• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Commies, ADL, and supported by EA, teaming up for another "Gamers are Dead" scenario

Tesseract

Banned
FwN9hQd.gif

i just wanna play video games
I get you. But sadly, and I can't believe I'm saying this... This is why we are in this mess in the first place. Too many people just wanted to play games and we let this crap seep in because we ignored it and just kept buyin and playin... Just look at all the the ways people from all sides of the fanboy isle try so hard to defend their fav games or platforms from being "hurt" by anything negative, even when it's clearly political, with the most recent example being TLOU2's leaks.

I'm prepping myself for Halo. Halo is dear to me. My friggin corpuscles are little Master Chief helmets. But man with all this SJW crap being injected into everything I'm girding myself for the worst. Though I love the games... I'll not defend them from ANY SJW crap found within. Even if I don't agree with things others think are SJW propaganda. If only to send a message to any dev thinking about it that I don't want that crap injected into my beloved series. Or anything really. But I'm far more harsh on things I love than things I don't. Because I actually care and I want them to be better.

desertdroog

Remember when the woke crowd said they were not going to take away your video games? If they had the talent to make games out of the box and get market support they would do so. Instead they do the incremental creep into existing studios and game IP's to make both a shadow of the glory of what made those entities popular and great.

It happened to Bioware with Mass Effect and I argue we will see it with Naughty Dog after TLOU 2. Their parasitic behavior has inertia, and we will see this continue through the next generation if they get no push back. Big fucking laugh at them using a StaSi informant as a consultant to spearhead this project. 1989 wasn't that long ago, and it doesn't look like the policies of the German Democratic Republic and events that transpired during the Berlin Wall's inception to removal is taught today.

Last edited:

DrAspirino

Banned
So band together to ban/block "right wing gamers."

Completely ignores the fact that said tactic is totalitarian in nature.

Heck, it's even in the article:

"...Janssen’s entire argument sounds like an appeal to well-known creators, in particular, to engage in a form of self-censorship."

That, as well as the idea of fascism, would not be a foreign concept to Anetta Kahane, founder of one of the main backers of “No Pixels for Fascists,”

The joke tells itself.

Keihart

This is fucking dumb. We as a society are pedal to the metal as the cliff nears. Oh well, was fun while it lasted. Oh and Fuck EA and all the 'woke' liars who are usually the true bigots and practitioners of intolerance.
Maybe this is our "Behavioral sink"
Basically, social animals according to experiments done with rats, don't have problems because of lack of resources to feed and whatnot, but instead the tipping point it's the behavior, at a certain point all the social behaviors that allow the rats to live in large groups start to break and social life becomes impossible, stress and fights are way bigger problems than having available food and space.

Pejo

I've been noticing this type of shit for years. It got played off a lot with stuff like censorship and adding """progressive""" ideas into gaming, and I was like "Whatever, I can ignore it and just play the games I like".

Then it just kept increasing and increasing, and I actually stopped for a minute and asked myself "Why?" Like why are they doing this in video games of all things? I've come up with a few answers myself, no sources, just what I think.

• Videogames are relatively young/new as a platform. There are a lot of people that want to see videogames as a legitimate art form instead of just consumable entertainment, so there's a pressure on those people to seem more adult or progressive or whatever to be taken seriously. I think this is the first problem that allows for the rest. This is also why for a ton of bigger AAA games, the idea of presentation and hollywood like story has taken over for gameplay and fun mechanics, in my opinion.
  • Children and teens play games. Children and teens are much more impressionable than adults, who mostly have their worldview set already. This is a great target for people that want to instigate change, because it's not obvious to the targets. If I keep playing games that tell me that LGBQTIA+ people are the new norm, that will start to seep in. At least that's my opinion of the idea behind it.
  • Graphic violence has become totally acceptable, where as women fanservice has become such a ridiculous taboo. This one isn't so much of an answer, but it's something I've definitely noticed over the past 10 years. In the early days of gaming, even before we had hyper realistic character models, violence was the big scare, that we would desensitize ourselves to violence and become violent ourselves. Now, violence is praised and awarded (MK11, TLoU2), but any provocative women fanservice should be immediately shut down. Then you get shouted at from the top of Mt. Morals if you don't agree. To be honest, I'm not really sure of the reason behind this one. It's been happening in movies, trade events, etc, all over the world. If this was truly a progressive stance, you would think you'd just see more equality of fanservice, not a complete shutdown of only the straight version of it.

I also don't understand how in the early 2010s, there was almost an immediate and complete sweep of game journalists that used to write about games, babes, other fun stuff, etc, to almost exclusively reporting on outrage, censorship, and virtue signaling. I'm not sure if it was just a domino effect of one journalist doing it, or if there really was something nefarious at play behind the scenes, but it was like a light switch that instantly "journos" were completely against the fans and patrons that they had been writing to for years.

Then Gamergate happens when some people finally had enough, and they were vilified and shat on from orbit. Fringe cases of idiots doing death threats and other garbage were made to seem the norm from people that opposed this shift, and there's no way that could have happened without some sort of organization or leadership guiding the whole movement. That one journalist that posts on GAF wrote a great article about this in detail, there was a thread that was definitely worth a read.

