• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Kentucky Route Zero, and More

What! Madden 22! :messenger_beaming:
It doesn't get any bigger than that for me.

Screenshot-2022-03-01-092837.png

My consistency is unmatched.

I wish they would implement the Museum into the console UI

intbal

I tried xCloud a couple of weeks ago.
It wasn't just worse than launch, it was much worse.

They must have prioritized bandwidth towards more population-heavy areas, because my internet hasn't changed since then.

AGRacing

Gold Member
Game Pass is changing buying habits. Any game that doesn't come flying out of the gates is going to immediately feel "game pass likely" and avoided at full price or perhaps entirely.

We are all subconsciously honing our "game pass instincts" and are going to learn to pass on games because of a gut feeling it'll end up on the service.

I've said this before but it's already significantly impacted my 3rd party game buying on PS5... and I think the further we get into this generation and the more folks have both consoles.... this is going to become a big problem for games like Guardians - which frankly deserved a LOT better than what it got.

kingfey

Banned
Game Pass is changing buying habits. Any game that doesn't come flying out of the gates is going to immediately feel "game pass likely" and avoided at full price or perhaps entirely.

We are all subconsciously honing our "game pass instincts" and are going to learn to pass on games because of a gut feeling it'll end up on the service.

I've said this before but it's already significantly impacted my 3rd party game buying on PS5... and I think the further we get into this generation and the more folks have both consoles.... this is going to become a big problem for games like Guardians - which frankly deserved a LOT better than what it got.
This is due to everything getting expensive. Just today, the gas prices in my city is $3:59. 1 week ago, it was $3:39.
People can't afford dropping money on games, like they used to do in the past. We are experiencing price hikes everywhere.

This isn't gamepass thing only. Games will get more expensive as times goes on.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
With Lightning Returns, the entire FFXIII trilogy is now available on Game Pass, and they all have been enhanced in one way or another.

Final Fantasy 13: 4K / 30 FPS and enhanced CG videos, better quality than PC or PS3.
Final Fantasy 13-2: 4K / 60 FPS. Game only has 1, 2 CG videos so no enhancements there is not an issue.
Lightning Returns: 4K / 60 FPS, same as above, only 2 CG videos in this game.

If anyone hasn't played these games before, or wants to revisit them, there's never been a better time than now on console.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Nice, cloud-based Flight Sim is sweet, as it's a performance hog and takes up like 200GB of space.

Guardians is definitely something I will play but probably wouldn't buy too.

manfestival

Available Today

* Far: Changing Tides (Cloud, Console, and PC)
* Microsoft Flight Simulator (Cloud)

Coming Soon

* Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC) – March 3
* Kentucky Route Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 10
* Lawn Mowing Simulator (Xbox One) – March 10
* Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 10
* Young Souls (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 10

Leaving March 15

* Nier: Automata (Cloud, Console, and PC)
* Phogs! (Cloud, Console, and PC)
* Torchlight III (Cloud, Console, and PC)
* The Surge 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Is the nier version the "become as gods" version or is this a different one?

Also Guardians of the Galaxy is really nice to have.

jaysius

Banned
Flight Sim on cloud is an awful idea with the input lag and the goofy shit the right analog stick does sometimes when you're playing cloud games.

GotG is amazing, I bought the game on deep sale, but damn, with gamepass no game is safe.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a good get, a game I was on the fence about buying. But, I want the platinum trophy. First world problems.

NahaNago

Impressive get for gamepass. I've yet to buy gotg but I'm more of a playstation guy (I aint buying no console games until I get a ps5, switch games don't count).

Amaranty

With Lightning Returns, the entire FFXIII trilogy is now available on Game Pass, and they all have been enhanced in one way or another.

Final Fantasy 13: 4K / 30 FPS and enhanced CG videos, better quality than PC or PS3.
Final Fantasy 13-2: 4K / 60 FPS. Game only has 1, 2 CG videos so no enhancements there is not an issue.
Lightning Returns: 4K / 60 FPS, same as above, only 2 CG videos in this game.

If anyone hasn't played these games before, or wants to revisit them, there's never been a better time than now on console.
How is the combat compared to FF XII? Is it a lot of automatic battles and constant pauses to do actions?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How is the combat compared to FF XII? Is it a lot of automatic battles and constant pauses to do actions?

FFXIII plays a lot more like a traditional turn based game, closer to the older games.

Combat was the best part of the game IIRC, I haven't played 13 in ages.

Schmick

I tried xCloud a couple of weeks ago.
It wasn't just worse than launch, it was much worse.

They must have prioritized bandwidth towards more population-heavy areas, because my internet hasn't changed since then.
Thats a shame. I just jumped onto xCloud to try FS. and it worked really well. i thought would try it to see how it handles cities compared to my aging PC. I can conclude that framerates are better on xCloud not to mention loading times are greatly reduced. But despite that, you cant play with keyboard and mouse so for now i'll be sticking with the PC version. I will probably pop it on my Xbox One from time to time.
Flight Sim on cloud is an awful idea with the input lag and the goofy shit the right analog stick does sometimes when you're playing cloud games.

GotG is amazing, I bought the game on deep sale, but damn, with gamepass no game is safe.
Like is said above, i didnt have any problems.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Nice additions. Have been meaning to check out Kentucky route zero for years and never got around to it. Hopefully I get to it before it's removed lol.

intbal

Nice additions. Have been meaning to check out Kentucky route zero for years and never got around to it. Hopefully I get to it before it's removed lol.

