• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for PC & Console: Spiritfarer, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Battletoads, Tell Me Why, Wasteland 3 and More

Jose92

[Membe
XGP_81820_HERO.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator
(PC) – Available Today!

Spiritfarer (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – Available Today!

Battletoads (Console & PC) – August 20

Crossing Souls (PC) ID@Xbox – August 20

Darksiders: Genesis (PC) – August 20

Don’t Starve: Giant Edition (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – August 20

New Super Lucky’s Tale (Console & PC) – August 21

Hypnospace Outlaw (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – August 27

Tell Me Why: Chapter 1 (Console & PC) – August 27

Double Kick Heroes (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – August 28

Wasteland 3 (Console & PC) – August 28

Crusader Kings III (PC) ID@Xbox – September 1

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (Console & PC) – September 3

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08...-wave-2/?ocid=XGP_soc_omc_xbo_tw_GIF_lrn_8.18

In my opinion for the price, gamepass on pc is a bangin deal.

Last edited:

Bridges

I'm psyched to play Hypnospace, I'm surprised that got console ports.

I wish Resident Evil 7 had VR support on PC, can't help but feel no matter where I play it it'll be inferior to PSVR.

Microsoft Flight Simulator (PC) – Available Today!

Spiritfarer (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – Available Today!

Battletoads (Console & PC) – August 20

Crossing Souls (PC) ID@Xbox – August 20

Darksiders: Genesis (PC) – August 20

Don’t Starve: Giant Edition (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – August 20

New Super Lucky’s Tale (Console & PC) – August 21

Hypnospace Outlaw (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – August 27

Tell Me Why: Chapter 1 (Console & PC) – August 27

Double Kick Heroes (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – August 28

Wasteland 3 (Console & PC) – August 28

Crusader Kings III (PC) ID@Xbox – September 1

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (Console & PC) – September 3

XGP_81820_HERO.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08...-wave-2/?ocid=XGP_soc_omc_xbo_tw_GIF_lrn_8.18

In my opinion for the price gamepass on pc is a bargain of a deal.
It better than a bargain it like basically stealing with Flight Sim, Battletoads, Wasteland 3, and Crusader Kings day 1 on it amazing that like 4 60 dollar games each right there and countless other.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I didn't realize Wasteland 3 was that close. Can't wait to play it. Some other good games coming too.

I think This is Biohazard's 2nd appearance, I seem to remember playing it with my 1st GP trial, I know I never bought it so it had to be GP.

If I see (new) multiplats on gamepass, I take it as "our game isnt worth of more than few cents -devs". So game must be bad and not worth to buy for PS4.

Because if they would think that their game is good, they would not give it away for almost free on launch.

So, time to wait until used one is 5€ or less.

Most of these are older games so those I understand.

New games = same as adding a movie in netflix on premier show night

I'm definitely going to download New Super Lucky's Tale, I enjoyed the original one on Xbox One. The best thing about Xbox Game Pass is there's too many day one games that releases on the service from Indies to triple A games.

GHG

Gold Member
Darksiders Genesis is nice.

I also had no idea there was a new Super Lucky's tale...

Last edited:

theclaw135

Banned
Darksiders Genesis is nice.

I also had no idea there was a new Super Lucky's tale...

Microsoft slipped up. They say New Super Lucky's Tale is headed to Game Pass for PC
The problem is that no PC version of the (new) game is known to exist.

Last edited:

Siri

Banned
Gamepass for the PC is the new Steam Sale, except it happens every month: you never know what games you’re going to get, but they’re usually pretty good and you end of saving a huge amount of money.

Last edited:

Quasicat

I saw some of these on the Nintendo Direct today and thought they looked awesome. I’m glad I have the chance to try them on GamePass before I pick them up.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Some solid games here. Microsoft Flight Simulator scoring a 94 Metacritic must be a nice little morale-boost at the company after so many “meh” first-party studio games, lately (Bleeding Edge LMAO).

