• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection |OT| Tiberian Tomorrow

Bolivar687

Banned
Y0fIG0E.jpg

Welcome back to Command & Conquer, the father of Real Time Strategy. For its 25th Anniversary, EA enlisted the original developers now at Petroglyph Games to remaster the first generation of titles that started it all: Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert. In the modern world, a multinational coalition hunts a mysterious terror network across Third World battlefields for the control of Tiberium, a precious resource of unknown origin. In an alternate timeline, the Allied Nations launch a desperate guerilla campaign to stop an ascendant Soviet Union from sweeping across Europe. Between these two universes strides the enigmatic Kane, a charismatic strategist manipulating world events to his own secretive ends. Construct outposts and command your armies in the ultimate global conflict simulator.

Community Game Nights: Mondays 9pm EST

Minimum Requirements:
Processor (AMD):
Athlon 64 X2 4600 @ 2.4ghz or better
Processor (Intel): Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.4ghz or better
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon HD 5570 or equivalent
Graphics Card (Nvidia): GT 420 or equivalent

Recommended Spec:
Processor (AMD):
Ryzen 7 1700
Processor (Intel): i5 4690K
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon HD 7850 or equivalent
Graphics Card (Nvidia): GTX 660 or equivalent

Windows 8.1 or Higher | DirectX 11 | Storage: 32GB

y0f39Nq.jpg

• Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert authentically reconstructed from the ground up in 4K
  • Over 100 campaign missions and 250 multiplayer maps from the original games, expansions, and console ports
  • Overhauled user interface and quick build sidebar
  • Fully customizable hotkeys and optional modernized RTS controls
  • In-game toggle between classic graphics and remastered 4k assets
  • New mission selection menu to track your progress across the campaigns
  • Camera zoom
  • Achievements and Friends Lists for Steam and Origin
  • Quicksave and Autosave support
  • Voice over in English, French, and German
  • Text localization in French, German, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese
  • In-game tooltips
  • Accessibility features

ouJP1TA.jpg

• Competitive multiplayer completely rebuilt on Petroglyph's dedicated servers for stability and security
  • Ranked 1v1 Quickmatch with competitive rules and ladder
  • Custom lobbies for personalized game options
  • Replay mode for both Quickmatch and Custom Games
  • Observer mode for live games in progress
  • Skirmish mode for the first time ever in Tiberian Dawn
  • LAN support to be announced post-launch
ccrem-full-res-screenshot-replays-observer-mode.png

9jWy1i7.jpg

• In an unprecedented move, EA is releasing the .dll files and source code for both games under the GPL v3.0 license: https://github.com/electronicarts/CnC_Remastered_Collection
  • Steam Workshop integration and support for manual installations
  • Custom maps, combat units, art replacements, gameplay logic and game data for both Custom Missions and Skirmish modes
  • Compatibility and support for open Command & Conquer communities CNCNet and Open RA
  • Map editor (and how to make them NOT suck):
ccrem-full-res-screenshot-map-editor.png

ZVJ4hJS.jpg

• Over seven hours of remastered music, including 20 live tracks from Frank Klepacki & the Tiberian Sons
  • Hours of upscaled full motion video cinematics, b-roll, behind the scenes making-of content, and unreleased music tracks
  • Enhanced jukebox playlist support
  • Console port cinematics now on PC for the first time
  • EVA voice overs re-recorded in high definition by original voice actress Kia Huntzinger
MockUp_Banner_Command_Conquer_SpecialEdition_2.png

Physical Edition delayed to Fall

b6R5UI9.gif

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Never really played much of either, hoping this thing is up to scratch and i'll take the plunge. £17 is a perfect price for something like this.

jigglet

Banned
I reckon you should just take out the limited edition picture since it sold out months ago. Could be giving people false hopes.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Looks ace, I'm pretty excited about this, I'm a bit worired about the CGI cutscenes, they looked like literally some of the worst upscaling I've ever seen, I would prefer to just see them in a smaller window with a blur + scanlines, since they were never progressive scan to begin with afaik.

Other than that looks amazeballs, love the art upgrade.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
might have to dive into this! C&C was one of the few non-DOOM style PC games i played back in the day. i even played a few matches over the phone with a modem! classic stuff

TheContact

I like how they only upped the graphics a little bit and didn't do a complete re-design. Gives a good sense of nostalgia without making it feel like a whole new game.

Absolutely adored these games growing up. I'll probably pick it up when I have more time for it.

That cover art seems weirdly lazy to me, though. Half of it is just the original C&C cover, and then the other half is a photoshopped Ushanka, the Red Alert cover, and what appears to be a Linksys modem lol.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Fun fact:
Command and Conquer 3 was actually my favorite. Didn't like Red Alert 3 all that much.

1. Command and Conquer 3 plus expansion
2. Red Alert 2 plus Yuri's Revenge
3. Red Alert
4. Command and Conquer
5. Red Alert 3
6. Command and Conquer 2 plus expansion

Command and Conquer 4 is not worth even talking about.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
this and dune were the only strategy games i could tolerate, endless games played over dial up back in the day

thanks for the thread, cannot wait to jump back in

RAIDEN1

So basically they should have added ALL this and then you are looking at a top-tier (minus one bad apple) of a remastered collection:

• Command & Conquer
• Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert: Counterstrike
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert: The Aftermath
• Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
• Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Firestorm
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge
• Command & Conquer: Renegade
• Command & Conquer: Generals
• Command & Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour
• Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
• Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars: Kane's Wrath
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising
• Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

Tesseract

Banned
generals is far and away my favorite rts ever, i'd like to see it get treated

tiberian and red alert 2 have to be in the pipe, would be shocked if they weren't

Last edited:

Nemesisuuu

We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world.

I'll put this collection on hold, sadly don't have time for it. For now.

mcz117chief

Am I the only one who enjoys Command and Conquer 4? The story is really bad (as are most stories in C&C) but I really dig the walker gameplay and the VA is as good as ever with many memorable lines. I definitely didn't play it as much as some of the other games but I do still play it from time to time.

Anyway, I bought the Remaster and I am really looking forward to the multiplayer of the 1st game.

HE1NZ

Banned
Am I the only one who enjoys Command and Conquer 4? The story is really bad (as are most stories in C&C) but I really dig the walker gameplay and the VA is as good as ever with many memorable lines. I definitely didn't play it as much as some of the other games but I do still play it from time to time.

Anyway, I bought the Remaster and I am really looking forward to the multiplayer of the 1st game.
Yes

Bolivar687

Banned
What’s the difference between that and steam? I pre ordered on steam.

He's confusing the game coming out tomorrow with the compilation of older titles on Origin. This is a remaster, with completely new art assets and improved sound. I don't think you can even play multiplayer of the older games unless you go through a third party community.

Thanati

He's confusing the game coming out tomorrow with the compilation of older titles on Origin. This is a remaster, with completely new art assets and improved sound. I don't think you can even play multiplayer of the older games unless you go through a third party community.

Gotcha. I thought that's what had happened.

Thanks for clarifying it though.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I don't get why they are making us wait until 12pm CDT for this. 12:01am would have made more sense.

Of course, it's nowhere near as bad as Steam was at unlocking pre-2010. They often missed the unlock time.

Top Bottom