• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection |OT| Tiberian Tomorrow

Even if you don't have an 4K monitor I recommend using DSR to downsample, you gain a bit of extra detail.

Comparison gif between 1080P and 4K:

jpUogA.gif

Paperboy

It's like reliving the childhood! The game is so good! I had a good laugh when realising that holding the shift key and clicking on the speaker still unlocked the ant missions.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Have they fixed the sandbag bug / cheat / improvement or can you still do it?

I've finished installing and booted the game but not started it yet.

Last edited:
What a fantastic remaster! The only bad thing about it is the forced black bar on the left when playing with 21:9 ultrawide displays. There's no need for that in 2020. Also, it would be very nice to choose between the original/AI enhanced FMVs.

BigBooper

The unpacking is weird in Steam. I think I would be able to just download it faster than preload and unpack. Ah well, ready to jump in now.

Ovek

7Member7
Whilst I shouldn't be surprised the multiplayer is completely fubar at the moment. Sigh...

Also the intro installer when you first launch C&C gave me the biggest nostalgia boner I have ever had.

HE1NZ

Banned
What a fantastic remaster! The only bad thing about it is the forced black bar on the left when playing with 21:9 ultrawide displays. There's no need for that in 2020. Also, it would be very nice to choose between the original/AI enhanced FMVs.
On my 16:10 display it has black bars on top and bottom too. They designed the game for 16:9 and probably aren't going to fix it.

Ivan

It's fantastic overall, I have just 2 complaints:

- Colour on the buildings is oversaturated, i prefer more muted and realistic look of the original
- Health bars are somehow too big and bold (or are they)

Ivan

On my 16:10 display it has black bars on top and bottom too. They designed the game for 16:9 and probably aren't going to fix it.

It's not that relevant, but 4:3 and 5:4 displays some people have on old computers are forced to use 16:9 viewport. Black bars and everything is smaller.

HE1NZ

Banned
Turns out NOD = New Order of Diplomacy :messenger_hushed:

At least it was until they rewritten parts of the dialogue.

I picked it up. Want to show my support for how they handed this project. Can't wait to be transported back using modern hardware.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So do we have an initial consensus from fans of the originals? Good remaster? Ready to take the plunge today if they haven't mucked it up.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Andyliini

Question. Is there a way to disable subtitles for cutscenes? I looked around the settings, but couldn't find one. Then again, I could be blind as well, took me long enough to find the button to zoom out the map.

FranXico

Sadly, I am affected by the stuttering issue. I mean, my laptop is far from being an Alienware beast, but it is no potatoe...

Sadly, I am affected by the stuttering issue. I mean, my laptop is far from being an Alienware beast, but it is no potatoe...

Do you have a HDD or SSD? Seems like the issue is related to asset streaming which affects people with slower drives.

Last edited:

DrCheese

It's ok - I've been spoilt by OpenRA's quality of life improvements (Better AI/Pathfinding etc) But I fully get why they've left them untouched in this remaster.
Also had to install one of the mods to zoom out as the default viewport feels ultra close.

Kenpachii

For people that don't know spacebar = changing visuals from old to new on the fly.

Tried it now for a few missions. they where pretty hard at the start maps tho. ( red alert remaster ).

tesla towers however are godly, finally got those now. Really liking it so far.

Also anybody knows if you can put waypoints forwards? or did this version not have that yet? can't seem to find it.

FranXico

Do you have a HDD or SSD? Seems like the issue is related to asset streaming which affects people with slower drives.
I installed the game to my Snail Speed Drive, yes. Reloading does help (when the textures are fully cached). This should be patched pretty soon.

FranXico

From that thread:
The stuttering was fixed for me when I went to Nvidia Control Panel and set the application's Vsync to application controlled. Before that, it was mostly happening when barrels were exploding, which happens a lot during RA1's first mission.
In addition to the system setting for vsync, also try turning off the GPU optimized mouse pointer, even the tooltip suggests that it might hamper performance on some cards. It seemed to not help in my system anyway.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Question. Is there a way to disable subtitles for cutscenes? I looked around the settings, but couldn't find one. Then again, I could be blind as well, took me long enough to find the button to zoom out the map.
It's in the sound options. You can zoom with the mouse wheel too.

Are both these games horribly unbalanced?

NOD has trash units compared to GDI and same with the Soviets outclassing the allies.

Im stuck on that Havoc mission as GDI, fucking commando losing life when he blows up a Sam site

Top Bottom