• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Trek to Yomi, Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising, NHL 22, and More

Draugoth

Gold Member
FR1dQ74XoAMtCGi

Today:
  • Loot River
  • NBA 2K22
May 5:
  • Trek To Yomi
  • Citizen Sleeper
May 10:
  • Danganronpa 2
  • Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising
  • This War of Mine: Final Cut

May 12:
  • NHL 22

Leaving Soon

The following games will be leaving the Game Pass library soon, so make sure you jump back in before they go. Remember to use your membership to save up to 20% off your purchase to keep these in your library.

Leaving May 10

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition (Cloud and Console)
Leaving May 15

• Enter The Gungeon (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Console and PC)
  • Remnant: From the Ashes (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Steep (Cloud and Console)
  • The Catch: Carp and Coarse (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Wild at Heart (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

Eiyuden Chronicle and Trek to Yomi seems pretty great! Will probably check them eventually.

Unfortunately, this month, what's leaving seems overall better than what's arriving... although at this point, most people who were interested in these games might have already played it.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Eiyuden Chronicle and Trek to Yomi seems pretty great! Will probably check them eventually.

Unfortunately, this month, what's leaving seems overall better than what's arriving... although at this point, most people who were interested in these games might have already played it.

I don’t think we’ll see anything massive or ground breaking until the e3 drop at this moment.

Orbital2060

Oh sorry, I meant that I am going to stop playing it at the moment.

I started it in November 21 and still haven't finished it.
Y5 is a behemoth of a game. Id keep at it, and see the stories come together.

I have the same kind of backlog with Spike Chunsoft games now. Completed AI Somnium Files, and in the middle of Danganronpa, and then Zero Escape already there and Danganronpa 2 coming this month.

jaysius

Banned
Shitty padding.
  • Danganronpa 2
  • This War of Mine: Final Cut
I'm looking forward to Trek to Yomi and Eiyuden Chronicles might be a great game too.

Loot River is a GREAT concept, but fuck it's rough AF, the "dodge" animation makes your spite VANISH so it's sort of hard to track where you're going exactly.

Last edited:

MikeM

Both nhl 22 and nba 2k22 have or will be coming to GP. I bought both on PS5. Done buying these games and will just wait until they fall onto GP now.

Bridges

Danganronpa 2 coming to Xbox is great.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the first one. If they keep adding them I will keep playing them.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'll be trekking to yomi in a few days.

Lootriver had a solid demo.
Citizen Sleeper has some cool sci-fi / cyberpunk art, but I'm keeping expectations low.
Rising Chronicles of Eiyuden. Guess we'll see

Rac3r

Both nhl 22 and nba 2k22 have or will be coming to GP. I bought both on PS5. Done buying these games and will just wait until they fall onto GP now.
Bro, 2k22 is coming to Gamepass EIGHT months after release lol. The NBA season is almost over.

Gambit2483

When a game gets dropped does that just mean it's no longer available for install?

Or is the install completely wiped from the hard drive? I'm a new Series X owner.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
When a game gets dropped does that just mean it's no longer available for install?

Or is the install completely wiped from the hard drive? I'm a new Series X owner.
It's still installed. When you click it to play it says you need to update your license. So at that point either buy it or delete it. You have to manually delete the games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh sorry, I meant that I am going to stop playing it at the moment.

I started it in November 21 and still haven't finished it.

Oh yeah I get that.

Yakuza 5 is probably the biggest game of the franchise that took me the most time as well (minus Like a Dragon, where the JRPG turn based battles add half the games time).

They just threw in everything, including the kitchen sink, into Yakuza 5.

It has a kart racing game, a karaoke etc.

FrozenFlame

Is Loot River up? Can't see it on my (pc) game pass app.

Edit: Nevermind, I closed the search results and it finally showed up. Weird.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Citizen Sleeper ... sucksssssss.

... on second thought its kind of interesting. Basically just a game of reading and then rolling dice. Like a table top role playing game but super on rails.

Last edited:
Yomi is beautiful but combat is a bit janky. I assume it's that type of game which is a maximum of 5 hours long so it's not a big deal, I'm in chapter 3 now looking for my waifu. Also makes me want to watch an old samurai movie now.

Chukhopops

I like Yomi so far, it’s not going to match Sekiro gameplay wise but it’s beautiful and very well made. Combat is simple and reminds me of Bushido Blade back in the PS1 years.

Let’s see if it drags on or not.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Never flipped my opinion on a video game so quickly.

Citizen Sleeper is actually pretty dang awesome. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone though, since 99% of people are probably going to instantly bounce off this game immediately like I almost did. I've never played a game quite like it.

Pretty much just reading text the entire game, and then you get allotted a certain amount of turns per day. Each turn you get is represented by a dice. Then you have to look at your options and decide where to spend your dice before turning in for the day and sleeping again. It's basically a turn based, time management / decision sim visual novel set in a dystopian cyberpunk space station. And the story's actually pretty interesting. If you get a high dice like a 6, you'll want to spend it on more dangerous actions since it minimizes the chance of getting a bad roll. Other actions require specific numbers like a 1 or 2, so it's an interesting juggling act when deciding what to do each day. Played for 2 hours straight and can't wait to get back to it. Once I finally figured out how all the quests work and your dice rolls, I was hooked. Went from talking shit on the game to immediately wanting to buy it.

BRrG5bb.jpg

ss_9db68bf85c1d9e44331f5a8dd4134aae8a744076.1920x1080.jpg
CitizenSleeper_Clocks_112321.jpg

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Citizen Sleepers getting positive buzz on some podcasts I listen to as well.

Gonna give it an honest to god shot.
Please do. I hated it until I got used to the unique flow and finally understood how it all worked. Never played a game quite like it.

Apparently this team made 1 game previously called In Other Waters. Looked it up and its on sale for $6 on Switch so I got it.

CS is a super niche table top role-playing, choice / time management, visual novel thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom