• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection |OT| Tiberian Tomorrow

Allandor

Ah, damn .. I just preordered it, I swore to myself that I will never preorder or by a C&C game again before reviews don't give it a go. I was so disappointed from paying 99DM (... old german currency and it was normally 79DM for a game in this time) for that bad game.
I really hope the remaster is good.

KTW4jgU.png

mcz117chief

I'm jumping into the ranked multiplayer of the 1st game immediately. I have played the campaign about a million times already but I never played the multi.

DualShockers review is up

8 out of 10

“The end result is a passionate love letter to two true classics of gaming history.”

Fans of Command and Conquer or Red Alert should be quite pleased with how this came out. It might have a few dated mechanics that can turn off newer players, and the fundamental game remains unchanged from previous experiences if you didn’t care for those. Regardless, this is truly the definitive package for series fans, and newcomers wishing to experience the early days of the RTS genre should find plenty of enjoyment here.

mcz117chief

Ok so I went and tried the campaign, good Lord the face of Mobius in the opening cutscene! Literally straight out of The Thing O_O Brace yourselves, lads, the up-scaling is really really un-canny in places (water is another great offender, basically anything small which should have details).

mcz117chief

I am honestly not going to play ranked multiplayer anymore. The matchmaking is completely random. I am given players from Mars based on the lag or their PCs are terrible. I had to quit a number of matches now because of the insane lag measurable in seconds :(

edit: some more funny matches. I got spawned literally right next to the enemy or I spawned OUTSIDE the map resulting in instant game over :/

Also, if you switch graphics in skirmish it'll reveal the map. Dunno about other modes.

Lol, that's awesome :D

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
And the power in my building went out!!

I am honestly not going to play ranked multiplayer anymore. The matchmaking is completely random. I am given players from Mars based on the lag or their PCs are terrible. I had to quit a number of matches now because of the insane lag measurable in seconds :(

edit: some more funny matches. I got spawned literally right next to the enemy or I spawned OUTSIDE the map resulting in instant game over :/

Lol, that's awesome :D

Really hope they get that under control, day 1 is paramount in multiplayer RTS games.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Friends. I am not part of the master race, I have a top of the range MacBook but a pretty shitty (when it comes to the latest games) Windows laptop that is 1080p i5 with a Geforce 940MX.

Is this game going to run like shit on it?

I know I'm not ever going to get the 4K full remaster love in.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
Friends. I am not part of the master race, I have a top of the range MacBook but a pretty shitty (when it comes to the latest games) Windows laptop that is 1080p i5 with a Geforce 940MX.

Is this game going to run like shit on it?

I know I'm not ever going to get the 4K full remaster love in.

I don't know, you have a 940 mobile card but the minimum requirements is a 600 series. I think you should probably be able too, even if you have to run it at 720p? What other kinds of games can you run?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I don't know, you have a 940 mobile card but the minimum requirements is a 600 series. I think you should probably be able too, even if you have to run it at 720p? What other kinds of games can you run?

Thanks for replying. Basic ones really, I've never tried to push it. Stuff off GoG that's old!!

It's only £20 I suppose.

mcz117chief

Red Alert is really jittery for me, especially the first few seconds in each mission then it gets better but it is still annoying even later on. I don't know what could be causing this, I am playing ANNO 1800 on max settings without any issues but Red Alert seems to be too much :/

Top Bottom