Act 1 is very compelling.
The game became a chore after that. I think they should have shortened it significantly and released the complete version in 2014.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

HE2g7pK.gif

sing it with me and papa Phil!
🎶WOAH, YEAH,GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!

Last edited:
Unfortunately for me I bought GOTG, probably still worth it though...
Almost bought Kentucky Route Zero so many times, so that softens the blow.

Robb

Gold Member
Neat! I disregarded Guardians based on the early footage and all of the annoying dialogue.

Wouldn’t buy it, but I’ve heard good thing so I’ll definitely give it a go through GamePass and see if I like it.

Stuart360

Nice one. Being on Gamepass is the only way i'd actually play this game as i'm not a fan.
It will be cool to check out. I just wish you could turn off the cringe chatter.

Deerock71

Kentucky Route Zero is terrible btw. I have no idea why it received all the praise it did. I gave up on it after several hours, and that's rare for me. I'll usually power through (for non Game Pass games) even if I'm not enjoying a game.
Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

DaGwaphics

Nice one. Being on Gamepass is the only way i'd actually play this game as i'm not a fan.
It will be cool to check out. I just wish you could turn off the cringe chatter.

When you watch short snippets in reviews and things like that it makes the chatter seem annoying. When actually playing the game I was unbothered by it, they used effectively as a tool to build the personalities of the characters.

Last edited:

AGRacing

Gold Member
This is due to everything getting expensive. Just today, the gas prices in my city is $3:59. 1 week ago, it was $3:39.
People can't afford dropping money on games, like they used to do in the past. We are experiencing price hikes everywhere.

This isn't gamepass thing only. Games will get more expensive as times goes on.

I wasn't citing a statistic about buying habits.. of course you're correct in your statement about rising costs, inflation, etc.

But this will independently influence decisions about purchases as well.

kingfey

Banned
I wasn't citing a statistic about buying habits.. of course you're correct in your statement about rising costs, inflation, etc.

But this will independently influence decisions about purchases as well.
Both of them go hand to hand. Gamepass while cheap, allows people to save their money, in this inflation situation we are in. Thus thriving gamepass business, while indirectly affecting other game sales.

Before pandemic and these inflation, you could see people buying games. But with current world now, people will sub to gamepass and spend less money on other games.

I can't buy elden ring now, because I spent $60 on hfw +$50 on other game sales. My monthly gas now is $220 now. Before it was $138. $83 of my free money is going to my gas these days.

Darsxx82

It can be seen from another point of view as well.
The arrival at Gamepass of 3rd games is not free, MS pays an amount to the Studios that can help a lot to recover the investment in many cases. In cases of indi games even to recover the total cost of development. It can be a small "lifeline" for Studios 3rd when their project isn't as successful as expected or even to scale it up if it was successful.

Additionally, Gamepass has proven to be a platform that increases visibility/marketing and brings the game closer to a larger user base.

Papacheeks

Banned

Most of the blame for Guardians under performing can be aimed at Avengers.

That game was under same studio but different team. And it was pretty shit.

On top of how the game was shown/Previewed.

Presentation is everything in selling someone. Thank god there was early reviews for it, it probably helped that most youtubers who played it raved about it.

I hope they get another shot. Would love this to develop into a Marvel mass-effect game. Be nice to cover adam warlock, nova ect.

DaGwaphics

It can be seen from another point of view as well.
The arrival at Gamepass of 3rd games is not free, MS pays an amount to the Studios that can help a lot to recover the investment in many cases. In cases of indi games even to recover the total cost of development. It can be a small "lifeline" for Studios 3rd when their project isn't as successful as expected or even to scale it up if it was successful.

Additionally, Gamepass has proven to be a platform that increases visibility/marketing and brings the game closer to a larger user base.

100%. It can open new avenues for returns also. Say a good number of GP members play GoTG on GP and like/complete it, that could increase the odds of getting a DLC for it which can be good for fans of the game and the developers. That's in addition to the obvious increase in visibility that might make more users jump on a sequel if there ever was one.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Available Today

* Far: Changing Tides (Cloud, Console, and PC)
* Microsoft Flight Simulator (Cloud)

Coming Soon

* Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC) – March 3
* Kentucky Route Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 10
* Lawn Mowing Simulator (Xbox One) – March 10
* Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 10
* Young Souls (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 10

Leaving March 15

* Nier: Automata (Cloud, Console, and PC)
* Phogs! (Cloud, Console, and PC)
* Torchlight III (Cloud, Console, and PC)
* The Surge 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Damn I'm so sad to see nier go.

Am I able to beat it from now until it gets removed or will it be too rushy?

Lognor

Banned
I know, I know. Non Game Pass games I feel the need to finish since I paid for them. Game Pass has weened me from that habit, but I still do it on my Switch. My PC? Yeah, that's a blackhole. I buy games and then never play them. A completely different issue there.

Damn I'm so sad to see nier go.

Am I able to beat it from now until it gets removed or will it be too rushy?
It can definitely be done. It'll be a busy two weeks though. And you probably wont be able to grind every ending. But your mileage will vary based on how long you play games I guess.

Top Bottom