• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for PC & Console: Spiritfarer, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Battletoads, Tell Me Why, Wasteland 3 and More

denisonja

Neo Member
Wasteland and Crusader Kings for me... Nice surprise since i was planning to buy them.... For a gamer like me, who never gets to finish the game (my mind always runs for a new shiny game :) and my time is limited with kids and full time job), GP is a blessing :)

Tumle

seems like the PC version of gamepass is getting more love now than the xbox one, its usually the other way around :)

DavidGzz

So you pay $15 a month for demos?

Hahaha, the funny thing is I used to buy OXM magazines off the stand for $8.99 just for the demos. So the fact that you can get Game Pass for $10 a month should put into perspective how amazing of a deal it is.

Stole this from a user on era

August 2020 XGP*

*so far, probably a few more shadowdrops before September as per usual

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Day 1, July 30th, but still lol)
Darksiders Genesis
The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
Final Fantasy VII
Trailblazers
Xeno Crisis
UnderMine (Day 1)
It Lurks Below (Day 1)
Spiritfarer (Day 1)
Battletoads (Day 1)
Tell Me Why (Day 1)
Microsoft Flight Simulator (Day 1)
New Super Luckys Tale (Day 1)
Wasteland 3 (Day 1)
Hypnospace Outlaw (Day 1)
Crossing Souls (Day 1)
Double Kick Heroes
Don't Starve: Giant Edition
Crusader Kings III (Day 1)
Resident Evil 7 (Edit: this is early September)

All of those in essentially 1 month. INSANE.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Capcom must be seeing some good returns on GP. Them along with Square Enix I feel like have had most of their library on GP.

Id love know how moneys is distributed between 3rd party and 1st party studios.

How much profit is being made Afterwards?
How much money is paying 1st /2nd party studio projects and how much goes to 3rd party.

Roberts

If I see (new) multiplats on gamepass, I take it as "our game isnt worth of more than few cents -devs". So game must be bad and not worth to buy for PS4.

Because if they would think that their game is good, they would not give it away for almost free on launch.

So, time to wait until used one is 5€ or less.

Most of these are older games so those I understand.

New games = same as adding a movie in netflix on premier show night

Not really true. Spiritfarer is getting great reviews. Operencia: the stolen sun was great and I'm pretty sure there were more good examples. I'm pretty much checking out every game that comes on GP - some of them might not have been my cup of tea, but I don't remember the last time a game was flat-out shitty.

Roberts

Downloading Spiritfarer as I type. Now maybe I can finally stop playing that damn Undermine game. Should be called Undergrind and I keep thinking just one more run, just one more run.

Haha, I just got my "Died 100 times" achievement and not even thinking about putting it down yet. How many bosses did you kill already?

Alx

I didn't know Spiritfarer was planned on Gamepass (or maybe I forgot about it). That's great, I love the art of the game but I'm not sure it's my kind of game.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
If I see (new) multiplats on gamepass, I take it as "our game isnt worth of more than few cents -devs". So game must be bad and not worth to buy for PS4.

Because if they would think that their game is good, they would not give it away for almost free on launch.

So, time to wait until used one is 5€ or less.

Most of these are older games so those I understand.

New games = same as adding a movie in netflix on premier show night

tenor.gif

What the fuck? RDR 2 leaving soon already?

I planned to play it and MGS collection on the new gen, but it looks like some gamepass games can only last a quarter. That's fucked up... it would probably take me longer than that to play it, because I dont really want to.

I'd have to play it 4 hours a day at this point. UGh the good stuff is leaving prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
What the fuck? RDR 2 leaving soon already?

I planned to play it and MGS collection on the new gen, but it looks like some gamepass games can only last a quarter. That's fucked up... it would probably take me longer than that to play it, because I dont really want to.

I'd have to play it 4 hours a day at this point. UGh the good stuff is leaving prove me wrong.

then buy it?

Three

If it's not a $100m interactive movie, it's not a real game.
Funny part being that they have more gameplay than flight simulator which is the same repetitive taking off and staring at scenery yet none of the fanboy bafoons seem to complain about that now do they.

then buy it?

Send me your copy.

I am way too cheap and dislike most rockstar games. In RDR 1, I was swimming down the river trying to cheese my way up a riverbank into Mexico while everyone else was revelling in some song that was playing. I shall persevere, it appears as though I get through Labor Day.

A true labor to celebrate. Looking forward to the Josh Homme songs and was looking forward to XSX performance.

Last edited:

martino

i can recognize the value but it's not a business model i like and i want to support.
i'm glad it will help people to play lot of games (this media is not that cheap) and try thing they would never if they had to paid normal price for it.
there must options for everybody

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Send me your copy.

I am way too cheap and dislike most rockstar games. In RDR 1, I was swimming down the river trying to cheese my way up a riverbank into Mexico while everyone else was revelling in some song that was playing. I shall persevere, it appears as though I get through Labor Day.

A true labor to celebrate. Looking forward to the Josh Homme songs and was looking forward to XSX performance.

If you dont really like Rockstar games then why are you upset that a Rcokstar game is leaving?

Vawn

Banned
Someone should start making threads to let people know which games are being removed from GamePass. This month

Red Dead Redemption 2
Metro Last Light
NBA 2K20
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection 2 and 3
Creature in the Well
Giana Sisters
The Jackbox Party Box 3

Last edited:
These many games alone will last me almost a year.

Then I will be one year further behind in terms of clearing my backlog.

Hard decisions.

Top Bottom