Also looking forward to trying out Darksiders Genesis on GamePass — probably the best month for PC GamePass ever.

Downloading Spiritfarer as I type. Now maybe I can finally stop playing that damn Undermine game. Should be called Undergrind and I keep thinking just one more run, just one more run.

pr0cs

Yow, not really sure where I'm gonna find all the time to play those. Ultimate keeps on delivering

The strange thing tho is that I was told gamepass was only AA type titles not even worth playing. Was I lied to or something?

longdi

Banned
I dont own an Xbox.

I just sub to 36 months GPU to show my support for great value. I hope the Live Gold digital cards trick, will still work after 3 years.

Thanks to MS flight 2020, let's see what's the hype.

Im all in for Phil now. :messenger_peace:

longdi

Banned
Yow, not really sure where I'm gonna find all the time to play those. Ultimate keeps on delivering

The strange thing tho is that I was told gamepass was only AA type titles not even worth playing. Was I lied to or something?

Yes.....even coming from a PCMR user.

All, stop being a fanboy and join the GPU wagon. It is crazy value, lock that down for 36 months and you are half done for next gen.

There is no place for console wars, it is all Gamepass Ultimate future. 🤷‍♀️

NewYork214

I'm not a fan of game pass taking over the console experience. Kinda seems like microsoft is more interested in pushing the service over their actual games and system.

With that said. I just subscribed for my pc. I have a few year old pc and dont really use it much but for 5 bucks a month. I'll totally try this out. Kinda excited to try gears tactics, battle roads, and some flight simulator.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Spiritfarer is surprisingly good so far, just a chill little exploration game. I got Microsoft Flight Simulator downloaded but haven't had the time to jump in. Again, solid-ass month with even more games coming.

MrFunSocks

Banned
If I see (new) multiplats on gamepass, I take it as "our game isnt worth of more than few cents -devs". So game must be bad and not worth to buy for PS4.

Because if they would think that their game is good, they would not give it away for almost free on launch.

So, time to wait until used one is 5€ or less.

Most of these are older games so those I understand.

New games = same as adding a movie in netflix on premier show night
What a shitty hot take lol.

I'm not a fan of game pass taking over the console experience. Kinda seems like microsoft is more interested in pushing the service over their actual games and system.

With that said. I just subscribed for my pc. I have a few year old pc and dont really use it much but for 5 bucks a month. I'll totally try this out. Kinda excited to try gears tactics, battle roads, and some flight simulator.
I’m sorry but what type of service do you think Game Pass is? Hint: it’s in the name.

Amazing that a topic about game pass adding new games can’t even escape the Sony trolls (not specifically talking about the quotes posts either).

Last edited:

tryDEATH

GamePass is getting out of hand, they are just adding too many new games. Its really unbelievable that its this cheap to get access to these games, people are really missing out on something amazing.

oagboghi2

Yes.....even coming from a PCMR user.

All, stop being a fanboy and join the GPU wagon. It is crazy value, lock that down for 36 months and you are half done for next gen.

There is no place for console wars, it is all Gamepass Ultimate future. 🤷‍♀️
I'm sorry, are we supposed to pretend those are AAA games? Wasteland 3? Battletoads?

C'mon son

Aladin

Gamepass/subscriptions is making disc drive obsolete.
Who cares if they keep putting compelling games on the service? Personally I couldn't care less if they ever made another great first party title. If gamepass keeps getting great games I'm happy, I'll just buy a ps5 as the exclusives machine.
Gamepass let Xbox make a play for next gen at a lower price point and yet avoids becoming a console for playing just the exclusive games.
Gamepass is viable for them and value for us. win-win.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm sorry, are we supposed to pretend those are AAA games? Wasteland 3? Battletoads?

C'mon son

Wasteland is being priced like a AAA game on Steam.

Unless it's D:OS level of quality it's not going to sell very well long term at that price.

Top Bottom