "Wie man Rechtsextreme in Videospiel-Communitys erkennt" ("How To Recognize Right-Wing Extremists in Video Game Communities"). The telltale "signs" ran the gamut from having an inordinate amoung of Nazi references in your online profile (which, admittedly, might have some merit) to more benign stuff like being a member of the official Steam group of a right-wing German political party or negatively reviewing "Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition" for compromising historical accuracy with forced diversity and the developers treating their customers like crap.

Look, I'm new here and was invited as a guest. If you believe I'm overestimating the threat these people pose to gaming and free speech on the Internet, that's your call. However, this isn't like what happened in 2014 with GamerGate. We're not just dealing with Gawker Media and an extended hipster clique, here. These people are being endorsed by a major AAA publsher and funded by the German government. They may not ultimately succeed, but they have the potential to do a hell of a lot of damage along the way.

And I have come. My apologies for being so late to the party. Let's just that NeoGAF's approval system isn't know for its speed and leave it at that. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Okay, there've been a few new developments since the previous comment in this thread as well as some information that's come to light, so let's get to them:

1. One of the co-founders of "No Pixels For Fascists", Pascal Wagner, wrote a guest essay called "Die antifaschistische Verantwortung der Game Studies" ("The Antifascist Responsibility of Game Studies") where he had this to say:

In other words, they want to inject "diversity" and call out culture into Game Studies, the humanities, and the sciences by having researchers self-censor any potentially "problematic" content and publicly denounce any right-wing ideas and values while simultaneously promoting left-wing ideas and values.

2. One of the individuals interviewed by "No Pixels For Fascists", Michelle Janßen, for their blog post "Rechtes Gedankengut und Gaming-Youtube" ("Right-Wing Ideology and Gaming YouTube") - which was essentially a hit piece aimed at German YouTubers and streamers like Erik "Gronkh" Range and their communities - made such hot takes as claiming that action should be taken to remove things like heterosexism and antifeminism from our society or that joking about feminism counts as right-wing rhetoric.

3. Another member of the initiative, Lara Keilbart, stated in the newspaper interview "Spielend gegen Nazis" ("Playing Against Nazis") stated that one of their objectives is to have Germany introduce and legally enforce online anti-hate speech legislation and then use that backdoor to force such regulations on the rest of the EU and everyone else.

4. The most recent bit of insanity came in the form of a guide entitled "Wie man Rechtsextreme in Videospiel-Communitys erkennt" ("How To Recognize Right-Wing Extremists in Video Game Communities"). The telltale "signs" ran the gamut from having an inordinate amoung of Nazi references in your online profile (which, admittedly, might have some merit) to more benign stuff like being a member of the official Steam group of a right-wing German political party or negatively reviewing "Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition" for compromising historical accuracy with forced diversity and the developers treating their customers like crap.

Look, I'm new here and was invited as a guest. If you believe I'm overestimating the threat these people pose to gaming and free speech on the Internet, that's your call. However, this isn't like what happened in 2014 with GamerGate. We're not just dealing with Gawker Media and an extended hipster clique, here. These people are being endorsed by a major AAA publsher and funded by the German government. They may not ultimately succeed, but they have the potential to do a hell of a lot of damage along the way.
Welcome friend!

Bryank75

Banned

Wow, it's just getting worse and worse... the truth is that they are the fascists, they seek to control society in every sense, every thought, every feeling, I see companies and countries chipping people now, forced vaccines that have seen very little testing, they now seem to be coming up with more and more reasons to keep the lockdown going here where I live...... despite the numbers dropping very low.

If it keeps going at this rate, the only option will be to fight in a very real way.

Edit: Also welcome to Neogaf!

Last edited:
In simple terms its their method, not their morality that is the real issue.
Your methods are your morality... the rest is just rationalization, it doesn't matter to me if you do whatever it is you're doing because religion or ideological possession. You act violently to control what the others do, it means deep inside you are violent, even if you have a rainbow on your t-shirt (unless you are defending yourself from obvious physical arm).

Lunar Archivist

Neo Member
Welcome friend!

Also welcome to Neogaf!

Thank you both. :)

Wow, it's just getting worse and worse... the truth is that they are the fascists, they seek to control society in every sense, every thought, every feeling.

That is indeed the problem here, sadly. I mean, they even outright say it in their self-contradictory mission statement, where they seem to be implying that their idea of creating a diverse and inclusive utopian space in gaming entails driving out anyone who disagrees with them.

Video games can be colorful and diverse places [...] where everyone can feel comfortable and where nobody is excluded. [...] We will gladly do without people who disagree with that.

What a lot of my friends and I can't figure out is why they're overplaying their hand like this. Usually, SJWs keep things a bit closer to the vest and only reveal their true intentions once victory is within grasp. "No Pixels For Fascists" is making a very public, very blatant power grab and announcing it with every press release they get. Either they're just that overconfident...or they know something we don't and have entered monologuing supervillain mode because they think they're tust that close to winning. I think it's in the best interest of the international gaming community to figure out which one of those it is.

Your methods are your morality... the rest is just rationalization, it doesn't matter to me if you do whatever it is you're doing because religion or ideological possession.

Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone can defend the morality of these people, who seem to have some very fascistic tendencies for a bunch of antifascists. I mean, they're not even bothering to hide their authoritarian intentions and are classifying anyone who disagrees with the worldview or is the slightest bit conservative as an Evil Right-Wing Nazi Extremist Doo-Doo Head™.

Top Bottom