I realize some of this sounds like conspiracy theory stuff, but this movement has been way too quick and way too effective to just be a simultaneous massive swing of opinion in the industry. Then you read stuff that has been posted in this thread, and I at least can't help but get a little bit angry. I doubt I'll ever actually find out the truth about all of this bullshit, but god dammit I'm gonna at least make sure I think for myself and question all of this absolute horseshit that seems hellbent on changing this industry into something, frankly, not fun.

Geki-D

Banned
You like Legend of Zelda? Sorry kid, but you’re a KKK member now. You may pick up your complementary hood, tunic, and torch in the dining hall.
They specifically say:
"The triangular Klan symbol bears a certain resemblance to the "Triforce" symbol that appears in the popular Legend of Zelda video games, with which it should not be confused."

And it is used as KKK symbol. You should be mad at the KKK, not the ADL for simply complying info and actually saying that it's use in Zelda isn't racist.

...Or you could keep on lying to push your agenda 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I've been noticing this type of shit for years. It got played off a lot with stuff like censorship and adding """progressive""" ideas into gaming, and I was like "Whatever, I can ignore it and just play the games I like".

Then it just kept increasing and increasing, and I actually stopped for a minute and asked myself "Why?" Like why are they doing this in video games of all things? I've come up with a few answers myself, no sources, just what I think.

• Videogames are relatively young/new as a platform. There are a lot of people that want to see videogames as a legitimate art form instead of just consumable entertainment, so there's a pressure on those people to seem more adult or progressive or whatever to be taken seriously. I think this is the first problem that allows for the rest. This is also why for a ton of bigger AAA games, the idea of presentation and hollywood like story has taken over for gameplay and fun mechanics, in my opinion.
  • Children and teens play games. Children and teens are much more impressionable than adults, who mostly have their worldview set already. This is a great target for people that want to instigate change, because it's not obvious to the targets. If I keep playing games that tell me that LGBQTIA+ people are the new norm, that will start to seep in. At least that's my opinion of the idea behind it.
  • Graphic violence has become totally acceptable, where as women fanservice has become such a ridiculous taboo. This one isn't so much of an answer, but it's something I've definitely noticed over the past 10 years. In the early days of gaming, even before we had hyper realistic character models, violence was the big scare, that we would desensitize ourselves to violence and become violent ourselves. Now, violence is praised and awarded (MK11, TLoU2), but any provocative women fanservice should be immediately shut down. Then you get shouted at from the top of Mt. Morals if you don't agree. To be honest, I'm not really sure of the reason behind this one. It's been happening in movies, trade events, etc, all over the world. If this was truly a progressive stance, you would think you'd just see more equality of fanservice, not a complete shutdown of only the straight version of it.

I also don't understand how in the early 2010s, there was almost an immediate and complete sweep of game journalists that used to write about games, babes, other fun stuff, etc, to almost exclusively reporting on outrage, censorship, and virtue signaling. I'm not sure if it was just a domino effect of one journalist doing it, or if there really was something nefarious at play behind the scenes, but it was like a light switch that instantly "journos" were completely against the fans and patrons that they had been writing to for years.

Then Gamergate happens when some people finally had enough, and they were vilified and shat on from orbit. Fringe cases of idiots doing death threats and other garbage were made to seem the norm from people that opposed this shift, and there's no way that could have happened without some sort of organization or leadership guiding the whole movement. That one journalist that posts on GAF wrote a great article about this in detail, there was a thread that was definitely worth a read.

I realize some of this sounds like conspiracy theory stuff, but this movement has been way too quick and way too effective to just be a simultaneous massive swing of opinion in the industry. Then you read stuff that has been posted in this thread, and I at least can't help but get a little bit angry. I doubt I'll ever actually find out the truth about all of this bullshit, but god dammit I'm gonna at least make sure I think for myself and question all of this absolute horseshit that seems hellbent on changing this industry into something, frankly, not fun.
This is honestly an excellent reply that hits on a lot of things that imo are pretty damn accurate.

sneas78

Banned
Thank god theres game making programs like Dreams .. guess going to have to get serious on how to make games if I have any hope to play the games I want to see.

Last edited:

DrAspirino

Banned
Japanese games still seem to be mostly free from the insanity by western game companies.
At least on PC....for now....

Journalists and the media run on ads revenue. If any company or studio wants to push an agenda, they simply blackmail the media to push their agendas or they'll stop advertising with them. That's the reason sometimes there's an obvious bias towards X game or Y company.

What really bothers me nowdays with different types of media (videogames, tv series, movies, etc) isn't the progressiveness or the inclusion of lgbt and/or feminist characters/stories/dramas, but how they shoehorn that into the media. I mean... WTF? does it really matter that X character is lesbian/gay/trans if the story and the game is about the end of the world? It doesn't. Then those "progressive issues" are just shoehorned in the story simply to fulfill an agenda.

Gosh... Star Trek, Mass Effect, even Dagon Age got those things right. These days it's just ridiculous.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
So ADL still working with leftiststs, when the same leftists sacrifice Jews everyday in favor of their new lords- the Islamists? Maybe ADL should remember that Islamists are numero uno on leftists' list of those who must be helped and protected at any cost, and Jews are numero uno on Islamists' list of those who must be finished.

Last edited:
Top Bottom