• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Hades, Skate, Curse of the Dead Gods, and More

MOTM

Banned
Looking forward to giving Hades a shot. Not the kind of game I'm usually interested in but with all the hype it's received I'll be giving it a try.

TY6mreI.png

Love me some Lumines and Hades.
Not so crazy about paying twice as much for them, but eh, hopefully the money finds its way to where it needs to be.

MOTM

Banned
Am going nuts.

Had to put Doom Eternal on backburner. Due to Ascent, Flight Sim and surprise drop of Raji.
Yeah 5 hours in The Ascent and absolutely loving it. Hope Neon Giant get more funds and grow the studio, looking forward to whatever they have coming up next.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I liked but didn't love Bastion, but their other games left me completely cold, with that in mind, do you think I would like Hades?
Hades is a roguelike. Most of their other games have vastly different play styles. For example, I hated Pyre with a passion (it's the reason I didn't jump on Hades until after it left beta and came to the Switch). Bastion was an action / adventure game, Transistor was a turn based action game, Pyre was a basketball visual novel.

This game has tons and tons of soul. The combat is tight, and the characters are fantastic.

Hard to go wrong with the game, especially if you already have Game Pass. Give it a try yourself, and if it doesn't click for you then set it aside for something else.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Am going nuts.

Had to put Doom Eternal on backburner. Due to Ascent, Flight Sim and surprise drop of Raji.
QlZULYmCpzkVkCzxKXl8JtjKapXXkz-FpobDS7QqxhvPNUBmgoahf-dWpNVwuw_vPIPlvKtY4AToSCiBz_dLH8aRc3mo-FG05MaKkySe7wYKjXCwbuESg8h_8pTejjAahzWkdSn0gL_0loNhQwLcxcToHxCgYz0dJvY

I already put in 200 hrs in Hades on Switch, so I'm good on that front. Game is a masterpiece, and I don't think I heard a line of repeating dialogue until like 150+ hours in. It just keeps going.

Due yourself a favor everyone and just adjust the difficulty in Curse of the Deads so that you don't lose health as much when going into new rooms. Turns an absolute ball-buster into a fun and enjoyable game. The horror-Mayan art style is really neat, and an underused setting.

Not a ton for me since I have those two. Guess I'll try out Dodgeball Academia 🤷‍♂️

mxbison

Oof, tough break for Curse of the Dead Gods going up against Hades.

I wonder if the publisher had any say in that timing.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Oof, tough break for Curse of the Dead Gods going up against Hades.

I wonder if the publisher had any say in that timing.
I was thinking the same thing. Honestly the worst possible games to release at the same time! Similar art style, similar gameplay design.

Kuranghi

Ya'll motherfuckers better play Hades. Best game of 2020 for me.

I'm definitely going to try it this month, I was really let down by the lack of variety in the combat in Death's Door and Hades looks like a much better version of it, tons more depth than DD regarding builds and such as well.

BabyYoda

Banned
Hades is a roguelike. Most of their other games have vastly different play styles. For example, I hated Pyre with a passion (it's the reason I didn't jump on Hades until after it left beta and came to the Switch). Bastion was an action / adventure game, Transistor was a turn based action game, Pyre was a basketball visual novel.

This game has tons and tons of soul. The combat is tight, and the characters are fantastic.

Hard to go wrong with the game, especially if you already have Game Pass. Give it a try yourself, and if it doesn't click for you then set it aside for something else.
Thanks, I don't like roguelite's normally, but I do have Gamepass and the game is likely a small download, so no hard in trying it when it comes, it seems well written at least :)

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hades is great. I haven't played since it came out of Beta though. Might just need to redownload it now. I wonder how Skate 3 will play on Xcloud.

elliot5

Will Hades have cross save from my switch?
some ponder if you can do the cross save with Switch and EGS, and then get the save from EGS to the Win 10 version by dropping it in a folder somewhere (if possible) because it's a Play Anywhere title it'll then cloud sync with Xbox..

MOTM

Banned
So many games, it almost feels like I'm pirating. Ever since Game Pass was introduced, I'm getting too lazy to peel off the packaging of physical copies for the other consoles... I'm stressed by the backlog that is piling up..
Choice paralysis is a real thing for me.

FR1908

Choice paralysis is a real thing for me.
Exactly. When I was young and only had money to rent a single game for 3 days once in a week, I dreamed of the collection and access to something like Game Pass that I'm having now. But honestly, things were better then. Now I'm dreaming of becoming a millionaire some day, but I guess I'm living the good life already.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Will quickly finish up Darksiders Genesis before it is out and then hop onto Hades.

For the fans of the Skate series, what is considered the best one of them?

Top Bottom